cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW OFFER: 2nd Month Free! BLACK FRIDAY SALE! Activate by December 2 and get a bonus 5 GB of data.

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This offer is now expired.

November 25th until December 2nd 11:59PM ET: We’re introducing two new Black Friday Deals: 

• Get your 2nd month free when you activate on any plan online or in-store
    • This will be credited to your account within 10 business days
  • Get a free SIM card when you activate on any plan in-store

These offers are stackable with the 5GB data add-on, so long as you activate on an eligible plan ($35+/month).

Hey Community,

From November 25 to December 2, customers that activate online or in-store will receive a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $35+/mo plan to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only and not stackable with any other promos (except for Refer-a-friend bonus).

How to Get this Offer:

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $35/mo or higher plan by December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 2 business days of activation.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

310 REPLIES 310

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TJCANADA 

The promo says up to 10 days for the renewal credit. It says up to 3 days for the referral credit. Referral credits seem to usually show up overnight. I think the 5gb also shows up overnight.

Edit: ninja'd

They say 2 business days for the 5GB but it could be faster.

Oops. Practice what I preach. Thanks for clarifying that for all readers. Oh well it's all over now anyway.

@Anonymous wrote:

@TJCANADA 

The promo says up to 10 days for the renewal credit. It says up to 3 days for the referral credit. Referral credits seem to usually show up overnight. I think the 5gb also shows up overnight.

They say 2 business days for the 5GB but it could be faster.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TJCANADA 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TJCANADA wrote:

I activated today around 4.00 PM EST, new num & new SIM card.

Used the referral code also. I understand it can take 72 hours for the $10 referral credit to show up.

But what about the second month Free BF promo credit? Will that also show up after 72 hours or is it INSTANT?

Or do I just get the second month fred automatically, without any credit for that showing up in my account?

So far I don't see the second month free anywhere on my account or a credit for that amount anywhere on my account. I am hearing conflicting posts, sone are saying the second month free credit is instant, sone are saying wait for 2-3 days.

Could the MODS clarify, how and when this credit will appear?

Refer-a-friend credit = within 72 hours after activation

One month plan credit = within 10 business days

@TJCANADA 

It's not instant. It's within 10 business days.

Fantastic offer by public mobile for black friday! @Tiana_V  you gave me a teaser and you didnt let me or the community down. And i think @mimmo owes me a drink...wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Despite a hard ditched effort, my work week hours all between Thursday and Saturday and xmas shopping (mostly from my tablet) I could not convince any of my friends or family to switch from their higher priced plans...and the few that are interested are still too early into their contracts to be able to switch. I found solace in my mountain of free lindt chocolate, a pile of groceries and beauty/skincare products on optimum points and a plethora of 75% off Bluetooth speakers, headphones and accessories from LD and a couple of cellphones for under $175. My xmas shopping is done and for once i didnt buy a single thing from canadian tire.....

TJCANADA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated today around 4.00 PM EST, new num & new SIM card.

Used the referral code also. I understand it can take 72 hours for the $10 referral credit to show up.

But what about the second month Free BF promo credit? Will that also show up after 72 hours or is it INSTANT?

Or do I just get the second month fred automatically, without any credit for that showing up in my account?

So far I don't see the second month free anywhere on my account or a credit for that amount anywhere on my account. I am hearing conflicting posts, sone are saying the second month free credit is instant, sone are saying wait for 2-3 days.

Could the MODS clarify, how and when this credit will appear?

The sun is setting in arguably the best New Customer Promotion at Public Mobile in the (exactly) one year that I have been here.

Over last Christmas and again a couple more times into this spring there were several of the 6 x $10 credit promos as well as a couple of the "second month free" promotions. But only one or the other, not both stavkable. And while some retailers may have offered a free SIM card for activating thought hem, it wasn't a part of the promo. Some of those promos also had a stackable $25/$25 referal credit as well!

So the current (almost expired) Second Month Free, Free SIM Card, 5Gb Data Add-on that are ALL Stackable combined with the $10/$20 referal credit is arguably as good or better than the promos from last Christmas and into this past spring.

Thanks Public Mobile, you kept us scrambling to add as many new customers as we possibly could over the past couple of weeks (including the 6 x $10 promo immediately before the Black Friday Promo) while not losing site of our need to keep up with the Christmas Shopping as well.

