cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More is Merrier is back: Free gifts for all!

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Contest has ended.

Having trouble entering our contest? We've received a lot more excitement than expected. Not to worry, you have up until December 31st to enter enter our contest! Please try again in a few days at publicmobile.ca/holiday.

Catherine_T_0-1606848529765.png

Hey Community,

‘Tis the season to be jolly, and this holiday season we are back with our More is Merrier campaign at publicmobile.ca/holiday

In the spirit of giving, this year’s rewards are bigger and better than ever before:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Win more from a pool of $10,000 worth of gift cards

Available today until December 31st, 11:59PM EST, all new and existing customers can get a free 2GB data add-on, 500 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 131 Amazon gift cards. 

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

How to enter for a chance to win an Amazon gift card: (Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds!)

1. Enter your details: Head over to publicmobile.ca/holiday and enter: 1) Your name, 2)Your Public Mobile phone number, and 3) Your email
  2. Wait for the draw: Winning customers will be contacted early January via SMS to their Public Mobile phone number.
  3. Cross your fingers: We’ve got 131 draws of $60 (that’s $30 for you and $30 for your friend). 10 draws of $200, $100 each and 1 draw of $1000 to split! 

What else you need to know:

• To be eligible for the gift card contest, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer when entering and at time of draw. Only one entry per customer accepted. Each winner will win 2 gift cards, one for themself and one to share with a friend. More details including how to enter and full Contest Rules are available at publicmobile.ca/holiday.
  • Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Limited time free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off your account when fully used 
  • Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Share the joy:

Want to share these holiday rewards with your friends and family who are also Public Mobile customers? Here is another image you can use: 

Catherine_T_1-1606848529627.jpeg

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

699 REPLIES 699

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks public mobile this will for sure come in handy.

@be3cecilia1946 

Are you asking how to get it? Log in to your account. Go to the plans and add ons page. Scroll down to the add ons section. the free data add on and free long distance add on are at the top of each of their columns and are listed with a $0 price. Click on each one. Then scroll down and submit the $0 payment. They will then show up in your overview page. Don't forget to enter both contests too!

Edit: An OG of PM! A supersaver.... I bow to your saving prowess! Happy Noel!

be3cecilia1946
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Would like to receive free data for the holiday giveaway....ive been a customer of public for over ten years.Happy HOlidays.

Haligal

Just go to “add ons” and select the free options. Super easy! 

LRosevear
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just did this: you literally just click the free add-ons  (from the plan and add-ons tab).  It shows up instantly.

be3cecilia1946

I would love to have added data...thank you and happy holidays

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Annaek wrote:

Try phoning •612 and go to option 6 then pick holiday options from there

Who are you answering? It's easier to get the add-ons in Self Serve because you can see it. 

Annaek

Try phoning •612 and go to option 6 then pick holiday options from there

Annaek

As soon as you phone and choose the addon option it’s activated in your account 

@Korth wrote:

And "I'm not a robot" for real. Though I didn't think the "proof" I submitted for that was particularly compelling, to be honest, lol.

“Korth” sounds like a good name for a Robot so now I’m starting to wonder....

AE_Collector

LoriM

That is so kind of you! Thank you. We don't have internet and rely on Public Mobile for all our connectivity. I tether devices to our cell phones as needed and it works great.

The extra data will help us stay connected to our family and friends through the pandemic, especially through the holidays. Again, thanks!!

A little odd that (on my browsers, at least) I had to tick the box to "agree" to Contest Rules (Terms of Service) before I was allowed any way to read them, lol.

And "I'm not a robot" for real. Though I didn't think the "proof" I submitted for that was particularly compelling, to be honest, lol.

alexscarter

@darlicious: good tip... i will def try  😉

mitsuleafs

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

TessieBoo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, welcome to PM....you’re gonna love it!

ccdevmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@prairiedogbob wrote:

Thanks public mobile I'm just a new customer I wasn't expecting a welcome gift. Merry Christmas and happy New year everyone this is great!

Welcome! PM is the best! 

prairiedogbob

Thanks public mobile I'm just a new customer I wasn't expecting a welcome gift. Merry Christmas and happy New year everyone this is great!

@alexscarter 

Do try calling the Netherlands. When the new long distance add ons were announced those testing them out reported that some countries not included in the old add ons but included in the new ones were now accessible using the old add ons. It certainly wont cost you anything to try......

alexscarter

Thanks Dunkman!  I was curious since, as you pointed out, the Netherlands is included in the normal Intl Long Distance pkg

You could purchase a long distance calling card or use Wi-Fi apps like WhatsApp, Skype, Fongo, or Textnow.

@alexscarter wrote:

It doesn't include the Netherlands?

@alexscarter 

It does not look like Netherlands is covered by this bonus long distance add on.  You can try to call to make sure.

The new long distance add on for $15 does cover:

300 International Long Distance Minutes

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

alexscarter

It doesn't include the Netherlands?

@dreamboats198 wrote:

Thanks for your prompt reply. The offer says international minutes, but my original plan is restricted to just within Canada. Would my plan open up for international calls with this offer until there is balance.

Nothing seems to cause as much confusion as the words International Calling when combined with Cell Plans! Rule of thumb would be that you always have to make some special arrangements to use your phone in another country. And in the case of PM, the ONLY possible “other country” is USA.

The term International Calling here means the ability to call other countries besides Canada while YOU are IN Canada. In some ways they might be better to call all of these Calling Add-ons “Long Distance Calling Add-Ons”.

AE_Collector

LD1

This is great, thank you. 

@LurganIeUk 

The calling add ons are used in this order for Canada only and US only calling

1. $5/500 min Canada wide calling add on
  2. $8/200 min US/Canada calling add on
  3. $15/400 min International (+US/Canada) calling add on

The above "old" calling add ons will be used (first) before the newly introduced ones.

@dreamboats198 wrote:

Thanks for your prompt reply. The offer says international minutes, but my original plan is restricted to just within Canada. Would my plan open up for international calls with this offer until there is balance.

You have to pay every 30 days no matter what. If you are on $15 plan and use up your 100 minutes.....your Canada wide calling stops TIL your next new cycle. I would suggest to always have the 500 minute Canada wide calling add-on. As mentioned any add-on paid for or a freebie will not expire until used up. So if you have used your 100 minutes and do not have the 500 minute add-on BUT have some of the other Canada* LD add-ons your Canada Wide calls will begin to use up your LD add-ons. In which order, I have no idea!!

* — Canada* meaning calling from Canada using one of your LD add-ons. Not to be confused with using a USA add-on and calling when in the USA. 

@dreamboats198 wrote:

These international minutes are an add on to your current plan. Your plan minutes remain only for Canadian calls. The 500 minutes are for international calls and remain on your account until consumed. You can call these countries with the free promo.

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

dreamboats198

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dreamboats198 wrote:

Hi, I just added this on. So do we need to use the free minutes and data before 31Dec20 or is it just sign up for it before 31Dec20 and there is no expiration to use the data and minutes that are added on as part of this promotion.

Thanks

Savio

@dreamboats198 : No expiration. Use it until you finish it. (with active service)

dreamboats198

Hi, I just added this on. So do we need to use the free minutes and data before 31Dec20 or is it just sign up for it before 31Dec20 and there is no expiration to use the data and minutes that are added on as part of this promotion.

Thanks

Savio

Need Help? Let's chat.