Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving forward together

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Public Mobile community,

I want to thank all of you for your interest in Public Mobile’s fall promotion, which expired last night at midnight. The interest we have seen has been overwhelming and we are so happy to welcome all of you to our brand!

We realize many of you are still experiencing issues and I want to assure you that our team is continuing our focus on resolving customer issues faced during the promotional period.  This is our number one priority.

To accelerate resolving our backlog of issues we have our core support team working overtime, and we have asked for extra help throughout the organization. In addition we have our systems folks doing deep dives into the issues we’ve seen to find solutions ASAP.

I thank you for the patience you continue to show, and I look forward to continuing our conversation on the community as we move forward together.

Sincerely,

Dave.

218 REPLIES 218

@WearySky the service requests were definately being solved alot quicker than the port issues

Filing a CCTS complaint means nothing (on their own website, they only accept a very small number, like 10% of complaints actually have an issue)

The main reason a CCTS complaint *could* result in faster resolution has nothing to do with "scaring mods". The real reason a valid CCTS complaint gets solved quicker is because it gets handled by Koodo not Public.

Public does not have an executive office

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

I think the method works all the time.  What you are referring to is the lead time to the PM being read and acted upon.  This depends on how busy the moderators are in addressing the large number of issues.  I am not saying all my PMs were looked into the same day, some took a long time.  At the same time, I didn't think yelling was going to really go to make a huge difference.  I just sat back and waited patiently.

The mods actually missed a bunch of people during the promo period and the two-three weeks after (primarily because people were sending messages every single day, as opposed to waiting to be responded to, so it was a nightmare for them to figure out who had been dealt with and who hadn't). 

And while I don't agree with using it as a tactic to get bumped up in the queue, screaming and yelling actually DID work for getting faster service for a bunch of people. (in particular, people who mentioned filing CCTS complaints, if memory serves)

@WearySky wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@pn wrote:

DISGUSTING.  NO SERVICE / ZERO LINE AFTER I PAID $120 + FOR A THREE MONTH PLAN ITS GOING ON 2 WEEKS AND I HAVE NOTHING.  THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN A DISASTER GIVEN OUR FAMILY HAS NOT HAD CONTACT DURING EMERGENCY SITUATIONS.  

NO SERVICE SHOULD GET IMMEDIATE PRIORITY.  PUKS SHOULD BE SELF-SERVE WITHOUT YOUR CONTROL FREAK SETUP REFUSING TO INCORPORATE THAT INTO SELF-SERVE OPTIONS.

I GET NO FRILLS, I DO NOT GET NO SERVICE!!!!!!

THIS IS ROBBERY AT THIS POINT.  WE ARE WAY, WAY PAST 12  DAYS, AND YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN ALERTED TO THIS PROBLEM BEFORE, AND A SIMPLE SOLUTION PRIOR TO MY PROBLEM - PUT PUKS ON THE SELF-SERVE ACCOUNTS INFO.  THAT WAY, PEOPLE HAVE THE NUMBER THEY NEED, AND DO NOT NEED TO DO THIS RIDICULOUS SONG AND DANCE ON THE INTERNET.    THIS WOULD HAVE ALLEVIATED MANY PROBLEMS (GIVEN THE AMOUNT OF THIS EXACT SAME PROBLEM ON THIS FORUM). 

JUST WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?   HIRE SOMEONE TO ANSWER ALL PUK INQUIRIES IMMMEIDATELY, BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE ME INCLUDED HAVE NO SERVICE AT ALL!!!!!!!! AND WE'VE PAID ... YOU'VE RECEIVED OUR MONIES ALREADY!!!!!!   THEN AFTER THAT, USE MY PAYMENT TO HIRE SOMEONE TO UPDATE THE PUK FIELD IN YOUR ACCOUNTS DATABASE SO THAT THIS DISASTER DOESN'T OCCUR AGAIN.

I AM PURELY AND THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED. 

