Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW $70 for 15GB Plan

Jade_S
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

Starting June 17, 2021, we are introducing a new $70 15GB plan!

What does this mean for you? 

For a limited time, existing customers can change their rate plan to the following:

• $70 per 30 days
  • 15GB + 500MB BONUS data at 3G speed (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for AutoPay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and U.S minutes
  • Unlimited International Text

Important things to know: 

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.
  • Previous promotions that have been applied to the account that have been indicated as ‘non-stackable’ will be removed when you switch to this plan. To see if a promotion you currently have applied to your account is ‘non-stackable’ please check the terms of that specific promotion.

How to get this offer: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$70 for 15GB + 500MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile plans, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

142 REPLIES 142

jib_tech
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's a lot of data!  And I'm not talking STNG!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jib_tech wrote:

That's a lot of data!  And I'm not talking STNG!

@jib_tech it is.....   ...but not necessarily a great value for the money.  Please review the previous responses to this thread, as there are a number of things you give up being a Public Mobile customer (examples: call centre for support, VoLTE, VoWiFi, unlimited heavily-throttled overage data, ability to purchase new phones*, ability to finance phone purchase, ability to roam internationally, monthly invoices/receipts for tax/expense purposes, etc etc.).  These trade-offs may be tolerable on lower-cost plans, but start to sting at the $70 level.  Customers would be smart to shop around if considering this plan, to be completely honest.

* yes, you can now purchase a phone from Public Mobile!  Hooray!  But, it will be used/refurbished.  And not recent.  And not great selection.  And no ability to pay for it using a tab/installments.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Meow
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

* yes, you can now purchase a phone from Public Mobile!  Hooray!  But, it will be used/refurbished.  And not recent.  And not great selection.  And no ability to pay for it using a tab/installments.  

It is always toss up buying phone (or whatever) refurbished from reputable company vs. private deal (kijiji, etc.).

Refurb will come with return policy (most likely) and warranty (it is a must). Private deal is based on your luck 😁 unless you know seller.

Problem I see buying refurbished from PM is you cannot see device before purchase.

Need Help? Let's chat.