cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited time only: 500MB/ 30 day Bonus Data on select 3G data plans!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of October 16, 2018: These offers are now expired.

Hey Community,

We are excited to launch a limited time only bonus 500MB/ 30 days on select 3G data plans. This offer is available to new and existing customers. The bonus data can be found on select data buckets in the calculator and in one of our ready-made plans. See below for what is new, and the FAQs.

Ready-Made Plan: $40 for Canada-wide Talk, International Text, 2GB + 500MB of BONUS data at 3G speed.

In the Calculator:

30 Day

• 2 + 500 MB BONUS at 3G speed
  • 4 + 500 MB BONUS at 3G speed
  • 6 + 500 MB BONUS at 3G speed

90 Day

• 6 + 1.5 GB BONUS at 3G speed
  • 12 + 1.5 GB BONUS at 3G speed
  • 18 + 1.5 GB BONUS at 3G speed

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this promo be in market?

This offer is for a limited time only. The eventual end date that will be communicated is the last day customers can activate on our promotional plans. The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online and have not yet arrived or been activated.

How do I take advantage of this promo?

To take advantage of this offer either select the Ready-made plan of $40 for 2GB + 500MB of 3G data

OR

Use the calculator to build your own plan that includes 3G speed bonus data.

Will I keep the same

plan forever? Will my

plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

70 REPLIES 70

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How limited is this limited time offer?

@soccergirl8856, I am not being unpolite.  Your messages are all over this forum, without creating your own post for this issue.

I was simply stating the fact that you can do this yourself in one of the two fashions, and that moderator assistance isn't required.

Also, I too am a subscriber of the service and not an employee of Public Mobile.  I come to the forums to assist of my own free will and try to help everyone equally.

Jarvar

Welcome @soccergirl8856

Here is some information about how to setup autopay.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/What-is-AutoPay/m-p/22491#M19...

That should get you started and if you need more assistance, posting under that topic would probably yield some better results as most people there are talking about Autopay.

Take care.

soccergirl8856
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I only need 1 person talking to me. 

I am a customer, you guys are supposed to be polite 

This is in the wrong place.  If you need autopay setup, go into your self-serve account and do it yourself.

If you're a legacy subscriber, please call 611.

soccergirl8856

Can you please set up my autopay? 

@on2wheels  Yea, the gap is big.  there are some request that have 1GB plan promotion on other thread.  Hope they come up with one.

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Zhuoyu Agreed. There's too large a gap between the 4.5gb plan and the 1gb plan, so for $5 it's a no brainer but still.  I guess that's marketing at work and we can't fault them for that, right?

Zhuoyu

Personally, I would be more interested in plans with reduced prices rather than more days.  Bandwidth is cheap.  I can't run out off the data of my current plan, but the next lower price plan is without data. Why not creat a cheaper one?

David01

Yes, you can cancel the order and choose a new plan to be future dated. 

@umarku To recover your password you need assistance from the Moderator Team; then you can login to your account to confirm the plan is correct. First fill in this form to authenticate your account/message https://about.telus.com/authenticationform.jspa?c=pm0. Be sure to click the "Twitter" (even if you don't have a Twitter account) button and enter your Community handle as the Twitter Username".

Then immediately click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue noting that you have validated the account.

Moderator hours are: Monday to Friday, 9 am (ET) to 9 pm (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9 am (ET) - 7:30 pm (ET). Usually they answer within in a few hours, but can take 24.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

umarku
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got my sim yesterday and activated it on the $40 for 2.5 gb plan, but when i check my data usage on my phone i only seem to have a limit of 2gb. So wondering what happened to the extra 500mb i was suppose to receive? And i cant check my selfserve account to see what i got if it shows 2.5gb or 2gb as it seems the forget password dont work for my to reset my password to login

julesverne

Yes. At Walmart you can select a "packaged" plan, OR you can "Build your own" plan.

Note: when the $40 for 4.5gig plan disappeared, so did the free SIM at Walmart.

They now charge $10 again, for the SIM!

.. Andrew

@Mriley Walmart should allow you to "Build your own".  If they don't just buy the SIM and activate it at home.

If you don't need a new account immediately, perhaps wait a few days. PM's new deals seem to come out on Fridays. No guarantee of course.

There's been no announcement of that promo's demise and usually we get at least 1 day's notice.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Mriley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

? Last week signed up 2 family members for the 4.5gig $40 plan at Walmart (get free SIM and 2nd sign up referral got $10

credit)

Sadly that plan expired yesterday. 

BUT I just discovered that in a build your own plan I can get 4gig (+.5gig bonus) for $45

Question... can I sign up with a build your own plan at Walmart?Or just premade plans?

David01

Got it! An extra half a gig for free? Not bad PM, not bad at all!! 

David01

Got the 6+500MB plan. Love it!! 

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@danlee wrote:

I noticed PM still offers 3G data, how is the speed compare to 4G?  

In "real life", 3g data speeds are actually quite sufficient for most tasks. If you are dowloading/uploading large files, or a lot of files then you will see a big advantage with LTE speeds. You will also notice buffering when streaming 4k video. But for every day tasks like browsing, checking email, facebook, etc. 3g compares favorably to LTE. I have also streamed live sporting events using the TSN website, and it performs flawlessly. I actually do not notice any difference in my web-browsing on 3g or LTE. One thing to note, Public Mobile isn't true 3g. It is LTE throttled to 3 mbps. For practical purposes this means that because Public Mobile 3g actually runs on the LTE network, it doesn't suffer the extreme latency of true 3g. 

GC

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Hey @danlee

This link is a pretty good source. It should answer your questions. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/3G-vs-LTE/td-p/248442

danlee

I noticed PM still offers 3G data, how is the speed compare to 4G?  

Rdasm

I dont have much use for LTE speeds so I changed my plan to $40 starting this month. And I think its brilliant.

GreatCanadian

No need to take advantage of it if it's no good to you. But I'm betting that almost everyone else thinks it is awesome!

GC 

jp2

@frankieshi any free data is good on any plan Smiley Very Happy

frankieshi
  • 500MB/ 30 day Bonus Data on 500MB plan monthly will be great.....But not for this plan....

newfoundland

Cool!

on2wheels

yeah check the plans page out front. I joined the 2.5gb plan...for now.

jp2

Yes 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Is this still available?

@daredogg, if that’s a better plan for you, go for it.  Your current plan is 4G data, is the new one?  If you need CANADA wide calling, great! 

I was referring most specifically to the folks on the Fall Promo or the Freedom Mobile $120/90 day 12 gb data with province wide calling and global texting.

The price is so low on their plans for the combination, that it’s a hard pill to swallow as you wouldn’t be able to get the same price and technology combination for just an upgrade to Canada wide calling.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Brooke_C can you give us a "ballpark" as to when this limited time offer "may" expire? Robot wink

Need Help? Let's chat.