IT WOULD BE NICE IF A MODERATOR SENT ME MY PUK IMMEDIATELY!   SIMPLE, SIMPLE, SIMPLE....TAKES LESS THAN 30 SECONDS. 

PURELY AND THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED.

Apart from venting anger, yelling in the public forum doesn't really further your cause.  I would suggest that instead of spending the time to write a wall of words in a public thread, write a PM to a moderator with your account information, the nature of your problem and it will get looked into at the earliest.  This method has worked for me every time.  I encourage you to try it.

That method works every time when there isn't a 2 week+ backlog on service requests, like there was right after the November promo.  Which is likely what caused pn to lose their cool.

I think the method works all the time.  What you are referring to is the lead time to the PM being read and acted upon.  This depends on how busy the moderators are in addressing the large number of issues.  I am not saying all my PMs were looked into the same day, some took a long time.  At the same time, I didn't think yelling was going to really go to make a huge difference.  I just sat back and waited patiently.

WearySky

@will13am wrote:

@pn wrote:

DISGUSTING.  NO SERVICE / ZERO LINE AFTER I PAID $120 + FOR A THREE MONTH PLAN ITS GOING ON 2 WEEKS AND I HAVE NOTHING.  THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN A DISASTER GIVEN OUR FAMILY HAS NOT HAD CONTACT DURING EMERGENCY SITUATIONS.  

NO SERVICE SHOULD GET IMMEDIATE PRIORITY.  PUKS SHOULD BE SELF-SERVE WITHOUT YOUR CONTROL FREAK SETUP REFUSING TO INCORPORATE THAT INTO SELF-SERVE OPTIONS.

THIS IS ROBBERY AT THIS POINT.  WE ARE WAY, WAY PAST 12  DAYS, AND YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN ALERTED TO THIS PROBLEM BEFORE, AND A SIMPLE SOLUTION PRIOR TO MY PROBLEM - PUT PUKS ON THE SELF-SERVE ACCOUNTS INFO.  THAT WAY, PEOPLE HAVE THE NUMBER THEY NEED, AND DO NOT NEED TO DO THIS RIDICULOUS SONG AND DANCE ON THE INTERNET.    THIS WOULD HAVE ALLEVIATED MANY PROBLEMS (GIVEN THE AMOUNT OF THIS EXACT SAME PROBLEM ON THIS FORUM). 

JUST WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?   HIRE SOMEONE TO ANSWER ALL PUK INQUIRIES IMMMEIDATELY, BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE ME INCLUDED HAVE NO SERVICE AT ALL!!!!!!!! AND WE'VE PAID ... YOU'VE RECEIVED OUR MONIES ALREADY!!!!!!   THEN AFTER THAT, USE MY PAYMENT TO HIRE SOMEONE TO UPDATE THE PUK FIELD IN YOUR ACCOUNTS DATABASE SO THAT THIS DISASTER DOESN'T OCCUR AGAIN.

IT WOULD BE NICE IF A MODERATOR SENT ME MY PUK IMMEDIATELY!   SIMPLE, SIMPLE, SIMPLE....TAKES LESS THAN 30 SECONDS. 

Apart from venting anger, yelling in the public forum doesn't really further your cause.  I would suggest that instead of spending the time to write a wall of words in a public thread, write a PM to a moderator with your account information, the nature of your problem and it will get looked into at the earliest.  This method has worked for me every time.  I encourage you to try it.

That method works every time when there isn't a 2 week+ backlog on service requests, like there was right after the November promo.  Which is likely what caused pn to lose their cool.

@pn wrote:

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@JohnLoewen, if you mean by "the process started before the end the promo", that you had ordered a SIM but it did not arrive in time. They have been helping out those clients to get the fall promo. You will need to pm a moderator.

WearySky

@JohnLoewen if you bought a sim card before the end of the promo, you should still be able to get it.  If not, you won't.  

hopetindall

@JohnLoewen wrote:

...The process started before the end of the promo but I missed the date.

