Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lunar New Year Offer

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

[Edited on Feb 22, 2021 - Offer entry extended to Feb 28, 2021]

Hey Community! 

To celebrate Lunar New Year, for a limited time only, Public Mobile customers can get a 1GB data bonus every month for 8 months, plus a one-time add on of 500 China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau long distance minutes on select plans. 

Offer Details:

• Offer applies to the $25, $35, $40, $45 and $50 plans.
  • 500 minutes Long Distance Add-on is a one-time add on, and applies to the following locations: China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before Feb 28, 2021, 11:59PM EST
  2. Once your email address has been successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with a promo code.
  3. Activate on an eligible plan online or in-store with the promo code before March 6, 2021, 11:59PM EST to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days (please expect a longer shipping time due to COVID-19 measures). You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. Bonus data and one-time add-on will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, and for 8 months after activation.

Good to know:

• Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle. 
  • This offer is not stackable with other in-market offers.
  • This offer is subject to change without notice.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

133 REPLIES 133

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If someone entered their email address for the 1 month free and 5gb add on (prior promo) and hasn't activated yet (as the terms say need to activate by Feb 8th), can they also receive this Lunar New year offer?  If my dad activates the plan next week, say $25/m plan, will he receive the  $25 credit, plus 5bg data add on, plus this extra 1 gb/month for 8 months?  

@hycm53 wrote:

I wonder this is only for new customer ?

It is only for new account activations, but tthe fact that you're asking is the point that I was trying to make earlier.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

I wonder this is only for new customer ?

cin7

Thanks for the new offer! I'll share it with family/friends.

@will13am wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

I know that some new customers look for different things when considering joining than others, but I think that everyone knows what I think about this promotion. It's another short term offer that I believe will lead to churn when customers approach the 8 month mark. Maybe, Public can consider stacking this with something else?  (I don't actually know of anything - just encouraging Public to make a better offer). 

Hopefully, the actual plans can improve in comparisons to competitor $27 and $36 plan offers.

Public Mobile is heavily invested in the reward system as a means of bringing plan costs down, sometimes well below base plan costs.  I cannot see major changes to base plan costs as a result.  Being a longer term customer, be careful what you wish for.  You know why you are still here.  That said, this deal is the longest running promo yet.  By comparison it is one of the best offers ever.  

Perhaps the churn rate won't be as bad compared to monetary discount promotions. I feel that such offers don't actually hep the long term customers as the rewards that the existing customer would receive from new customers joining will be temporary. It would be interesting to see statistics about the churn percentages for Public Mobile,although I don't believe that Telus provides individualized brand statistics specific to Public Mobile in the shareholder reports. I suppose that the concern that I have is the possibility that many new customers are going from promo to promo at different brands every few months.

@computergeek541 wrote:

I know that some new customers look for different things when considering joining than others, but I think that everyone knows what I think about this promotion. It's another short term offer that I believe will lead to churn when customers approach the 8 month mark. Maybe, Public can consider stacking this with something else?  (I don't actually know of anything - just encouraging Public to make a better offer). 

Hopefully, the actual plans can improve in comparisons to competitor $27 and $36 plan offers.

Public Mobile is heavily invested in the reward system as a means of bringing plan costs down, sometimes well below base plan costs.  I cannot see major changes to base plan costs as a result.  Being a longer term customer, be careful what you wish for.  You know why you are still here.  That said, this deal is the longest running promo yet.  By comparison it is one of the best offers ever.  

@Anonymous wrote:

A nearly flawless writing of an offer. 🙂

In thinking of prior offers, this one doesn't say that you can't change plans. ie. down to the $15 plan after initial activation. So by omission...you can!

@Anonymous  @Catherine_T 

I believe that this can be interpreted as being available to existing Public Mobile customers, even though I know from experience that is a new customer promotion.

This part doesn't say that it's for new customers:

"To celebrate Lunar New Year, for a limited time only, Public Mobile customers can get a 1GB data bonus every month for 8 months, plus a one-time add on of 500 China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau long distance minutes on select plans. "

As for the next part, my activation date in 2016 is before March 6, 2021. The argument could be made that changing to one of the mentioned plans is "activating" it.  For past promotions, even when it's specifically mentioned that the offer is only for new account activations, some existing customers still get confused.

"How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before Feb 21, 2021, 11:59PM EST
  2. Once your email address has been successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with a promo code.
  3. Activate on an eligible plan online or in-store with the promo code before March 6, 2021, 11:59PM EST to redeem this offer."

Also, I just noticed that a certain blue brand is offering a 2GB bonus for each of the next 8 months on $35+ plans.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

cd638ac86e6b795ccc0c3335f913c57f.jpg

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the offer

Do they have to keep the same plan do receive bonus data for 8 months?

mitchnet12

It's great to be a Public Mobile customer!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Way to go, Public Mobile.  Great recognition and offer.

xin nian hao

Anonymous
Not applicable

A nearly flawless writing of an offer. 😞

In thinking of prior offers, this one doesn't say that you can't change plans. ie. down to the $15 plan after initial activation. So by omission...you can!

Need Help? Let's chat.