cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More is Merrier is back: Free gifts for all!

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Contest has ended.

Having trouble entering our contest? We've received a lot more excitement than expected. Not to worry, you have up until December 31st to enter enter our contest! Please try again in a few days at publicmobile.ca/holiday.

Catherine_T_0-1606848529765.png

Hey Community,

‘Tis the season to be jolly, and this holiday season we are back with our More is Merrier campaign at publicmobile.ca/holiday

In the spirit of giving, this year’s rewards are bigger and better than ever before:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Win more from a pool of $10,000 worth of gift cards

Available today until December 31st, 11:59PM EST, all new and existing customers can get a free 2GB data add-on, 500 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 131 Amazon gift cards. 

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

How to enter for a chance to win an Amazon gift card: (Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds!)

1. Enter your details: Head over to publicmobile.ca/holiday and enter: 1) Your name, 2)Your Public Mobile phone number, and 3) Your email
  2. Wait for the draw: Winning customers will be contacted early January via SMS to their Public Mobile phone number.
  3. Cross your fingers: We’ve got 131 draws of $60 (that’s $30 for you and $30 for your friend). 10 draws of $200, $100 each and 1 draw of $1000 to split! 

What else you need to know:

• To be eligible for the gift card contest, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer when entering and at time of draw. Only one entry per customer accepted. Each winner will win 2 gift cards, one for themself and one to share with a friend. More details including how to enter and full Contest Rules are available at publicmobile.ca/holiday.
  • Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Limited time free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off your account when fully used 
  • Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Share the joy:

Want to share these holiday rewards with your friends and family who are also Public Mobile customers? Here is another image you can use: 

Catherine_T_1-1606848529627.jpeg

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

699 REPLIES 699

They remain in your account until they have been used up.

jamesace2008
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Once I successfully add the 2GB data and 500 minutes to my plan, are they going to stay with my plan for ever? Or is it just for December 2020?

Thanks.

macrocyclo

Giveaways like these are what make public mobile great! 🙂

@AE_Collector 

Yes that was the inbox I was referring to....Screenshot_20201201-082317~2.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Glad I joined on the right time.  Have only been PM for 3 weeks and got something great already.. Thanks!!

@AE_Collector  she probably was. I probably read wrong lol. Maybe it will help someone else. 

Have a good evening I'm off for the night.

@Jb456 

Well, I was hoping that @darlicious was referring to this (that you posted) jokingly as your “in box”.

0E580719-8F16-4DD2-A4EB-E57FEBD13E8A.jpeg

@AE_Collector  are you saying you get each post to your post to your actual email account? If so, there is an option to turn off emails. However turning it off would result in not getting an email if a mod private messaged you. You'd actually have to come to the forums to check.

To turn off emails. It's.

•  Badge
  • My settings
  • Subscriptions & Notifications 
  • Notification settings

Screenshot_20201204_001415.jpg

For this calling add-on from the gift. Like the old add-on before they changed them. On first page Catherine's post.

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For the new 300 international minute's.

Customers purchasing the 300 International Long Distance Minutes Add-On can now call the following countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

@darlicious wrote:

@Jb456 

Your "inbox" is almost as crowded as mine!

I was thinking the same even before these most recent gifts. It would likely be nice if some of this could be merged into a single “Free Data from Public Mobile” category so while there would be less reminders of PMs generosity, it would be better labelled so we are constantly reminded of where it came from. Or at least label the 1 & 2 Gb gifts as Holiday Data Bonus 2020 so we can figure what each was for if not merged into one item.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the two international calling packages? This newest one seems to be a hybrid also allowing Canada and USA calling, like the old one from Dec 2019. The new one likely includes more new countries but then it sounded as though the old one allowed he new countries as well even if not intended to be that way.

AE_Collector

ashleyskye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is excellent information! Thank you PM! 

bePM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you! 😊

@guillaumecoutur 

Non, vous n'avez rien à faire. Ils resteront sur votre compte aussi longtemps que vous en aurez besoin pour les utiliser. Ils sont libres.

Prendre note. Il existe également un forum français. Si vous cliquez sur "Français" en haut à côté de la cloche. Cela vous amènera sur les forums français.

guillaumecoutur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Les récompenses (cadeaux de Noël de 2 gigs et 500 minutes d'interurbain) sont-elles pour un mois ou jusqu'à temps qu'on ait épuisé ces données et ces minutes?