Hi @JohnLoewen

Not sure what you mean "the process started".

Sorry to head you are having trouble.

I thought that PM was honouring the promo for individuals that tried to activate/port and had system/porting problems or individuals that ordered a SIM that never arrived.  

When you say "the process started" - it sounds a little vague. What happened to you?

When did you signup? What is the status of your activation/port?

If you couldn't signup for the 12GB plan; did you signup for the 6GB plan as early as possible instead (to support your position that you meant to signup and were unable).

Or are you caught in porting/activation 'limbo' since before the promo expired.

PHT

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
They're still offering the promo to people who had trouble signing up during that period. What do you mean the process started @JohnLoewen?

JohnLoewen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Public Mobile

I do hope you find a way to offer a plan to those of us that believe we have acted responsibily as customers. My experience was I was with Freedom Mobile and they had told me beforehand that the 6P would work on their LTE in the future. I could have left before but did not as I knew LTE was coming. Sadly the 6P did not work on the network at LTE speeds. I talked with Freedom but decided to go to you. I had started looking at your promo. The process started before the end of the promo but I missed the date.

I think you should find a way to offer a plan to what is likely not a lot of customers. 

Have a great Holiday.

Rockdaddy22
I highly doubt it'll grow when it looks like it's already shrinking

@Kattz wrote:
I know exactly how upsetting it is to get responses like be patient, create a thread and how we shouldn't be picking on Public Mobile because they are trying oh so hard to get this straightened out. I completely agree with you. This is BS. At this point, I'm sure that most of these responses are being made by paid shills.

My account renewed on Nov. 18. I just got mine straightened out a couple of days ago.

I am sure that it is no comfort but they are getting through this. Send another PM just in case.

This situation is ridiculous. At this point, you may want to contact the CRTC. If they start getting complaints maybe Public Mobile will be forced to do something about this mess and watched so that they don't pull this off again.

It is rather quite the poke in the eye to tell people to be patient when patience ran out long ago.  Somehow, they need to provide personal feedback for each open case a good estimate of when it will be looked at.  The last couple of days of the promotion probably saw way more business than any of the earlier days.  So, they are not going to be able to work down the problems reported on the last two days of the promotion in a few days.  The lead time will grow from the reported 12 day delay.  That is just going to cause more angst as people try to use simple arithmetic to assess where they stand in the queue.   

Kattz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I know exactly how upsetting it is to get responses like be patient, create a thread and how we shouldn't be picking on Public Mobile because they are trying oh so hard to get this straightened out. I completely agree with you. This is BS. At this point, I'm sure that most of these responses are being made by paid shills.

My account renewed on Nov. 18. I just got mine straightened out a couple of days ago.

I am sure that it is no comfort but they are getting through this. Send another PM just in case.

This situation is ridiculous. At this point, you may want to contact the CRTC. If they start getting complaints maybe Public Mobile will be forced to do something about this mess and watched so that they don't pull this off again.

UDP7

@pn Relax. Have you even made a thread about it?

Rockdaddy22
Have you started a thread about this?

pn

Rockdaddy22
I'm so happy about that,?thanks for the update 🙂

hopetindall
Wow @Rockdaddy22

They are making progress!

Everything worked perfectly.

Autorenew worked, it took a credit-card payment, and the plan changed properly from 6GB plan to the new 12GB plan.

The only anomaly I can see is that it gave $2 a month reward for friend referral instead of $1 a month.

While this is nice; I'll let PM know so they can look at it when things calm down).

PHT

Rockdaddy22
I definitely agree, we need an update.

@hopetindall I wouldn't expect you daughters plan to change.

hopetindall

Hi  @Dave_M

please can you post an update on PM's status and backlog?

While I've been very lucky and haven't had any issues. Based on reading others experiences - I'm bracing for (1) my daughter's plan change on her line and auto-renewal not working on Friday, (2) US Roaming not working for me when I go to the US in a couple of weeks.

