cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More is Merrier is back: Free gifts for all!

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Contest has ended.

Having trouble entering our contest? We've received a lot more excitement than expected. Not to worry, you have up until December 31st to enter enter our contest! Please try again in a few days at publicmobile.ca/holiday.

Catherine_T_0-1606848529765.png

Hey Community,

‘Tis the season to be jolly, and this holiday season we are back with our More is Merrier campaign at publicmobile.ca/holiday

In the spirit of giving, this year’s rewards are bigger and better than ever before:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Win more from a pool of $10,000 worth of gift cards

Available today until December 31st, 11:59PM EST, all new and existing customers can get a free 2GB data add-on, 500 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 131 Amazon gift cards. 

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

How to enter for a chance to win an Amazon gift card: (Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds!)

1. Enter your details: Head over to publicmobile.ca/holiday and enter: 1) Your name, 2)Your Public Mobile phone number, and 3) Your email
  2. Wait for the draw: Winning customers will be contacted early January via SMS to their Public Mobile phone number.
  3. Cross your fingers: We’ve got 131 draws of $60 (that’s $30 for you and $30 for your friend). 10 draws of $200, $100 each and 1 draw of $1000 to split! 

What else you need to know:

• To be eligible for the gift card contest, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer when entering and at time of draw. Only one entry per customer accepted. Each winner will win 2 gift cards, one for themself and one to share with a friend. More details including how to enter and full Contest Rules are available at publicmobile.ca/holiday.
  • Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Limited time free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off your account when fully used 
  • Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Share the joy:

Want to share these holiday rewards with your friends and family who are also Public Mobile customers? Here is another image you can use: 

Catherine_T_1-1606848529627.jpeg

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

699 REPLIES 699

ccdevmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for being a great mobile carrier! So happy to be saving money and getting the plan I want! 

Like2cook
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for your detailed explanation how I could take advantage of the free minutes and data promotion offered by Public Mobile this Christmas season.

Cheers

Like2cook

I think that at least a little bit of this giving out of free add-ons is to show people how easy it is to buy an add-on if they ever found that they needed one. Thus if there was a big “Collect your free gifts” button to push at the top of the Self Serve Home page they would not really have accomplished anything in this regard.

AE_Collector

@wang01_99 wrote:

Hi   JB8,

I have not claimed it - that's why I am asking how to do it.

In my account window, I do not find purchase add-on.

purchase.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep looking. JK8's images tell the thousand words.

He could have said Go in to self service and click on this.

And then he could have said and then scroll down and find these.

wang01_99

Hi   JB8,

I have not claimed it - that's why I am asking how to do it.

In my account window, I do not find purchase add-on.

@wang01_99 

Go into self service:

add1.jpg

Keep scrolling down  until you see this:

addon.jpg

@wang01_99 

Go to purchase add on section.  You will have two choices for the two free holiday add ons.  just purchase for free and it should immediately be available in your account.

\

@wang01_99 Go in self serve. Select Purchase Add Ons. Add the free minutes and data listed at $0. Then complete purchase. Details in the Announcement thread.

wang01_99

Hello, I received an email that tells me the following:

That's why we're offering 2GB of free data1 for all Public customers. Add in Self-Serve.

I sign-on to my account and cannot find how to get the free data.

I thought it might have something like 'claim your 2GB free data', apparently, not so simple.

Import_from_NS

It's a one off gift, that needs to be claimed before 31st December. Once you have used that free 2MB of data, it is gone. It isn't renewable monthly and it isn't 2GB per month. It's just a one time use-it-until-it's-gone deal. 

Happy Christmas

Eister
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Scroll down to “purchase add-ons”

Then on blue screen menu select on column 1. Talk and column 3. Data...the 2 free offers. 
Purchase and confirm.

Then you should see them added to your account as free. 🙂

Hi @Squeeze 

We get a gift like that from Publicmobile from time to time since other providers started offering 'unlimited' data. It is actually very useful if your plan really does fit your needs, it does come in handy that odd month when you go a bit above. I still didn't use up the first one.

Long distance minutes are also an add-on and you dunt have to use them up right away, they will be on your account indefinitely untill used up

It is a one time add-on that remains in your account until it is used up

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Squeeze wrote:

I have noticed that there's a 2 GB holiday giveaway data for free  was wondering if this is just 2 GB of free data for a month or is it just for awhile and then charged to your account.

It's an add-on. For here, that means it stays on your account until fully consumed. There will be no charge involved, now or later.

Squeeze
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have noticed that there's a 2 GB holiday giveaway data for free  was wondering if this is just 2 GB of free data for a month or is it just for awhile and then charged to your account.

@Spudster wrote:

These seem like one-time additions.   They won't just automatically be added each month, will they?

Add-ons are always one-time additions, regardless whether they're free or they cost full price.

They are each a quantity of available minutes/data which remains attached to the account until fully used. Add-ons don't refresh each month and don't need to be purchased again every month. (US Roaming add-ons work differently, but are irrelevant here.)

You could use all your 500 minutes in one month or spread them across many months or just hang onto them indefinitely, the unused portion will remain attached to the account every month (without any monthly cost), the add-on will finally fall off the account once all 500 minutes have been used up.

Import_from_NS

Amazing! Thank you.

@Import_from_NS wrote:

Just to clarify regarding the data and international calls - It's a one time 500 mins and 2GB data that has to be activated before end of this year but then we have unlimited time to use the mins and data? 

If I only use 100 mins of the international calling, then the remaining 400 mins remain available throughout 2021 or are lost at the end of this calendar year?

Just trying to determine if I need to use them all this month or can store some. Thank you.

These add-ons stay until fully consumed.

Import_from_NS

Just to clarify regarding the data and international calls - It's a one time 500 mins and 2GB data that has to be activated before end of this year but then we have unlimited time to use the mins and data? 

If I only use 100 mins of the international calling, then the remaining 400 mins remain available throughout 2021 or are lost at the end of this calendar year?

Just trying to determine if I need to use them all this month or can store some. Thank you.

Sure @Like2cook 

Here's a step by step:

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

HALIMACS_0-1607521478738.jpeg

HALIMACS_1-1607521478779.jpeg

@Like2cook wrote:

A little birdie told me that there is a Free minutes promotion open till the end of the year for users. Cost being 0 Dollars.

I just cannot find it. Would someone be kind enough to direct me step by step where I could find this promotion for 0 Dollars.

thanks

Like2cook

Select "Purchase Add Ons" in your self serve. The first entry under minutes and data show as $0. Add one of each and purchase. Done. (Don't forget the free data too!)

Like2cook

A little birdie told me that there is a Free minutes promotion open till the end of the year for users. Cost being 0 Dollars.

I just cannot find it. Would someone be kind enough to direct me step by step where I could find this promotion for 0 Dollars.

thanks

Like2cook

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!

Spudster

ohh, that's nice

@Spudster wrote:

These seem like one-time additions.   They won't just automatically be added each month, will they?

One time promos that roll over each cycle until consumed. 

Spudster

Thank you, @JK8 

The originator should be proud of their good work.

@HALIMACS 

Nice pics! 😉

Need Help? Let's chat.