cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: NEW Knowledge Base Articles + Vote on Help Videos

@will13am@Alan_K, I also do 100% agree, and I did say that when the Public Labs were in play, how Video would make the most sense, that would cut down on confusion and direct ppl in correct direction to correct or reassure ppl 

Oracle

@makkahn28 wrote:

@will13am@Alan_K, I also do 100% agree, and I did say that when the Public Labs were in play, how Video would make the most sense, that would cut down on confusion and direct ppl in correct direction to correct or reassure ppl 

For once, we are in 100% total agreement!  For something like this, I totally believe that a video is worth 1000 words.  The new knowledge base updates are a huge improvement.  Still, there are lots of things that just don't lend themselves to discussion.  Yet in a video, they would be self evident.  We will find out soon enough how helpful they are to customers. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alan_K, can we have an accurate and detailed explanation on phone compatibility with the network?

This is a question that comes up over and over again in the forums, but the official info from PM is out of date and inaccurate.

I'd be happy to contribute or review it for technical accuracy if it would be helpful.

Oracle

@sheytoon Not sure what is out of date here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Getting-Started/ta-p/162?

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Oracle

Oracle

@sheytoon wrote:

@Alan_K, can we have an accurate and detailed explanation on phone compatibility with the network?

This is a question that comes up over and over again in the forums, but the official info from PM is out of date and inaccurate.

I'd be happy to contribute or review it for technical accuracy if it would be helpful.

I think the area needing proper detail is the LTE bands.  Saying that Public Mobile runs on 700 Mhz is not sufficient.  There are many LTE bands on so called 700 Mhz.  If you have useful information to share, I am sure it will be incorporated.  They are listening to us. 

@Luddite:

Band numbers are not mentioned, which leads to confusion, especially for Band 4. People don't know if 2100 and 1700 are referring to one band or two. They also don't know that B1 is incompatible.

B7 and B30 are not mentioned at all.

The 700 MHz bands are not identified precisely. They are actually comprised of 4 different bands: B12, B13, B17, B29.

Minimum band requirements are not clearly identified. Obviously a lot will depend on user's location, but pretty much every site has at least one of the following bands per technology, so having them all on your phone would be my recommendation: UMTS B2, B5; LTE B4, B5, B12/17.

Mentioning the functionality of each technology would be beneficial as well. For example, 3G is mandatory for voice calls. SMS and data can be on either technology, but data is faster on LTE.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm excited to see this happen as I believe this will help some of the common questions that keep getting asked multiple times. I can't wait to see this launched in the future.

Great to see PM reaching out to customers to find out what is best for us.  Unlike many companies that just assume what is best, nice to see a company that wants to truly hear from it's core customers.  Feedback is always good.  

@will13am awesome suggestion with the video, many people are visual learners, and providing this option is only going to make things that much simpler.    

@Alan_K 

I have this suggestion based on my experience when I first started.  A video showing users how to change the Access Point on their cell phone to Public Mobile's credentials.  Not many users are user friendly and sometimes people don't know what to do, or where to go to get this information.  I think a short 1-2 minute video showing where to go in the phone settings (maybe one video for android users, and another for apple users) and then what information to input. 

When i first switched i wasn't able to receive texts or receive calls, and my data was not working.  As soon as I updated the credentials they started working, so maybe this will be useful for newcomers.