Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited time bonus data on 4G plans has come to an end

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We wanted to let you know that our 4G limited time bonus data on our 3GB (+1GB) and 5GB (+1GB) plans has come to an end. As summer has turned into fall, our limited time bonus offers have also had to go.

No need to worry; stay tuned for future promotions!

-Public Mobile Community Team

49 REPLIES 49

@RLBL

I don't understand what you mean by government plans? (for Quebec at least, I don't know about Saskatchewan and Manitoba)

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Someone_here

It is relevant to me... I live in the Ottawa Valley. 

People in QC (or any province that has gov plans) know about their goverment plans though (they have always been better, and I am terribly jealous).  Heck, even Rogers has amazing plans in those provinces.

My point is: for the people who live there, it is obvious what they can get because everyone is in competition. For those who don't, it is not relevant that the pricing is available to those who live there (that is, unless one wishes to jump through hoops to get those plans out of province - has that hole been completely plugged?). It is just fuel to get people's blood boiling.

Not trying to argue, just stating the obvious

@RLBL wrote:

@Someone_here That I totally irrelevant (unless you live in QC).  SK and MB have similar plans. 

Well, I assume some of the people here live in Quebec (or Saskatchewan or Manitoba for that matter). They may found this interesting.

And, a bit like you said, it provides a comparison about what prices can/could be. Especially since Koodo and PM belongs to the same company and uses the same network.

It's possible that it's totally irrelevant to you, but maybe not to everyone... You're not alone here 😉

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stonechucker I'm with you on this one - and curling has already started for some.  Hockey?? who cares???

RLBL

@Someone_here That I totally irrelevant (unless you live in QC).  SK and MB have similar plans.  Those provinces have government carriers (excuse the innacurracy) so that is driving the prices down and everyone has to compete.  There are two things I will say about that though:

1. It does make me think about what the real costs for providing services are... or maybe provinces like ON are subsidising QC

2. If you do live in the Ottawa Area (as you posted a QC plan), why not check out Videotron (they have an excellent promo on right now, and it is available to Ottawa residents, unlike the Koodo plan)

Hockey?  A bright side?  Pfft!

Curling baby!!!!!

All good things must come to an end, but on the bright side: Hockey starts next week!

denkom

Won't be easy to refer people now with this new pricing.

@sg It is a rarely used feature of Public Mobile, but you can renew a plan early. So, if you take the 15 GB plan and have used all the data in two months you may renew it a month early by:

1. making a 1 time payment equal to the plan cost,

2. sending a private message to the moderators requesting early renewal.

18 GB is still available on a 3G plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.  I wonder what is coming our way next?!?!?!?

Even the current pricing I think is  a good deal.  5 GB for $60.  I looked at Telus and for 4+1 GB global texting and 300 Local minutes it is $85 (This was BYOD)

Meanwhile in Quebec (Koodo)...Screenshot_20170926-115743.png

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sg  I was just looking at the planner and still see the 12gb for 150$  and 18gb for 180 so it might still be possible to get the plan, not sure for how much longer it will be available since it is ofically over, time is not on your side.  

sg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yeah, I need at least 6 gigs of data per month and this was the first time that PM offered the option. I will have to get a SIM today!

@sg wrote:

OH NO!

I was ready to jump ship from Fido after many years. Saw the 18Gig/CanadaWide/GlobalText deal for 65 and was planning to get a SIM card today. I guess I should just keep an eye out here for future deals. I'm mostly upset cuz I can't say bye to Fido (just yet).

If I were you I would go and buy a SIM right now, so when the good promo comes you'll be ready... Promos tend not to have a long lifespan recently...

sg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

OH NO!

I was ready to jump ship from Fido after many years. Saw the 18Gig/CanadaWide/GlobalText deal for 65 and was planning to get a SIM card today. I guess I should just keep an eye out here for future deals. I'm mostly upset cuz I can't say bye to Fido (just yet).

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jeremy_M thanks for the official announcement.

Please correct me if i am mistaken.  but if i remember correctly (the announcement was changed), it  stated something to the effect" once an end date is communicated the promo will no longer be honoured.  It seems like you pulled the promo yesterday without notice and announced it today. 

The 12gb promo was a little better in that you gave a less than a days notice.  (mind you it still in the self serve planner for longer)

The changed  4g announcement however states that Sept  19 was  the last day to activate the plan which makes things even more confusing.

Personally i think PM should give at least 5 days  notice so that people who order a sim card online are able to get the promos.  Walmarts and WOW mobiles are not in every city. And PM is primarily an online retailer.  

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Public Mobile giveth, and Public Mobile taketh. 

torontokris

The plans are still not bad... 3GB LTE $50 - 5GB LTE $60 -

However for not getting a phone, and no direct customer service I think they should be cheaper / keep the bonus data to try and lure new customers.

Lets hope for a pre-Black Friday special like last year

Thanks for the heads up.  I wonder what is coming our way next?!?!?!?

Even the current pricing I think is  a good deal.  5 GB for $60.  I looked at Telus and for 4+1 GB global texting and 300 Local minutes it is $85 (This was BYOD)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mtfolks

Oh well. Looks like the 3G bonuses are still active. 

The removal of the 4G bonuses definitely effects the value of those plans but still an improvement over a few months ago. 

Look forward to seeing what future offers look like. 

Need Help? Let's chat.