cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited time offer: Get up to $10 off for 8 months when you activate online or in-store

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of February 4, 2020: This offer is now expired.

Update as of February 2, 2020: This offer will expire on February 3, 2020 at 11:59pm ET.

Hey Community,

Effective immediately for a limited time, new customers who activate online or in-store on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 8 months. Or receive $5 off for the first 8 months if they activate on a $15 or $25/mo plan. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4.  Select a plan.
    • $15 and $25/month plans will get $5 off for 8 months
    • Plans $35/month or higher will get $10 off for 8 months
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• This offer is availble for a limited time as of January 20th 2020 12:00AM ET 
  • Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

275 REPLIES 275

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Tiana_V Is it possible to change this part of the annoucement?

"All customers that activated on January 20th will receive this promotion"

I've read a few message from people who think that this promotion was only on that one day because of this statement.

I have made an update 🙂 

@Joelkim wrote:

I wished you could offer $50/10.5GB for exiting customers. I think this is unfair for us 😞 

Plan doesn't exist for new customers either.

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Yes!! I will wait another months for the new plan. 😄

@Joelkim   You never know what new plans pm will come up with. There were some limited time larger 10/12gb plans on offer last fall. Hopefully they will offer a few more this year to retain and/or lure new customers to the pm family.

Joelkim

I wished you could offer $50/10.5GB for exiting customers. I think this is unfair for us 😞 

@graceeeyang wrote:

Once I sign up for a plan during this time period, I receive the credit automatically within 30 days of activation? Nothing further I need to do, or nothing else regarding this promotion that should show up in my account right?

• The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

graceeeyang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Once I sign up for a plan during this time period, I receive the credit automatically within 30 days of activation? Nothing further I need to do, or nothing else regarding this promotion that should show up in my account right?

Fortunately it is the 22nd today so not a problem!

AE_Collector

ahnseong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The limited time offer is still available for every new customer but not till January 20th. 

@Simonhan wrote:

Can I can this $10 off for 8 month?  I activate PM on Jan 22,

only if you activated a $35, $40, or $50 plan

@Simonhan wrote:

@Simonhan 

Yes, you did qualify for this promotion.

Simonhan

@jsmarjara wrote:

The website is still showing $10 and $5 off offer. Does this extended or it was valid till 20th Jan 2020 only

This promotion started on January 20.

@Tiana_V Is it possible to change this part of the annoucement?

"All customers that activated on January 20th will receive this promotion"

I've read a few message from people who think that this promotion was only on that one day because of this statement.

@jsmarjara wrote:

The website is still showing $10 and $5 off offer. Does this extended or it was valid till 20th Jan 2020 only

It's still ongoing so act fast don't forget to enter a referral code for an additional $10 sign up bonus!

jsmarjara
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow!  Very attractive promo.

buiya

yeah!! Happy new lunar new year everyone!

@Tav  That's awesome. Unless their phone is older than December 2017 it should already be unlocked. If its from telus or koodo it will work on public mobile without unlocking it but always a good idea to do so. Just make sure the account is still active when porting in the number.

Tav

Got one of my family members a sim card as part of their Christmas gift and was waiting for a promo.

Signed her up last night to make sure she got the promo.

Gonna port her number in a few days when when she has some time to contact her current provider to have her phone unlocked and can have some downtime during the switch.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Clive2 wrote:

Link to the promotion plz

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/10off-8months

or from the OP on this thread.

Clive2

K np

@Clive2 wrote:

Im old, all good, you will understand one day

Oh I am getting there Clive the body feels it everyday lol.  

Sorry I had hit accept as the solution instead of a reply so you will get a notification about that but I removed it

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Clive2

Im old, all good, you will understand one day

@Clive2 wrote:

Very first post in this thread has all the details.  It is for new customers only though.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Clive2

@rcheung28   Yes @computergeek541 is correct. This is one of those times being on the west coast and Pacific time works out for you. Certain things on your account will appear dated correctly to our time zone and others will be eastern. In the case of the beginning and end of promotions the eastern time zone stands despite the date appearing the day before. Keep this in mind when paying for your account/renewal it is at 8:59pm pt or 11:59pm et. This applies to US roaming add ons for start times and expiry. In your usage in your account texts are recorded at eastern time as well as unanswered calls. Answered calls are recorded at Pacific time. Just an FYI.

@rcheung28 wrote:

I missed the promo by 31 minutes. I signed up on January 19th, 11:29PM PT.

PM tends to put their announcements in ET time including this one, and by that logic my plan would've been activated on Jan 20th 2:29AM ET. 

But too bad my account self serve page says 19th. Sooooo bummed out.

Your activation happened within the stated promotional period. You are eligible.

porcupine

thats great news i am setting up my cousins phone on thursday 25 dollar plan

deuscies

Just got my first plan ever! So glad to be with PM!

@jxn  Unfortunately if you activated on the 19th you are not eligible. Did you  activate late on the 19th....on the west coast maybe?

Need Help? Let's chat.