Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving forward together

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Public Mobile community,

I want to thank all of you for your interest in Public Mobile’s fall promotion, which expired last night at midnight. The interest we have seen has been overwhelming and we are so happy to welcome all of you to our brand!

We realize many of you are still experiencing issues and I want to assure you that our team is continuing our focus on resolving customer issues faced during the promotional period.  This is our number one priority.

To accelerate resolving our backlog of issues we have our core support team working overtime, and we have asked for extra help throughout the organization. In addition we have our systems folks doing deep dives into the issues we’ve seen to find solutions ASAP.

I thank you for the patience you continue to show, and I look forward to continuing our conversation on the community as we move forward together.

Sincerely,

Dave.

218 REPLIES 218

bluerage
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As I understand it PM has allowed those of us that ordered sims between Oct 25 to Nov 16th to take advantage of the recent promo by contacting a mod after signing up.  My question is how long can we wait before activating/porting over.  As there seems to be higher than normal delays in responding to messages I'd like to wait as long as possible to avoid a delayed response.

aw

Haven't had a response yet, and it has been six days since my failed port.

Also, my replies keep getting deleted.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kh_ they announced that all sims ordered on or before Nov 16th will get the promo honoured.  People ordering sims today will obviously not qualify.

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@marta

See the response by Mary_M from another thread where we were discussing the order in which requests were serviced.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Is-there-any-order-in-how-messages-are-res...

clintonkr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's great there's so much interest, really. However, for many, myself included, our cell phones are our only phones and for Public Mobile to be a serious contender, the reliability needs to improve and issue resolution has to expedite. Furthermore, the same issues time and time again is exhausting. 

Kh_

@Doiron430 wrote:

I have been trying to order a SIM card since Friday, before the promotion ended, however was unable to until today. I understand that the promotion ended Sunday at midnight, however, it really ended on Friday, or possibly Thursday for those who only found out about it then. I am hoping that Public Mobile will honour the promotion for when my SIM card arrives, as it was impossible to purchase it 60 hours before the promotion even ended. A response would be appreciated.

If you look around in the discussion or announcement sections, there's several threads that indicate PM temporarily stop selling sim cards starting Nov.16th and will resume after Nov. 20th. That is because they won't be able to ship you a sim card and have it arrive in your mail before the promotion ends. So I guess it's highly unlikely to honor any sim card that's sold after Nov.16th? Altho I ordered mine on Nov.7th and still haven't received it as of today......

@Civic_E  That only means one mod is logged in?

Im sure they can be working on issues in the background without needing to be logged into the forums at all times.

Civic_E

As of November 21st 3:45PM EST I only see one MOD who is onlineUntitled.png

Doiron430

I have been trying to order a SIM card since Friday, before the promotion ended, however was unable to until today. I understand that the promotion ended Sunday at midnight, however, it really ended on Friday, or possibly Thursday for those who only found out about it then. I am hoping that Public Mobile will honour the promotion for when my SIM card arrives, as it was impossible to purchase it 60 hours before the promotion even ended. A response would be appreciated.

Watoko

Just looking out for my fellow community members 😉

imcphers

@ToniCipriani

They need to find solutions to the bugs in their self serve interface.  These are a few I can think of off the top of my head.  If these problems weren't so common the backlog would be much lower.  I'm hoping they find solutions to these issues before they offer another attractive promo.

Failed activation issue which leads to account lockout.

Failed plan updates on future changes.

Failed port due to order in which data in input (when to tick I am authroized)

Better Error messages that don't indicate what is wrong with data input (11 Character limit on name in port)

Can't select local calling area - Needing to close browser to try again with incognito window.

Find a way to feedback to user why port failed (wrong info entered) and allow them to enter it again without needing moderator to fix.

Ability to refresh port request for stuck ports after certain timeout window.