I think now that a week has passed since you thoughtful and helpful post; perhaps you could give the community an update on how things are going.

best regards and thank you.

PHT 

@srlawren wrote:
Hey @kav2001c, out of curiosity, what's your source for the above info, about subscriber counts vs. Mobilicity and Freedom, and about them hiring?  

@srlawren I used to work for another carrier for a long time so still have plenty of contacts. Most people in industry tend to stay in industry just change brands. I left cause ... well ... for money Cat Wink

@will13am wrote:
It would really interesting to see what the subscriber count is at the moment.  I bet it is pretty healthy.  If account numbers are sequential, this promo likely added more than 50,000 new accounts.  That is not bad considering much of the advertising is word of mouth. 

While the sign up process sullied what could have been a perfect experience, the fact remains that this cellular service is top notch and of great value compared other competitors.  We will all get over this fairly quickly and enjoy a trouble free service thereafter.  I look forward to the next promotion, so that I can recommend more friends and family to join.  I have no issues with looking past the rough edges around activation process.

BTW, those out there who are still having problems, I sense the moderators have have gained an upper hand on the work down curve.  My PMs are being responded to fast.  Today, I had my issue looked into and I helped two friends deal with porting issues.

@will13am yup it appears as though Public added ALOT more clients than they have in quite some time. It is unfortunate process did not go as well but hopefully live & learn for next time.

They made a big enough wave that both Fido (Rogers) & Virgin (Bell) needed to step up. That is something Wind has never done. Ever.

I also agree that mods are seemingly back in drivers seat now & issues seem more under control

srlawren

@KK I definitely agree with what you're saying, and have voiced that opionion regarding prerequisites for future promos to PM staff as well.  I do hope they take it seriously.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@kav2001c wrote:

They certainly have made far more money than Rogers (Mobilicity) or Shaw (Wind/Freedom) takeovers despite having lower subscriber counts and less spectrum.

Yet they have been so successful they are actually expanding at this point adding lots of subscribers, capital, AND allocating more resources to hire more people.

Hey @kav2001c, out of curiosity, what's your source for the above info, about subscriber counts vs. Mobilicity and Freedom, and about them hiring?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@kav2001c wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I appreciate that the purse strings may be tight at public mobile consistent with the discount branding.  There's minimum resources required to set to shop.  Establishing a functional portal is a bare minimum item.  If Telus thinks that is too much, then they are setting public mobile up for failure.  

@will13am I will chip in here by stating that Public Mobile was never actually expected to survive.

Shocking isn't it. But true.

A couple years ago Public was running a low cost CDMA network in the Toronto - Montreal corridor.

After losing money for years Telus came in and bought them for the sole purpose of short term boosting subscriber numbers as most thought the G Band to be worthless.

Outraged clients made huge noise, and Telus agreed to not only keep the $19 plans active, but even to subsidize phones for those clients since most complained they could not afford a phone. (Many including myself think that was very beneficial to having the purchase approved).

But a funny thing happened on the way to the slaughterhouse. Telus' low cost no frills approach actually appears to have been very successful. They certainly have made far more money than Rogers (Mobilicity) or Shaw (Wind/Freedom) takeovers despite having lower subscriber counts and less spectrum. At one point most of us long timers figured we would get rolled into Koodo.

Yet they have been so successful they are actually expanding at this point adding lots of subscribers, capital, AND allocating more resources to hire more people.

Assuming this huge influx of new clients sticks around (because yes let's be honest that systems were severely strained) I actually expect further expansion and more promos is a viable option.

It would really interesting to see what the subscriber count is at the moment.  I bet it is pretty healthy.  If account numbers are sequential, this promo likely added more than 50,000 new accounts.  That is not bad considering much of the advertising is word of mouth. 

While the sign up process sullied what could have been a perfect experience, the fact remains that this cellular service is top notch and of great value compared other competitors.  We will all get over this fairly quickly and enjoy a trouble free service thereafter.  I look forward to the next promotion, so that I can recommend more friends and family to join.  I have no issues with looking past the rough edges around activation process.