Aussi, doit-on les désactiver à la fin du mois pour ne pas les payer le mois suivant?

@Jb456 

Your "inbox" is almost as crowded as mine!

@Pawprints1986  check my screenshot below. 

I haven't used 2019s gifts yet lol. They'll stay on your account forever or if you decide to leave PM.

Screenshot_20201203_144646.jpg

@Pawprints1986 hi there, Pawprints, the freebies will keep on rolling over and over until used up.  Happy holidays!  🎄🎄🎄

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is my first holiday season with PM, this is a nice bonus! 🙂 Though being home so much right now I'm not sure when I'll start digging into them!

Is there a limit at all to how many times they'll roll over? Assuming I don't change plans? Or use them all up? Like should I take advantage by next December? Or they'll literally hang out in my account even if it took 3 years to use them all up type thing?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Thank you Public.. this is something really warm from PM.. hope this will become our annual tradition!!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@ggaudette1  to go with @computergeek541  post. They look like this.

Screenshot_20201201_090115.jpg

Screenshot_20201201_090139.jpg

Screenshot_20201201_090206.jpg

DanAR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you Public Mobile Team!

giphy[1].gif

@ggaudette1 is in the purchase add-ons section. There is one $0 add-on for long distance minutes, and one other for data.

ggaudette1

Where do you go in self serve to find the latest free data promo?

@computergeek541 wrote:

@be3cecilia1946 wrote:

I would like to get my holiday data for free, that you advertised..thank you..

@be3cecilia1946 Please proceed to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca.

One you are logged in, go to the Plans & Add-one "purchase" both of the free add-ons.

Be aware that there are still problems on the system to add these... I was successful in adding these to one account but on another account, they were sort of added...they seem to be stuck in limbo, showing as added on the Add-ons Purchase page but fail to show up in the Overview page.... The system did give me an error message last night saying there was a technical problem... it has been in limbo ever since.

In other words, YMMV

@Mimi33 That's a great idea!! Post step by step. So people can see visually what exactly to do as some people learn easier by seeing rather than reading.

I did a similar post for fun the other day. Showing how PM could make things more visual so people can understand easier what to do. I made a quick video on how to post on the forums. Take a look.

Mimi33
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Your explanation of how to claim current PM giveaways is absolutely perfect.  No one should have any problem understanding how to collect the two freebies.  PM should post this explanation right beside these types of giveaways.  It would alleviate so much confusion. I would like to bravo your message 10 times JK8!!

@mmcgreal wrote:

I have the same question. This is not the first time I have not been able to claim a Public Mobile "reward".

Have you tried logging into self service and navigating to Purchase Add-Ons?

add1.jpg

Keep scrolling down until you see this:

987E72C8-A822-4387-A723-5F2BEA99169B.png

mmcgreal

I have the same question. This is not the first time I have not been able to claim a Public Mobile "reward".

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@popping wrote:

@popping wrote:

I prefer the free add-on data than the unlimited slooooooow data offered by other providers.

Thanks PM

All my accounts received the holiday offer.

But someone has to pay for these free add-ons.

PM took 10 cents from one account and 40 cents from another account.

Minimum PM charge is $1.  Give me a break PM.  It is not possible to spend less than a dollar on self-serve.  Fix the software bug.

I will wait for couple of day before creating a ticket to determine whether it will go away like the phantom referrals bug.

Update:

PM continues to take more fund from one of account.  It was missing 40 cents yesterday and today another 40 cents missing.  Total 80 cents missing in that account. 

I created a support ticket a few minutes ago.  I will report back later.

Please your account for missing a few cents.

@Catherine_T @Alan_K 

Thanks for flagging this! I would advise waiting for @CS_Agent to get back to you on the support ticket to see if the issue can be resolved first. If not, we may have to investigate further. 

@xzilbertech  They remain in your account until they have been used up.

@xzilbertech wrote:

I still have the holiday add-on 1GB + 400 Intl min unused from last year.  If I get this new one, will my old be gone?

No, old ones will not be gone.

Need Help? Let's chat.