cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: NEW $70 for 15GB Plan

@softech wrote:

The only thing innovational lately was ill-fated Provincial Callings.. PM thought they could create a trend out of it.. they withdrew.

Here's an innovative thought for them  ... lead the pack by raising your customer reviews to 3.5.    

Ten minutes ago I got a text from PM with a phone number for  unresolved complaints . WTH

Here's a thought to manage by .... if you do a good job for your customers there will be no unresolved complaints !!    🙄

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@softech wrote:

@srlawren  no, i am not even talking about those hardward contract.. i am just talking about those BYOD plans.. 

@softech there's no contracts for regular rate plan with any Canadian carrier--you can cancel at any time. 

EDIT: fixed typo... there's "no contracts", not "no contacts"

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
softech
Mayor / Maire

.. that's even better.. i guess i got mixed up with the 1 or 2 year special pricing with contract

just reading something today.. Father's day special .. 13GB for $45 for 12 months and $55 after.. even the regular price is decent (of course the special price is better  🙂 )  so, no need to go with 15GB for $70.. 

another one 10GB for $35 the first year and $45 after.. 

Pawprints1986
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I struggle to understand how people use or need that much data? Do they not have home internet at all and that's their only source? Are they commuting while streaming vs downloading over wifi first? Watching undownloaded movies on the bus? 

Also I've seen a few mention voice over lte but I fail to see why that matters? As of now your phone will switch network type to make a call, but  it's not like you have to manually switch it. What would the perk be?

Please do educate me, on both lol

With being home now I struggle to use 2gb data, but I don't want to switch as it's not offered for $30 anymore

softech
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986  yes.. kids these days stream anywhere and everywhere..

For me.. who is cheap , would download everything aheadat home  and only watch my pre-downloaded videos when I am on the road.  

For kids these days.. they don't .. they want to watch something..whenever they are. they will watch.. who cares about the bill.. LoL

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 with respect to VoLTE, the strategy for the last couple of years with Bell and Telus is to deploy new sites with LTE only. In addition, Telus has no 850 MHz 3G coverage in Winnipeg and Brandon. Without VoLTE, you could be in a situation where you have LTE signal, but voice calls fail because you're out of coverage. Example: White River, ON

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/White-River-Ontario-No-voice-service/...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Dropped-calls-in-Newfoundland/td-p/45...

Other benefits would be faster call setup time, ability to use LTE data while on a call, better codecs like EVS (better audio quality), enhanced coverage by using special network features like UL CoMP and TTI bundling. From a network deployment perspective it's also more efficient and more voice traffic can be carried on LTE than 3G. And of course it allows operators to slowly decommission the 3G network.

Bell3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There is no value for money on this offer. Virgin Mobile is offering 17GB and phone discount for this price.

KamWest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

4.5 gb to 10gb moves from $40 to $50 which is $10 extra for 5.5gb

10gb plan at $50 to $15gb plan at $70 is $20 for 5gb

Does not make sense compared to the GB structure of the first plan I mentioned.

PS. I did not include bonus data in both plan calculations so just add that if you have auto pay.

softech
Mayor / Maire

to be fair, from $40 to $50 , that include not just data increase but US calling as well.

However, I won't be surprise that most $50 (and the new $70) users do not really need the US calling .. they likely choose those plans for the increase in data rather than the US calling.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.