BTW, those out there who are still having problems, I sense the moderators have have gained an upper hand on the work down curve.  My PMs are being responded to fast.  Today, I had my issue looked into and I helped two friends deal with porting issues.

KK
I don't really have an issue with the PM service model PROVIDING they fix the software. If the software wasn't so buggy, the present model is more than capable of providing reasonably prompt and satisfactory service.

Before PM launches another major promo, they ABSOLUTELY need to fix their logic algorithm for future dated plan changes and autopay. (Of course, they need to work on all the glitches. Ideally, there should be less and less need for moderators in the future as they identify and address common problems through software and educational means.) At minimum, this would allow them to quickly focus on new clients during a promo without alienating existing clients.

The fall promo was a golden opportunity to build brand recognition but turned into a brouhaha that may not serve PM well. It has sulllied thier corporate reputation. The fact remains that they have an excellent cellular service product. They need to work on making their web services reliable. Once they do this, they will be golden.

The future plan change and autopay functions should be a fairly discrete section of the existing programming. As such, this should not be a major programming challenge to address once they figure out the gaps in their logic algorithm. (I do have some experience in this area.)

There really is NO ACCEPTABLE EXCUSE not to address these known issues before they roll out another promo.

If you agree that PM should make this a corporate priority before rolling out another promo, please press BRAVO.

@will13am wrote:

I appreciate that the purse strings may be tight at public mobile consistent with the discount branding.  There's minimum resources required to set to shop.  Establishing a functional portal is a bare minimum item.  If Telus thinks that is too much, then they are setting public mobile up for failure.  

@will13am I will chip in here by stating that Public Mobile was never actually expected to survive.

Shocking isn't it. But true.

A couple years ago Public was running a low cost CDMA network in the Toronto - Montreal corridor.

After losing money for years Telus came in and bought them for the sole purpose of short term boosting subscriber numbers as most thought the G Band to be worthless.

Outraged clients made huge noise, and Telus agreed to not only keep the $19 plans active, but even to subsidize phones for those clients since most complained they could not afford a phone. (Many including myself think that was very beneficial to having the purchase approved).

But a funny thing happened on the way to the slaughterhouse. Telus' low cost no frills approach actually appears to have been very successful. They certainly have made far more money than Rogers (Mobilicity) or Shaw (Wind/Freedom) takeovers despite having lower subscriber counts and less spectrum. At one point most of us long timers figured we would get rolled into Koodo.

Assuming this huge influx of new clients sticks around (because yes let's be honest that systems were severely strained) I actually expect further expansion and more promos is a viable option.

@daredogg wrote:

@will13am I agree that issues aside, the service is great, and I also agree that eliminating the glitches will prevent the need to sound off. Those who lost service and had to wait, I feel for them, and they're welcome to share their frustrations.

As for raising capital, no I'm not joking. Being an entity under the corporate umbrella of Telus, PM would need to sustain themselves. Just because Telus owns PM, doesn't mean they're like Daddy Warbucks giving money when it's needed. I also am not talking about plugging in a new e-commerce portal, I'm talking about a complete overhaul of the self-serve / backend system. Ask any programmer and they'd tell you it could be an expensive undertaking. But, here I am speculating... Robot surprised

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
You have no idea what I know. I'll tell you what I know for sure, they're not handling this situation very well.

Are you an insider or just a customer at large?  I can appreciate the issues that an overwhelming stack of problems can cause.  You can easily suffer from throughout effect where you don't know which problem to go after first.  As a result, there's wheel spin that normally doesn't happen.  This just compounds the situation.  Eventually, there should be light at the end of the tunnel.  Hopefully this happens soon as December is a window of opportunity for yet another promotion.  

MarinaChulak

I signed up for your promotion on nov 20th. My account shows suspended even though it was fully paid up. You stranded me in Florida without the cell service

Need Help? Let's chat.