cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited time only: 500MB/ 30 day Bonus Data on select 3G data plans!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of October 16, 2018: These offers are now expired.

Hey Community,

We are excited to launch a limited time only bonus 500MB/ 30 days on select 3G data plans. This offer is available to new and existing customers. The bonus data can be found on select data buckets in the calculator and in one of our ready-made plans. See below for what is new, and the FAQs.

Ready-Made Plan: $40 for Canada-wide Talk, International Text, 2GB + 500MB of BONUS data at 3G speed.

In the Calculator:

30 Day

• 2 + 500 MB BONUS at 3G speed
  • 4 + 500 MB BONUS at 3G speed
  • 6 + 500 MB BONUS at 3G speed

90 Day

• 6 + 1.5 GB BONUS at 3G speed
  • 12 + 1.5 GB BONUS at 3G speed
  • 18 + 1.5 GB BONUS at 3G speed

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this promo be in market?

This offer is for a limited time only. The eventual end date that will be communicated is the last day customers can activate on our promotional plans. The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online and have not yet arrived or been activated.

How do I take advantage of this promo?

To take advantage of this offer either select the Ready-made plan of $40 for 2GB + 500MB of 3G data

OR

Use the calculator to build your own plan that includes 3G speed bonus data.

Will I keep the same

plan forever? Will my

plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

70 REPLIES 70

If you're on a previous promo (ie Fall 2016), if you choose to change, your costs are going to skyrocket.

This +500 mb (or 1.5 MB on 90 day) bonus is available to all, but grandfathered plans should not do the change (in my opinion).

Hey @stonechucker what did you mean by this? Why, in your opinion, should grandfathered plans not switch? 

I set up my original plan (Aug 2016)... 90 days, $111 for 3GB data, provincial calling, texting. I'm thinking of switching to the $30 plan for 500 MB (i don't use a lot of data), Canada-wide calling, texting. I'll essentially save $7 per month... so maybe it's not worth it.

Your thoughts?!

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Phil871 No problem. One other thing: If you are concerned about moving backward to 3G speeds vs. 4G, then if you don't use your data to stream 4k video, play intensive online games, then the 3G is awesome!! For browsing, checking email, posting your lastest mood on Facebook, it's plenty fast!

GC

Phil871
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the advice.

GreatCanadian

By the way @Phil871 if you are on the 4g plan, and still think that the 3g plan is a better deal (13.5 GB data per 90 days @3g speeds $135), you can still switch. You will keep your rewards. Just future-date your plan so you don't end up losing what you've paid for this cycle.

GC

GreatCanadian

The 6 GB plan would be a 4G plan if it's $135 for 90 days.

Have a look at the overview page when you log in to self-serve. The third section down should show your data and add-ons. If it DOESN'T state 3G, then you are on 4G LTE plan.

GC

Phil871

Thanks, I don't remember if I signed up for a 3G plan or 4G LTE originally, but I'm on a 6gb 90 days plan with Canada wide talk and text.

Nowhere in my profile can I find which plan I originally signed up for, 3G or 4G LTE.

GreatCanadian

@Phil871 By the way, if you are currently on province-wide, change it to Canada-wide. It's the same price. (That's assuming that you are on the 3G plan I mentioned in the previous post.)

GC

GreatCanadian

If you are on the current 12 GB plan (3G speed), then you're good to switch. It's the plan I was on, and I switched. You won't lose your rewards. Just be sure to future date the plan.

GC

Phil871

I'm already on a 90 days plan and paying $135, will I lose all my rewards and history when I avail of this promotion to get a better deal?

nrg_svr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Having recently switched my wife over from Rogers at $80 a month to what Public was offering at the time for $32 ($30 after auto-pay reward), namely, unlimited province wide/text and 1 GB 3G.... we've opted to switch her on next renewal to a $40 buck ($38 after auto-pay) 90 day plan with the 1500 mb bonus, which incidentally also includes Canada-wide calling on top of a very useable 7.5 gb total data.

The plan remains half what Rogers was charging, albeit a portion may have been device related. Still, it was funny when they called her after the switch from the retention department and she told them 'where was all the love for me before?'...

