Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW $70 for 15GB Plan

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

Starting June 17, 2021, we are introducing a new $70 15GB plan!

What does this mean for you? 

For a limited time, existing customers can change their rate plan to the following:

• $70 per 30 days
  • 15GB + 500MB BONUS data at 3G speed (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for AutoPay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and U.S minutes
  • Unlimited International Text

Important things to know: 

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.
  • Previous promotions that have been applied to the account that have been indicated as ‘non-stackable’ will be removed when you switch to this plan. To see if a promotion you currently have applied to your account is ‘non-stackable’ please check the terms of that specific promotion.

How to get this offer: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$70 for 15GB + 500MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile plans, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

142 REPLIES 142

coachleo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Someone at Public Mobile / Telus needs to be reminded that they only offer 3G data, (with no customer service call center).  All plans rates should be at least cut in half or start offering 4G/ LTE or even 5G.  As mentioned in previous comments, why would anyone sign up for this $70 plan at 3G when other companies are offering similar or better options with 4G??

Would be nice if $99 unlimited talk and text prepaid for the year plans were offered and/or $300 with 8GB per month or something.

How about some data only plans?

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

Definitely not a competitive plan comparing to other providers. Higher price, less and slower data. I don't think it will fly...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

honest, don't think the plan is competitive at all.  If I am paying that much, I think shop around  and there are better deals out there.  

It's true those other plans might lock you in a  contract , but they offer 4G + VoLTE.   

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@benfatto wrote:

Plus 30 gb for $80 on the big 3 is much better deal if you really need big data; and it's unthrottled LTE.

@benfatto yes, plus has unlimited (heavily-throttled) data if you manage to use up all the full-speed data.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Looks pretty useless to me; just renew your $50 plan early if needed and you're not committed every month. 
Plus 30 gb for $80 on the big 3 is much better deal if you really need big data; and it's unthrottled LTE.

Not a very promising foray into big data plans for PM customers. 😩

As others have said disappointing.  It is like the PM marketing team are in a locked room and has no access to what others are offering.  Marketing types are supposed to be free-thinking and innovative, let them do that and see what they can come up with.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

bilibili
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

delete

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. I didn't get the red box.

@srlawren : In the lounge...took me a while...oh.. I see. 🙂 Funny with the 4 different brandings on the image. Two of them are related anyway.

@computergeek541 : I of course have zero interest in this plan. But some folks are the type to pick up the maximum anything.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

I would not be surprised if Public Mobile goes weeks with only a very small handful of activations on this plan.

You mean like baby hands? Or three-fingered sloth hands? 🙂

It wouldn't make a difference. Do you think that there will be much demand for this? Who activates with Public Mobile to pay $70 per 30 days?

Moved:

srlawren

Moving my own post to the lounge, as it's clearly off-topic 🙂

srlawren

@popping wrote:

@J_PM 

To compensate for the 3Mbps data speed, let add US roaming to this plan as travel restrictions will be removed soon without staying at hotel for 14 days when people return to Canada.  Then, PM will be leading in the tier 3 race again.

@popping yes I was thinking the same thing.  Make it a new version of the old $60 plan but with quite a bit more domestic data. That would be an appealing plan.  As-is, not so much.

@SD08 wrote:

An underwhelming plan compared to what others are offering, especially since PM's data is capped at 3G speed.. PM hasn't been a leader for a long time and it seems they won't be as long as they get their marching orders from Telus.

@SD08 definitely disappointing.  On the other hand, people have been clamoring for a larger data bucket plan from PM for as long as I can remember, so this is at least a step in the right direction.  I'm guessing like most responders so far that there won't be much uptake on this plan, but I guess time will tell!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

I would not be surprised if Public Mobile goes weeks with only a very small handful of activations on this plan.

You mean like baby hands? Or three-fingered sloth hands? 🙂

popping

@J_PM 

To compensate for the 3Mbps data speed, let add US roaming to this plan as travel restrictions will be removed soon without staying at hotel for 14 days when people return to Canada.  Then, PM will be leading in the tier 3 race again.

Couple of years ago, PM had a $60 plan with US roaming.  It was a popular plan.

Have a better and better days|

Stay positive, test negative and have a great summer.

Terrible

This plan offers less data, slower data, and a higher price than competitors, and is worse than even Koodo's offers. I would not be surprised if Public Mobile goes weeks with only a very small handful of activations on this plan.

SD08

An underwhelming plan compared to what others are offering, especially since PM's data is capped at 3G speed.. PM hasn't been a leader for a long time and it seems they won't be as long as they get their marching orders from Telus.

mimmo

@Triguy  doesn't Koodo also have a 15gb plan for 60$ at the moment which would make lot more sense as a comparison plan vs plan, not including the 2gb bonus code which could dissapear at any time.

I could see this plan for someone locked into pm because of rewards, but if I needed this much data I would be shopping around.

smp99

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Am I missing something?. Where did you get a 2 gb bonus from?

I see 500 plus 500 in the OP. 

F52A8801-5033-4278-8E41-75BE310C5499.jpeg

Promo code - see here

Public Mobile

@LurganIeUk  It would 18GB if you setup autopay.  2GB promo offer.

• 15GB + 500MB BONUS data at 3G speed (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for AutoPay (per 30 days)

Am I missing something?. Where did you get a 2 gb bonus from?

I see 500 plus 500 in the OP. 

F52A8801-5033-4278-8E41-75BE310C5499.jpeg

smp99

I think this will flop

15GB for $70 is in line with most others including the main big 3, most of which offer some deals on new phones. And they are not limited to 3g speeds - yes I know it really makes no difference, but it's all about optics here. With this plan you do get US calling while in Cda, so not US roaming, but that is minor at best. 

If you need lots of data, you are likely going to go to a plan with a good data allotment and then unlimited throttled afterwards.

Also doesn't really make sense

$40 plan gets you 5GB
$50 plan gets you 10.5GB or 5.5GB for $10 extra.

For another 5GB (this new plan) you have pay $20 extra, quite the jump per GB

Does the 2GB bonus apply for new account?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire
  • Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.

Does inactive mean if account is suspended?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Good option for people who need more data.

Need Help? Let's chat.