cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited time offer: Get up to $10 off for 8 months when you activate online or in-store

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of February 4, 2020: This offer is now expired.

Update as of February 2, 2020: This offer will expire on February 3, 2020 at 11:59pm ET.

Hey Community,

Effective immediately for a limited time, new customers who activate online or in-store on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 8 months. Or receive $5 off for the first 8 months if they activate on a $15 or $25/mo plan. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4.  Select a plan.
    • $15 and $25/month plans will get $5 off for 8 months
    • Plans $35/month or higher will get $10 off for 8 months
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• This offer is availble for a limited time as of January 20th 2020 12:00AM ET 
  • Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

275 REPLIES 275

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Triguy wrote:

It is a limited time offer so it could end with little notice.  I doubt that a moderator would know when it will end.

Usually when promos state for a limited time it suggests that it's not for ever and do state an end time. Also in some  cases the limited time offers are extended and a new end time is set. Don't understand why PM just leaves the end time open.

With the last promo that ended on January 3, I don't think that even PM knew it had ended until a day or so later when they nnounced it HAD ended. The only way to ensure you get thismpromo is to activate an account now even if you don't Port your number in right away. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends today but it might carry on until January 30 as the competition has a promo ending January 30.

AE_Collector

It is a limited time offer so it could end with little notice.  I doubt that a moderator would know when it will end.

@JoeFong  a moderator will  not comment on the length of the promotion.  To ensure that you get the promotion. Go asap to a store that sells PM Sims ie Walmart,  activate your account with a temporary number (You may get the SIM for free) . Set up a my account  . You can then port your number from there at months end. Also don't forget to use a referral code to get $10 credit for your new account activation.  If you require one just ask by private message. 

@JoeFong wrote:

Could a moderator comment on when this limited time promo is expected to be finished.  Will likely port over a number by Jan 31st.

JoeFong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Could a moderator comment on when this limited time promo is expected to be finished.  Will likely port over a number by Jan 31st.

petesinfloor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Promos come and go, you never know when or what they will be.

I do not think you can reuse an activated sim, best would be to ask Simon and talk to a moderator.

Ypou would have to create a new activation , new email and so on

@amarpattnaik wrote:

I activated the sim 2 days back, but it is not working on a watch although working on iphone. But I want to de-activate or disconnect this line. Kindly let me know what is the process to de-activate.

Regards,

Amarendra

There is no process to immediately deactivate an account other than to port the phone number out to a different carrier. There really is no reason to deactivate the service at this moment because there are no refunds, especially considering that the service is working.  If you don't want to renew for the next set of 30 days, ensure that you remove any credit/debit card from your self serve account. The account will eventually expire/close.

Another opition would be to purchase a different/compatible smartwatch.

amarpattnaik

I activated the sim 2 days back, but it is not working on a watch although working on iphone. But I want to de-activate or disconnect this line. Kindly let me know what is the process to de-activate.

Regards,

Amarendra

(I am assuming that is in reference to giving someone avpromo who signed up a number of hours or days too soon or too late)

But of course then the problem becomes is less than 24 hours okay but no more? Or 2 but not 3 days? I seek biput not one month. There is really only one clear cut point to use as a cut off for promotions and that is the wording of the promotion. "IF" moderators were to look at possible exceptions I would think it "might be" where someone was in progress of signing up but it can be seen that they were locked out for an error and missed a cut off because of it OR less likely but just "maybe" where midnight Eastern created confusion for someone rushing to sign up at 10 PM Pacific. So, there wouldn't be any "missed it by a day or two or one week" exceptions. 

AE_Collector

noidea

Sometimes common sense should prevail.  3 years ago is a bit of a time gap from a day ago.  But I guess sometimes not all have common sense...

@zqdummy wrote:

If i activated a $15 plan under this promo, but I want my plan to $25 or to the $35. Will i still get the $5 off in the former or get the $10 in the latter?

Yes the wording is that you lose the promo if you change plans at all. However, I heard someone in a previous promo who wanted to move UP had a moderator do the change for them and they agreed to put the promo back on under that circumstance. I wouldn't count on it being bumped up if you went up to $35 or higher plan but if important to move up you might manage to keep it that way.

AE_Collector

dmgyeon

Just activated my sim card now! Can't wait to get the bonus!!

@zqdummy wrote:

If i activated a $15 plan under this promo, but I want my plan to $25 or to the $35. Will i still get the $5 off in the former or get the $10 in the latter?

@zqdummy  No sorry. Clearly stated in the terms.

If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

@zqdummy  If you change your plan you will lose the promo. If you need more minutes just purchase the $5/500 min add on. It stays on your account til you use it up.

zqdummy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Paddle8 wrote:

How do I cancel to get this deal? Can I close my account from self serve and reuse the same SIM?

I thought the promos were over and activated the other week. 

You can always get another SIM and start a new account and abandon your old one. Or port out and back. You can't use the same SIM in either case.

Paddle8

How do I cancel to get this deal? Can I close my account from self serve and reuse the same SIM?

I thought the promos were over and activated the other week. 

petesinfloor

If you read the details in the offer it says it will be automatically added each month

Yes it is @Sarah06060 . Welcome to PM. 

@Sarah06060 wrote:

I just got new sim card and activate in store today Jan 25th with $40/month plan, I am wondering is this offer still working? On the public mobile plan website page, it still shows the deal. But now, I log in to my account I don't see any promotion.

@Sarah06060 

@Sarah06060 wrote:

I just got new sim card and activate in store today Jan 25th with $40/month plan, I am wondering is this offer still working? On the public mobile plan website page, it still shows the deal. But now, I log in to my account I don't see any promotion.

Don’t worry. It will not show up right now. Within 30 days and then at each renewal date afterwards. 

Sarah06060

KBent7

Interesting I noticed that on my first invoice which is today when I activated the $15 Monthly plan the $5 discount wasn't applied.  After reading the text, I see that applies starting next month for the next 8 months.  Thank you!

You Don't, it's automatically added in months 2 to 9. Welcome to PM @Shaveta .

@Shaveta wrote:

Hi, I just activated my account today with a 15 dollar plan but the 5 dollar discount is not showing up. How do I add the discount?

@Shaveta wrote:

Hi, I just activated my account today with a 15 dollar plan but the 5 dollar discount is not showing up. How do I add the discount?

Up to 30 days.

• The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shaveta wrote:

You will receive your $5 credit within 30 days after activation.

Read the offer details

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/10off-8months

Shaveta

@photoblair wrote:

Thank you for the reply. Looks like a lot of work, so I'll chalk it up to experience. 

Cheers! 

@photoblair  Yeah you have to decide if it's worth the trouble. I was in the same boat as you when I joined. I've made up for it in rewards....down to $5 A month for two accounts!

photoblair

Thank you for the reply. Looks like a lot of work, so I'll chalk it up to experience. 

Cheers! 

@risaak wrote:

Hi there I just activate a week ago. Can I still get this discount? 

@risaak  See my reply to  @photoblair above if you are so inclined.

catchat3

Great promo!

Need Help? Let's chat.