cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jib_tech
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: NEW $70 for 15GB Plan

That's a lot of data!  And I'm not talking STNG!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jib_tech wrote:

That's a lot of data!  And I'm not talking STNG!

@jib_tech it is.....   ...but not necessarily a great value for the money.  Please review the previous responses to this thread, as there are a number of things you give up being a Public Mobile customer (examples: call centre for support, VoLTE, VoWiFi, unlimited heavily-throttled overage data, ability to purchase new phones*, ability to finance phone purchase, ability to roam internationally, monthly invoices/receipts for tax/expense purposes, etc etc.).  These trade-offs may be tolerable on lower-cost plans, but start to sting at the $70 level.  Customers would be smart to shop around if considering this plan, to be completely honest.

* yes, you can now purchase a phone from Public Mobile!  Hooray!  But, it will be used/refurbished.  And not recent.  And not great selection.  And no ability to pay for it using a tab/installments.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Meow
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

* yes, you can now purchase a phone from Public Mobile!  Hooray!  But, it will be used/refurbished.  And not recent.  And not great selection.  And no ability to pay for it using a tab/installments.  

It is always toss up buying phone (or whatever) refurbished from reputable company vs. private deal (kijiji, etc.).

Refurb will come with return policy (most likely) and warranty (it is a must). Private deal is based on your luck 😁 unless you know seller.

Problem I see buying refurbished from PM is you cannot see device before purchase.

Need Help? Let's chat.