cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More is Merrier is back: Free gifts for all!

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Contest has ended.

Having trouble entering our contest? We've received a lot more excitement than expected. Not to worry, you have up until December 31st to enter enter our contest! Please try again in a few days at publicmobile.ca/holiday.

Catherine_T_0-1606848529765.png

Hey Community,

‘Tis the season to be jolly, and this holiday season we are back with our More is Merrier campaign at publicmobile.ca/holiday

In the spirit of giving, this year’s rewards are bigger and better than ever before:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Win more from a pool of $10,000 worth of gift cards

Available today until December 31st, 11:59PM EST, all new and existing customers can get a free 2GB data add-on, 500 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 131 Amazon gift cards. 

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

How to enter for a chance to win an Amazon gift card: (Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds!)

1. Enter your details: Head over to publicmobile.ca/holiday and enter: 1) Your name, 2)Your Public Mobile phone number, and 3) Your email
  2. Wait for the draw: Winning customers will be contacted early January via SMS to their Public Mobile phone number.
  3. Cross your fingers: We’ve got 131 draws of $60 (that’s $30 for you and $30 for your friend). 10 draws of $200, $100 each and 1 draw of $1000 to split! 

What else you need to know:

• To be eligible for the gift card contest, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer when entering and at time of draw. Only one entry per customer accepted. Each winner will win 2 gift cards, one for themself and one to share with a friend. More details including how to enter and full Contest Rules are available at publicmobile.ca/holiday.
  • Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Limited time free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off your account when fully used 
  • Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Share the joy:

Want to share these holiday rewards with your friends and family who are also Public Mobile customers? Here is another image you can use: 

Catherine_T_1-1606848529627.jpeg

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

699 REPLIES 699

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akb13 wrote:

Omg. Literally looked everywhere. Tysm for this info 🙂

@akb13 

Welcome to Public Mobile.

That was the big Aha Eureka learning moment for me a little after I got here a couple years ago. So I dropped down to the minimal plan and use add-ons. Although it helps to be a very low usage user.

Unlike other providers, it's buy once and consume over time. (or, of course in this case, collect the gift and then you consume it over time)

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@akb13  No worries 🙂 Any other questions on a different topic kindly start a new thread. We are all here to help you!

All the best in the new year. Stay safe!

akb13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Omg. Literally looked everywhere. Tysm for this info 🙂

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@akb13 

Correct!

How the system works is like this.

Example you have 1gig plan data.

You use up your 1 gig before the 30 day renewal. Then your add-on 2 gig data kicks in.

Let's say you used 500mb of add-on data 

Then your renewal takes place for your payment for next 30 says.

The 1 gig plan data is back and the remaining 1.5 add-on left sits in the background. 

If you don't use all the 1 gig plan data then your add-on will continue to sit in the background until it is needed again.

Hope this makes sense to you!

akb13

@Jb456 

Gotcha. First off that was quick I appreciate that and second, so I will have to run out of the data that I already have in my plan in order to start using 2GB right?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@akb13 

They will continue to rollover on your account until all used up. Even if it takes a year or more to use it up.

Happy Holidays 🎉

akb13

Hi,

I'm sorry I'm new to public Mobile, but was wondering if the Holiday Add-on that was given for free was only for 1 month and 1 month only. Or it would continue each month resetting going forward. 

TessieBoo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

hend0005

I couldn’t agree more - as retirees, on a fixed income, every little bit helps.

hend0005

We would have been happy to receive those minutes, being we're on that $15 plan already!

Still, we're more than pleased to have gotten what we did. Everything helps when you are retired on a fixed income.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Smurad wrote:

Yes absolutely, when a valueless gift makes you unhappy. It's good idea to express. ....ha ha.

Most of us customers in BC and Alberta were given 1000 Canada Calling minutes quite recently. Most of us have unlimited Canada Calling as a part of their plan already so totally useless. But, things can change. At some point switching down to the $15 plan that only includes 100 minutes of Canada Calling and the gift of 1000 minutes may suddenly have some value to us!

AE_Collector

Agree.  Since August 2019, I received free 9GB data, 900 international minutes and 1000 CW minutes add-ons with a AB phone number.

@Smurad wrote:

Yes absolutely, when a valueless gift makes you unhappy. It's good idea to express. ....ha ha.

