cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving out of BETA

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

We want to thank all of you for your thoughts and opinions on our post about moving out of BETA. It was great to read how passionate you are about Public Mobile and how this move could potentially impact us and future customers. And it’s because of your passion that we spent quite a bit of time yesterday reviewing the pros and cons based on your feedback.

We know we’re not perfect but what you might not know is only a small percentage of our customers experience issues.  In comparison to our peers, we are doing very well.  But we know we still have opportunities and we are continuing to heavily invest in our systems going forward.  We’re also very fortunate to have an awesome Community, along with our Community Moderators, to quickly resolve any issues or questions our customer may have.  

Our biggest concern about continuing to position ourselves as being in BETA is growth.  While some people appreciate and like the concept of BETA, there are others who associate the term BETA with “trial” and “barely working”.  It’s this interpretation that could severely hinder our opportunity to grow which is critical to our success.  No company is ever issue-free and our commitment is to continue to listen to our customers and make improvements to our service.  So this is why we think moving out of BETA is the right decision.

As per your feedback, we want to ensure that we don’t lose sight of an important part of BETA which is gathering feedback. For that reason, the BETA banner at the top of the home page will change to “We want your feedback” and will link to the Public Lab.  Getting feedback and suggestions from our customers is very important to us.  We also have plans to relaunch the Public Lab with the diligence it deserves in a few weeks so stay tuned!  

We’re happy so many of you joined and stayed with us while in BETA. 

Thanks again for your valuable input and support; we couldn’t have come this far without you.

19 REPLIES 19

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Jeremy_M wrote:

We want to thank all of you for your thoughts and opinions on our post about moving out of BETA. It was great to read how passionate you are about Public Mobile and how this move could potentially impact us and future customers. And it’s because of your passion that we spent quite a bit of time yesterday reviewing the pros and cons based on your feedback.

We know we’re not perfect but what you might not know is only a small percentage of our customers experience issues.  In comparison to our peers, we are doing very well.  But we know we still have opportunities and we are continuing to heavily invest in our systems going forward.  We’re also very fortunate to have an awesome Community, along with our Community Moderators, to quickly resolve any issues or questions our customer may have.  

Our biggest concern about continuing to position ourselves as being in BETA is growth.  While some people appreciate and like the concept of BETA, there are others who associate the term BETA with “trial” and “barely working”.  It’s this interpretation that could severely hinder our opportunity to grow which is critical to our success.  No company is ever issue-free and our commitment is to continue to listen to our customers and make improvements to our service.  So this is why we think moving out of BETA is the right decision.

As per your feedback, we want to ensure that we don’t lose sight of an important part of BETA which is gathering feedback. For that reason, the BETA banner at the top of the home page will change to “We want your feedback” and will link to the Public Lab.  Getting feedback and suggestions from our customers is very important to us.  We also have plans to relaunch the Public Lab with the diligence it deserves in a few weeks so stay tuned!  

@Jeremy_M I was one of the posters voting against dropping the BETA tags until system bugs resolved

You guys have experience substantial growth I am sure this quarter but I feel like all I read these days are problems going unresolved for days (my personal issue with no service is expected to be resolved in next 48 hours, so even as an existing client I lost service nearly 5 days assuming issue is indeed fixed)

I really would like to see some of the major changes implement; from improved ticketing systems to better communications and etas in resolving problems

There are too many posts these days claiming noone has addressed a clients concern yet

Quite frankly the main reason Wind failed was customer service

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Nice finally.

@makkahn28 wrote:

I edited the images a bit. I shrunk them down a bit

Perfect Smiley Very Happy

I edited the images a bit. I shrunk them down a bit

@makkahn28 i don't see anything. 

Is this what you meant?

ok

@makkahn28 wrote:

I don't know how to alter size exactly

When you are uploading a picture, you can change its size as shown in this ss

abc.PNG

I don't know how to alter size exactly

@makkahn28 seems very annoying to me 😞

May be change the size?

Here, it's time for Tim's

Perfect-Coffee-Cup-Sean.png

Need a Cup?

Actually, I am doing greeaaat thanks

Timmies Textures abstract Ver.2.2.png

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @makkahn28,

I'm doing well, thanks for asking!

I'm actually trying to fit the last pieces of "Beta" into the moving vanSmiley Tongue

How are you doing? How are your study's going?

Cheers,

Jeremy

Hi @Jeremy_M, how are ya?

So, PM moving out of Beta.

How many moving vans did it take to move PM from Beta to Alpha, lol?

Must have been too small for PM in the House of Beta

How big is the House of Alpha?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Jeremy_M!

Its great to see that you value and respect the opinions and concerns of the community members. Thank you for keeping us informed and giving a detailed explanation to back the decision.

The new updated Feedback banner leads to the Public Lab page as intended.  I look forward to a much needed relaunch of this section.  

I remain positive that PM will overcome the challenges and my best wishes for a very succesful path ahead.  

Vakshwell
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Jeremy_M Asking the community for input on whether or not Public Mobile should move out of BETA was a very respectable decision. To involve those of us who use the service on a day to day basis. It's something I would not expect from my phone company; wanting my feedback. So for that I thank you! 😃

I see how the interpretation of BETA could be construed as you say, "barely working" and "trial". And I would say for this instance I agree that it could limit the opportunity for growth. I was firmly for keeping the BETA tag, and still am. But for the opportunity that Public Mobile has to grow now that the BETA will officially be over I'm sure the minor quirks that had me thinking the company should stay in BETA will be resolved quickly. 😀 

If this is the best step forward, then take the step! The Public Mobile staff is more than capable for this growing service! And I personally cannot wait to see what comes next! 😄

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jeremy_M I think the feedback link is a fair compromise.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Jeremy_M,

I compliment you on your well-reasoned logic in explaining why the time has come to remove the Beta banner.

As you know, I was and am amongst those who believe that the banner should stay. That said, I recognize that I am not privy to the internal workings of Public Mobile, and that my keep-the-banner position may not be in the best interests of current and future customers. As a result, I'm willing to embrace your decision by giving it a fair shake.

I wish you the best of success and, by extension, all customers, present and future.

Cheers.

crazyfrog
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jeremy_M Thanks for seeking our feedback along the way of this process. While each one of us have our own perceptions about taking off BETA tag what is more important to focus is to provide consistent reliable service and support there after.

I agree with your statement that no service out there is perfect and I support the decision and path PM wants to take and be a part of it.

Congratulations to PM on this milestone and All the best in the days to come.

Need Help? Let's chat.