AE_Collector

@Copticruiser8 wrote:
  1. Filled the forms 4 times won't work pls help

@Copticruiser8  Sounds like you are trying to activate and running out of time. Try to wait out 50 minutes between attempts. Clear your browser and use secret/incognito mode. Chrome or Firefox works best. Have your credit card billing statement and copy the address exactly. Leave the apt/unit box empty and don't put a space in the postal code box. Use ALL CAPS if necessary. Have your choice of password, 4 digit pin and security question and answer ready. Have your referral code in front of you. Take a temporary number you can port later. Know the plan you want ($40 is the best deal to take advantage of all promos). Work quickly but patiently...you can activate in 15 min or less.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Copticruiser8 wrote:

xxxxxxx

What are you asking or stating? What doesn't work? What form?

Copticruiser8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

@GinYVR wrote:

@nelsonereenyLog into your selfserve account and check your rewards. If you get a $10 off that means the agent had used his referral code instead of yours.

Doing that won't work quite yet because that member said that the activation was today. The $10 account credit doesn't show up immediately.

@nelsonereenyLog into your selfserve account and check your rewards. If you get a $10 off that means the agent had used his referral code instead of yours.

Wrong.

popping

@nelsonereeny wrote:

When I was at the store today, the person doing the activation refused to enter the referral code, saying that it was not possible. Is that person at the store correct or wrong?

The sale rep is wrong.  There is a refer-a-friend field on the first page of activation process.

nelsonereeny

When I was at the store today, the person doing the activation refused to enter the referral code, saying that it was not possible. Is that person at the store correct or wrong?

Something will carry on though I will be surprised if it is "the works" like the current offer. Adding the second month free to the 5Gb add-on data bonus was supposed to only be Friday through Monday but because if a bit of a screw up had to be made retroactive back to Monday. So it may become one or the other or a smaller data add-on. I guess the $10/$20 referal will carry on for awhile yet.

AE_Collector

popping

@totalUser wrote:

... but it would be nice to have it extended for a bit, or at least to email people the number so they can activate right away. 

Well hopefully more is coming:)

I think that similar offer will be back in couple of weeks for pre-Christmas and boxing week sale like last year.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-a-SIM-your-next-30-days-of-service-...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Activate-any-30-mo-plan-online-and-get-...

... but it would be nice to have it extended for a bit, or at least to email people the number so they can activate right away. 

Well hopefully more is coming:)

@frodo_lives wrote:

If I order a SIM card today, it won't be here in time to sign up for a plan and take advantage of the BLACK FRIDAY SALE, therefore, what's the point of having a BLACK FRIDAY SALE? 

If all else fails...read the instructions...

How to Get this Offer:

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $35/mo or higher plan by December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 2 business days of activation.

@frodo_lives wrote:

If I order a SIM card today, it won't be here in time to sign up for a plan and take advantage of the BLACK FRIDAY SALE, therefore, what's the point of having a BLACK FRIDAY SALE? 

There are ways to get this done. As well as in-store, you could try online with third-party sellers.

@frodo_lives I guess, the best and fastest option for you is to go to the PM store closest to your location, buy, and activate sim card there.

@frodo_livesYou still have an option picking up a SIM card from a store and activating it there or at home.

frodo_lives

@Staliger wrote:

Great offer! Just received and activated my brand new sim. Excited to be the part of PM communitySmiley Very Happy

Welcome aboard. Get ready to $ave your ca$h.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

Great offer! Just received and activated my brand new sim. Excited to be the part of PM communitySmiley Very Happy

@balaca wrote:

There is only one code to use, if any.

That is the 6 character referral-code from your referrer, which you can use at the time of SIM activation (in-store or online) to get one-time $10 credit in your PM account which you can use in your next payment.

True, but that isn't need to get the extra data which was the question.

balaca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There is only one code to use, if any.

That is the 6 character referral-code from your referrer, which you can use at the time of SIM activation (in-store or online) to get one-time $10 credit in your PM account which you can use in your next payment.

Nope. Just sign up on a $35 or higher plan and the bonus data add-on will show up in your account before too long.

AE_Collector

@Cartman1 wrote:

Do I need to enter a code to get the added data when I sign up?

No promo code needed for 5GB bonus. It's automatic on a $35 or greater plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.