Most of us customers in BC and Alberta were given 1000 Canada Calling minutes quite recently. Most of us have unlimited Canada Calling as a part of their plan already so totally useless. But, things can change. At some point switching down to the $15 plan that only includes 100 minutes of Canada Calling and the gift of 1000 minutes may suddenly have some value to us!

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MarcGSR wrote:

As a new PM customer, these are great rewards! One more reason why I'm glad to have made the switch from Bell to PM 😃

Just added my gift addons and entered the holiday giveaways!

Welcome to PM.  Enjoy you saving with PM and the free add-ons.

MarcGSR

As a new PM customer, these are great rewards! One more reason why I'm glad to have made the switch from Bell to PM 😃

Just added my gift addons and entered the holiday giveaways!

Smurad

hend0005

Thank You, we Love it!!

My wife and I just added the bonuses to our accounts, worked perfect.

Can't get in to the draw yet, but as is indicated here, we will just keep trying later this month.

Cheers to all  !!

kamalan2020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the extra dada during the holidays...

All told, there HAS been a lot of confusion over both the changes made to the various LD calling plans a few months ago and this seemingly “Hybrid” freebie LD plan that again includes Canada and the USA but only about 20 or so of the 30 odd countries that PM has calling plans for. I just noticed that Australia and NZ are NOT listed on this particular plan yet they are on the new International LD plan.

In the discussion about the new LD calling plans when they were launched some found that the OLD International plan was now able to call some countries that were added to the NEW International LD plan. Has anyone had occasion to try calling Australia with this freebie Christmas gift plan? If so there was a wonderful dark beer we had at a “club” in Sydney that I will enquire if they can do a home delivery of.

AE_Collector

Smurad

I hope PM will make the list longer to make more customers happy in near future from the ( very very few Countries...list ...) Thanks.

ccdevmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes so easy to get the free add ons! 

Thanks PM!

dh301823

Just follow below steps:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!

Thank you

dh301823

It's very easy. Even i was confused initially but then below are the steps:-

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 

Thank you

dh301823

WOW this is some gift from PM to its customers.

I have been a loyal customer to them. Every year they come up with something which is getting better and better. 

Last year 400 international mins 1 GB data

this year which was such a bad year they are giving even more 500 mins 2 GB data.

Best service provider in the market and a unique one.

Thank you!

happy Holidays..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gail709 wrote:

The polite response when someone gives you a gift is...thank you.

Can everybody here bravo the above post.

You just won the internet there @gail709. Perfect.

@Smurad wrote:

I am a new customer , I got 500 Mins long distance free call offer but unfortunately only for a few countries are listed to call with this offer. My disired country name is not in list..So this offer is completely valueless for me. Very disappointing.  Huh ! 

Well as mentioned, it IS a gift. Also, be certain you are looking at the correct list. PM doubled the number of countries they have calling plans to just a few months ago so even if the newest list has “very few countries”, the previous list must have had (in the words of Donald Trump) “Very VERY” few countries. And finally, the info was available to research before signing up with PM if you wouldn’t have otherwise.

AE_Collector

gail709
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The polite response when someone gives you a gift is...thank you.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Smurad wrote:

I am a new customer , I got 500 Mins long distance free call offer but unfortunately only for a few countries are listed to call with this offer. My disired country name is not in list..So this offer is completely valueless for me. Very disappointing.  Huh ! 

These promos stay on your account until they are used up. You never know when you might need them in the future. You can always purchase the add on you need and those also stay on your account until used up.

@Smurad wrote:

@Smurad  oh well can't please everyone  

Smurad

I am a new customer , I got 500 Mins long distance free call offer but unfortunately only  a few countries are listed to call with this offer. My desired country name is not in the list..So this offer is completely valueless for me. I want to gift this offer to someone who needs ....Is it possible ?  Huh ! 

TessieBoo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Import_from_NS

Gee, that sounds like my mom.....It’s really hard for her to stop talking, and even harder for her to hang up after saying good-bye.  I usually have to hang up on her after the 7th time of saying good-bye....lol

Import_from_NS

Exactly, When I call home to the UK it take my mother 100 mins to stop yapping for me to say Hello. LOL I get to hear all her trivial news ( more than once) before I even get a chance to speak.

Need Help? Let's chat.