This kind of goes along with a public lab idea that I submitted to publish all the known issues and work arounds along with confirmation of when the issue has been fixed.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Known-Issues-Repository/idi-p/81627

saje_ward

@Watoko Don't worry, I haven't 🙂

Watoko

@saje_ward

It is not a good idea to post all your private information (eg. phone #, sim card #) on a public forum.

bar0460

Well I for one would hope that when this is all said and done, the mods receive a well deserved bonus! 

WearySky

@saje_ward they *will* get to you, eventually.  There's currently a pretty large backlog (3-4 business days as of last week some time, might be longer now with the huge influx of new customers over the weekend)

saje_ward

@WearySky all I can do is hope. It's been a couple of days and all they've gotten right is charging my credit card. Twice.

WearySky

@saje_ward - see the message right above yours 🙂

saje_ward

@WearySky I have. They have not read any of my messages.

Hey @ToniCipriani

We use a backend system where we can treat all incoming private messages, unfortunately, the status of your message will not be shown as "read" in the Community inbox, even though we're working on having your issue resolved.

Thanks,

Jeremy

WearySky

@saje_ward - @Jeremy_M isn't one of the mods that offers support - you'd want to message one of the 4 mods mentioned in the "All you need to know about our community moderators" post.  That would be @Shazia_K@Mary_M@Saray_O and @Caroline_D.

And @kevdanga - they've announced that people who ordered sims before the cutoff will indeed be able to take advantage of the promo.  I imagine you'll have to send a message to the mods and they'll help you sort out your order of your sim card.  But folks currently without service will likely take priority over your problem, so it may take a bit to get it sorted out.

kevdanga
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Dave_M, what will PM be doing for those who ordered a sim with lots of time before the promotion, I ordered on November 7th, and never received one and thus couldn't sign up for the promotional rate? Are you able to resend the sim and allow me to signup for the promotional plan? I can send order # if needed. 

@ToniCipriani  Believe this was addressed by Dave.  They've hired additional help and they're tech deep is delving into the cause of hte issues, which one could infer would allow them to be prepared for the next promo.

Luv what PM is doing. We all love PM, and our eternal thanks

Thanks @Dave_M, @Jeremy_M, @Shazia_K, @Mary_M, @Val_T, @Saray_O

@David_J, @Brooke_C

Special thanks to @Lachlan_M, @Mansi_G, @Moid_I, @Mat_F, @Caroline_B

Special thanks to The Founder of PM, Alek Krstaic, w/o we wouldn't have an awesome carrier today

McLaren

And lets all move forward together by not sending multiping messages to them and cauing more of a backlog.

Kylam1015
Good to hear you're adding more resources to deal with the back log. Hopefully everything gets resolved and we can all be happy customers! ^^

marta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's good to hear there is some movement on resolving all the issues people are facing.

Personally, i hope the team is working through the backlog of support tickets in the order received.

I opened a support ticket exactly 7 days ago, and PM'd a mod 2 days ago. I have a failed port with no incoming calls, so now i have 2 partially working sims, one from PM and one from my old carrier. And i'm being rebilled from my old carrier in 2 days unless i get ported over.

Hoping you guys get to my week old ticket soon.

akpo
A lot of people, including me, are stuck in Port. Everything works great but we cannot get incoming calls (gets sent to voicemail).

Any help is appreciated and keep up the good work!

wshrews

I had Shazia begin working on my issue on Friday and she hasn't been back online since. It's almost time for another Koodo bill to come in... Could somebody else take over where she left off? @Dave_M @Jeremy_M

ToniCipriani

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@imcphers  I can see that happening again once the issues are resolved as from my experience (liile as it maybe) the mods do get things done when they get to it.  Just such a huge back log for some that is the issue.  Again I would really love to find out how much is system error vs user error

But it does highlight the model's lack of capacity to expand. Unless they don't do promos anymore, this will happen again.

I understand the need to cut out support resources as a low-cost carrier, but then focus should be on efficiency.

@imcphers  I can see that happening again once the issues are resolved as from my experience (liile as it maybe) the mods do get things done when they get to it.  Just such a huge back log for some that is the issue.  Again I would really love to find out how much is system error vs user error

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.