cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More is Merrier is back: Free gifts for all!

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Contest has ended.

Having trouble entering our contest? We've received a lot more excitement than expected. Not to worry, you have up until December 31st to enter enter our contest! Please try again in a few days at publicmobile.ca/holiday.

Catherine_T_0-1606848529765.png

Hey Community,

‘Tis the season to be jolly, and this holiday season we are back with our More is Merrier campaign at publicmobile.ca/holiday

In the spirit of giving, this year’s rewards are bigger and better than ever before:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Win more from a pool of $10,000 worth of gift cards

Available today until December 31st, 11:59PM EST, all new and existing customers can get a free 2GB data add-on, 500 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 131 Amazon gift cards. 

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

How to enter for a chance to win an Amazon gift card: (Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds!)

1. Enter your details: Head over to publicmobile.ca/holiday and enter: 1) Your name, 2)Your Public Mobile phone number, and 3) Your email
  2. Wait for the draw: Winning customers will be contacted early January via SMS to their Public Mobile phone number.
  3. Cross your fingers: We’ve got 131 draws of $60 (that’s $30 for you and $30 for your friend). 10 draws of $200, $100 each and 1 draw of $1000 to split! 

What else you need to know:

• To be eligible for the gift card contest, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer when entering and at time of draw. Only one entry per customer accepted. Each winner will win 2 gift cards, one for themself and one to share with a friend. More details including how to enter and full Contest Rules are available at publicmobile.ca/holiday.
  • Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Limited time free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off your account when fully used 
  • Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Share the joy:

Want to share these holiday rewards with your friends and family who are also Public Mobile customers? Here is another image you can use: 

Catherine_T_1-1606848529627.jpeg

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

699 REPLIES 699

xzilbertech
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I still have the holiday add-on 1GB + 400 Intl min unused from last year.  If I get this new one, will my old be gone?

Cardinal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you so much Public Mobile for the Christmas Gifts

Much appreciated.

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year 🎅

Cardinal

@AE_Collector wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Mine shows up as a $0.10 charge for TEXT.... BUT this showed up BEFORE I even applied the freebie, so they do not seem to be related. Just ANOTHER PM system glitch.... par for the course I guess.

Well there you go! The new “Text Only” add-on has arrived and no one can complain about the price!

AE_Collector

lol

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Mine shows up as a $0.10 charge for TEXT.... BUT this showed up BEFORE I even applied the freebie, so they do not seem to be related. Just ANOTHER PM system glitch.... par for the course I guess.

Well there you go! The new “Text Only” add-on has arrived and no one can complain about the price!

AE_Collector

@be3cecilia1946 wrote:

I would like to get my holiday data for free, that you advertised..thank you..

@be3cecilia1946 Please proceed to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca.

One you are logged in, go to the Plans & Add-one "purchase" both of the free add-ons.

be3cecilia1946

I would like to get my holiday data for free, that you advertised..thank you..

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@popping How does 1 cent leave your account?  If that happens on your renewal.date, your service could be cut.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@popping wrote:

@popping wrote:

I prefer the free add-on data than the unlimited slooooooow data offered by other providers.

Thanks PM

All my accounts received the holiday offer.

But someone has to pay for these free add-ons.

PM took 10 cents from one account and 40 cents from another account.

Minimum PM charge is $1.  Give me a break PM.  It is not possible to spend less than a dollar on self-serve.  Fix the software bug.

I will wait for couple of day before creating a ticket to determine whether it will go away like the phantom referrals bug.

Update:

PM continues to take more fund from one of account.  It was missing 40 cents yesterday and today another 40 cents missing.  Total 80 cents missing in that account. 

I created a support ticket a few minutes ago.  I will report back later.

Please your account for missing a few cents.

@Catherine_T @Alan_K 

Update 2:

During Dec 2, another 1 cent had left my account.  Total missing 90 cents in that account.  My support ticket is still waiting to be serviced.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great!Thank you Public Mobile!

@popping wrote:

@popping wrote:

I prefer the free add-on data than the unlimited slooooooow data offered by other providers.