I'm grateful that Public Mobile exists and is competing. I often read/hear the various gripes about having just missed a promo, or having taken another plan the day before a new promo, etc.... but for me, there's always going to be another promo. That's the nature of promos. They are there to get action from potential customers... namely for people to make the switch. And once in awhile, existing customers can even make a switch for a slightly 'better' plan. My wife's new plan will net PM an extra 27%, and she'll gain some convenience of Canada-wide and 2.5 times the data in a 90 bucket which is even better..... 

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@chandlerparsons Yeah something to make the 500mb plans just that little bit more comfortable.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@strongman1708 wrote:

I called call center agent on May 7th to change my current plan (legacy) to this plan and money got deducted. but today I am not able to call any one. My network is not available.

@strongman1708 you will need to reach out to the moderator team by prviate message.  Here are all the details you will need to do so:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

strongman1708

I called call center agent on May 7th to change my current plan (legacy) to this plan and money got deducted. but today I am not able to call any one. My network is not available.

chandlerparsons
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If only this was available to 500mb plans...

UselessB

I have to check my useage, see how this will benefit me. Might even be able to downgrade. lol

GreatCanadian

@stonechucker, thanks for that. I was uncertain if that was the case.

GC

@GreatCanadian, you've done it correctly.  Future dated plan changes are locked in, so even if the plan is no longer available when the renewals come up, those plans will get this promo.

GreatCanadian

I as well am hoping that the 1.5 GB for 90 days is available for at least a few months. I have mine and my daughter's furture dated, and they will kick in over the next couple of days. However, my wife and daughter renewed their plans a few days ago. So I have them future dated to take advantage of the extra 1.5 GB in the next 90 day cycle.

GC

Yes Yes you can! Be sure to chose the option to change your plan on next renewal, not as of today!

Lindaliu

Hello,

My plan payment will be two week later,  Can I login and update the plan now  to get the 500 M bonus data.

Thank.

srlawren

@NDesai wrote:
@CalvinW wrote:

How about the LTE plans and 90 day plans? All the changes and promos recently are all about the 3G or 30 day plans.

3G is on LTE after all Smiley Tongue

@NDesai LOL you *know* that's not what @CalvinW is asking! LOL.

@CalvinW the bonus data is only for the "3G" speed data plans.  90 day plans are included and get 1.5GB bonus data (3 x 30 = 90 days, 3 x 500MB = 1.5GB), as noted in the table @Brooke_C put in the announcement.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@CalvinW wrote:

How about the LTE plans and 90 day plans? All the changes and promos recently are all about the 3G or 30 day plans.

3G is on LTE after all Smiley Tongue

CalvinW

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think what the user @rsa was trying to say that they wanted the bonus data, and their plan renewed yesterday. I think they were trying to see if they could get it backdated. This is why I advised them to contact the moderator as the promo plans just came out today.

@rsa, you can go into the plan change options, and do this yourself for your next renewal.  No need to ask the moderators to do it for you.

srlawren

@smp99 wrote:

Question - what if I recently upgraded my 90day 3G plan from ProvWide to CdaWide, no cost increase, and I future dated the change to happen at the next renewal date. The date has not happened yet, so can I change plans again to get the extra data. I would have made 2 changes before the next renewal. I think I can make a case for a genuine concern that this could cause a problem. Or have people done this sort of thing before

@smp99 you can't actually make 2 plan changes as you describe, BUT, you can cancel the pending plan change in self-serve, and then schedule a new plan change to one of these plans if you prefer. 

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rsa please contact a moderator to see if they can assist. For info on how to contact a moderator please follow the link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

rsa

My plan renewed YESTERDAY and I have 3+3GB for 90 days, can you please please change my plan to the new bonus plan?

dna2016

@Brooke_C  Nice promo offers, and so glad to see it's also available to existing customers as well.  If there's one thing that existing customers hate is when there are offers that are not available to them.

Great offer.

@smp99, go through the calculator, to see what the the new cost would be, based on the choice of Canadawide voice, and the added bonus data.  You can replace a future-dated plan change (ie hasn't gone trhough yet) with a new one if you wish.

Need Help? Let's chat.