cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited time only: 500MB/ 30 day Bonus Data on select 3G data plans!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of October 16, 2018: These offers are now expired.

Hey Community,

We are excited to launch a limited time only bonus 500MB/ 30 days on select 3G data plans. This offer is available to new and existing customers. The bonus data can be found on select data buckets in the calculator and in one of our ready-made plans. See below for what is new, and the FAQs.

Ready-Made Plan: $40 for Canada-wide Talk, International Text, 2GB + 500MB of BONUS data at 3G speed.

In the Calculator:

30 Day

• 2 + 500 MB BONUS at 3G speed
  • 4 + 500 MB BONUS at 3G speed
  • 6 + 500 MB BONUS at 3G speed

90 Day

• 6 + 1.5 GB BONUS at 3G speed
  • 12 + 1.5 GB BONUS at 3G speed
  • 18 + 1.5 GB BONUS at 3G speed

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this promo be in market?

This offer is for a limited time only. The eventual end date that will be communicated is the last day customers can activate on our promotional plans. The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online and have not yet arrived or been activated.

How do I take advantage of this promo?

To take advantage of this offer either select the Ready-made plan of $40 for 2GB + 500MB of 3G data

OR

Use the calculator to build your own plan that includes 3G speed bonus data.

Will I keep the same

plan forever? Will my

plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

70 REPLIES 70

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MoreYummy wrote:

This bonus only works on plans listed above?  

I tried the build your own plan tool and it appears that the +500MB data bonus only applies to the above plans (i.e. plans with at least 2GB data / 30 days).

jp2

@will13am wrote:

@Someone_here wrote:

If only it was also for the smaller data plans... Would have loved 500mb + 500mb!

Anyways I'm sure some people will like this addition! And great to see it's also available for current customers 🙂

According to the faq, you can build your own plan.  It should be available to smaller data plans.

The calculator only adds the bonus on 2 Gb and up plans 

The bonus will only work for a plan change to what is listed.

If you're on a previous promo (ie Fall 2016), if you choose to change, your costs are going to skyrocket.

This +500 mb (or 1.5 MB on 90 day) bonus is available to all, but grandfathered plans should not do the change (in my opinion).

smp99

So they have moved from 3GB + 3GB bonus ( that never goes away ) to 6GB + 500MB bonus. So now the base plans are now more secure.

Question - what if I recently upgraded my 90day 3G plan from ProvWide to CdaWide, no cost increase, and I future dated the change to happen at the next renewal date. The date has not happened yet, so can I change plans again to get the extra data. I would have made 2 changes before the next renewal. I think I can make a case for a genuine concern that this could cause a problem. Or have people done this sort of thing before

This bonus only works on plans listed above?  

@mimmo wrote:

its not  as nice as the 3gb bonus koodo is offering, but they are not our direct compitition.  anything extra is nice is stll a bonus so thanks PM:). 

Personally, I would be more interested in plans with reduced prices rather than more days.  Bandwidth is cheap.  

@Someone_here wrote:

If only it was also for the smaller data plans... Would have loved 500mb + 500mb!

Anyways I'm sure some people will like this addition! And great to see it's also available for current customers 🙂

According to the faq, you can build your own plan.  It should be available to smaller data plans.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

its not  as nice as the 3gb bonus koodo is offering, but they are not our direct compitition.  anything extra is nice is stll a bonus so thanks PM:). 

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is a great promo. I’ll be future dating for my renewal. Better than chatr because no zones and our rewards!

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.