Thanks PM

All my accounts received the holiday offer.

But someone has to pay for these free add-ons.

PM took 10 cents from one account and 40 cents from another account.

Minimum PM charge is $1.  Give me a break PM.  It is not possible to spend less than a dollar on self-serve.  Fix the software bug.

I will wait for couple of day before creating a ticket to determine whether it will go away like the phantom referrals bug.

Update:

PM continues to take more fund from one of account.  It was missing 40 cents yesterday and today another 40 cents missing.  Total 80 cents missing in that account. 

I created a support ticket a few minutes ago.  I will report back later.

Please your account for missing a few cents.

@Catherine_T @Alan_K 

@pm-smayer97 

edit: - I see you edited changed your question. 

Anyways the information from the edit is below.

It's likely correct so people can use them as just Canada wide minutes as well. For those on lower plans with limited calling limits.

Anyways before your edit below was to answer that part of your question.

Well prior to the add-on changes. PM add-on was 400 into including Canada / USA.

They gave these ones out last year as gifts. If it's the same one as this year and made it 500 minutes then below was the calling for the old international Add-on that included Can/ USA.

Intl long distance Add-On included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela. Calls must originate from Canada.

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.

The current 300 add-on that you could buy is 

Customers purchasing the 300 International Long Distance Minutes Add-On can now call the following countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela 

I'd probably go with the 400 min add-on countries like last year's as that one did include Can/USA.

@Catherine_T 

P.S. I'm a little confused by the calling add-on. The freebie says International calling that INCLUDES Can & US. None of the current add-ons offer Can & US. So is this correct?

Thanks @Catherine_T . Very nice move for all... existing customers AND new ones who sign up by Dec 31.

BTW, please consider allowing those with suspended accounts the ability to still get the gifts. There are many good reasons for why an account is temporarily suspended and may not get unsuspended in time, and COVID is just one more.

So please consider allowing ALL customers with an existing account to get this. Thanks for your consideration.

ToMuchCatnip

Sweet. Thanks a lot. Happy holidays all 🙂

@be3cecilia1946 wrote:

I would like my free data that you are offering for the month of December, 

Please proceed to self.serve.publicmobile.ca and go to the purchase add-ons section. You'll need to select both $0 add-on packages.

be3cecilia1946

I would like my free data that you are offering for the month of December, 

@loves_tweet wrote:

I am a household of 5 and we are all with PM, however only 1 of us received the more is merrier email.  If my daughter wouldn't have told me about it, how would I have known about this offer?

Did you sign up here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans#plans-start

deals.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@loves_tweet wrote:

I am a household of 5 and we are all with PM, however only 1 of us received the more is merrier email.  If my daughter wouldn't have told me about it, how would I have known about this offer?

@loves_tweet 

Have you unsubscribed from any emails from here? Community or account or texts? Are those email addresses still valid and being monitored? Could the emails have gone to spam folders?

loves_tweet

@Jibraan2405 wrote:

How to get the holiday promotion please?

Sign into self service:

add1.jpg

Keep scrolling down.

addon.jpg

Log. Into your account.

Click purchase add-ons. They'll be at top.

Screenshot_20201201_090139.jpg

Screenshot_20201201_090115.jpg

Screenshot_20201201_090206.jpg

 then go to below link to sign-up for Amazon raffle.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/holiday

Jibraan2405

How to get the holiday promotion please?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Donjfry wrote:

I don’t see any place on-board this site to claim this holiday season rewards..need some help here.thamks

add1.jpg

Keep scrolling down until you see this:

addon.jpg

@noemia wrote:

So if I already have a previous one-time data bonus on my account will the 2 Gig add to it or will I lose what is remaining.

You will not lose anything. There will be another entry with the new holiday promo.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@noemia wrote:

So if I already have a previous one-time data bonus on my account will the 2 Gig add to it or will I lose what is remaining.

@noemia   The new gifts will just get added to your account and nothing else will be lost or taken away that you already have.

Donjfry

I don’t see any place on-board this site to claim this holiday season rewards..need some help here.thamks

noemia

Need Help? Let's chat.