cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: NEW $70 for 15GB Plan

@Jade_S 

Well this is a surprise. I didn't think p.m. would be offering such large data buckets. But the price is just wrong!

Doomsday
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I believe public mobile should focus on how to make cheaper plans.

This is where there business is.

People come to public mobile to pay less 70$ a month is very expensive and may be a bad image to attache to public mobile.

My 2 cents, I use the 25$/month deal

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Pawprints1986 said "I struggle to understand how people use or need that much data? Do they not have home internet at all and that's their only source? Are they commuting while streaming vs downloading over wifi first? Watching undownloaded movies on the bus?"

You can very easily burn through data... The way we have to manage our data in Canada is ridiculous, having to do all that work with data saving, just to have simple internet access on your phone. If you lived in a country with unlimited or cheap data rates, I bet you would have 100Gb of usage right now. 

EVERY single day I wish I had a lot of data, I wish I had 10's of GB's of data. I dont have that because it's too expensive. 

I'll give you some examples. 

Streaming uses so much data usage. Tried watching a moive once when I first got data, I was about 15 minutes into the moive and my 1GB of data was already gone. Downloading moives is an absolute pain and I rather not do that. 

Watching Tiktok and YouTube uses so much data usage as well. 

Even browsing the web uses a lot of data. 

I'm always on my phone, I use my 1GB of data every month but I feel like I used none of it. If I'm out and about, I want my phone to work JUST like it does at home connected to wifi, I don't want to worry about usage. 

Let's put it this way, EVERYONE needs lots of data nowadays. If your saying you don't, your simply trying to save money and monitoring it like a hawk. I do the same thing lol, screw Canada. 

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BearFBI wrote:

Let's put it this way, EVERYONE needs lots of data nowadays. If your saying you don't, your simply trying to save money and monitoring it like a hawk. I do the same thing lol, screw Canada. 

Nah !!  Sounds like you need to leave the data in the bag  and and get out and enjoy what Canada has to offer !!

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Using a lot of data comes down to watching videos. If you have no interest in watching videos on the cellular network, 1-2GB a month is generally enough for most people.

BearFBI

It's the videos that use a lot of data ugh. 

Talking about data, I used 240GB of data this month on my phone just watching Plex! On my WiFi of course. 

I dont watch much either. Probably 25 hours of watchtime that whole month. 

Doomsday
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

So limited data is not really meant for watching videos. If you have 1gb or 10gb. If you watched netflix everyday on data your going to run out either way.

Limited data is meant for, low data app usage. Facebook, reading articles on chrome, doing searchs on google, using google maps, sending emails and small attachements

If you live in a city you can get wifi pretty much everywhere including public places, restaurants, stores and work so you can stream more easly.

Good luck

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI 

That's 10gb/hr. How does HD enhance the user experience on such a small screen?

I use on average 15gb of wifi data on my tablet and 5gb of wifi data on my phone. 60% of usage stemming from chrome.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

I just had a look at Koodos postpaid base plans and it's $70/12gb... so unfortunately it is a good value

BearFBI

@darlicious said "That's 10gb/hr. How does HD enhance the user experience on such a small screen?"

"I use on average 15gb of wifi data on my tablet and 5gb of wifi data on my phone. 60% of usage stemming from chrome""

OH MY GOD. I use 350Gb a month of Wifi usage on my phone. 240GB of it is Plex. My router easily pushes a terabit per month of data. 

HD is a basic, anything below is noticeably bad.

I do stream through plex so that is a bit different. 

Need Help? Let's chat.