Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited time bonus data on 4G plans has come to an end

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We wanted to let you know that our 4G limited time bonus data on our 3GB (+1GB) and 5GB (+1GB) plans has come to an end. As summer has turned into fall, our limited time bonus offers have also had to go.

No need to worry; stay tuned for future promotions!

-Public Mobile Community Team

49 REPLIES 49

shadowbanker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@imm1304 wrote:

Hi @shadowbanker!

Welcome aboard!  I hope you enjoy the savings and awesome network of PM/Telus as much as I do.  Let the savings begin 😄

Thank you friend, I really do like it and enjoy the call clarity. I've been with Fido since the early 2000s and watched it slowly erode in value and technology under Rogers. It's a shame because it used to be a great carrier, the first one in Canada to use GSM, and now it has become a depressing afterthought. Muffled call quality, slow Internet speed, terrible customer service, basically a mini Rogers! 😄 Even their loyalty plans which were quite good have become total crap!

Until last fall (2016), there had never been a promo from the non-beta Public Mobile.

In the major markets, regular plans are still a savings over similar big 3 plans, especially if you do not need regular Canada wide voice.

promos when they happen, just pop up, and unfortunately, the end dates either are very quick when you need to have a new sim card on hand to act, and be watching at the time of said promo.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is there a reason why the Public Mobile promotional plans come and go so abruptly?

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Sad to see the promotions go. Glad to see the rest of the plans have not jumped back up. Looking forward to the future promotions. Promotions appear to become a big part of Public Mobile marketing and business plan for an overall no frill, good priced cell phone service provider. Thanks for the update.

Triste de voir les promotions aller. Heureux de voir le reste des plans n'ont pas remonte. Dans l'attente des prochaines promotions. Les promotions semblent devenir une grande partie du marketing et du plan commercial d'Public Mobile pour un fournisseur global de services de telephones cellulaires sans rabais. Merci pour la mise a jour.

pratchak

Thanks for the update. 

@zmawani wrote:

I'm waiting for the next promotion to switch my grandmother. The promotion that was offered this time wasn't really what she needed

It looks like most PM promos are geared towards the average (to high-ish, depending on perspective 😉 ) data user. Exeption was the talk and text promo this spring.

The later has now been replaced by even better every day pricing (spring promo was $81 before rewards, new standard pricing is $75 before rewards). It's really nice, and something that I haven't seen with other providers, that talk, text or talk&text plans can be combined with the data add-ons. Since the data on a Canada wide data add-on doesn't expire until used up they are a nice option for people who usually don't use data on the go but want the flexibility to have it available when they want to check their e-mails or social media, google maps etc the odd time they need it.

zmawani

I'm waiting for the next promotion to switch my grandmother. The promotion that was offered this time wasn't really what she needed

Michael77

Bye...... bye bonus data. I am looking forward to the next promotion. 🙂

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @shadowbanker!

Welcome aboard!  I hope you enjoy the savings and awesome network of PM/Telus as much as I do.  Let the savings begin 😄

shadowbanker

I just jumped ship from Fido and to be honest couldn't be happier! I'm on the $45 12GB LTE plan and the voice quality of the calls alone was worth the move. Andvm is a lot better too (10 msgs compared to the **bleep**ty mini vm Fido has unless you pay extra $5 a month for visual vm).

I was on a loyalty plan with Fido and under it I was paying $10 for 1GB overage. Surely enough they changed it and I got dinged $7 for 100 MB. What a joke! For what I paid Fido with PM I get twice the LTE data.

Thx for updating Jeremy 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

MissingSix
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just a heads up, although it doesn't say it on the Plan portion of the website when I went to actually register my SIM today the 9+3 LTE option was still available.

I was pretty bummed that I had missed the promotion, but it looks like there is still a bit of time for new applicants!

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mary_M wrote:

Hey @simonk

sorry to hear that you didn't have time to take advantage of the offer! Rest assured that more promos are coming, as they have been 😉 Keep an eye on our website!

Cheers,

Mary

@Mary_M @Jeremy_M should have announce at least 3 days in advance, when the Promo bonus will end, oh well

Slammer111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is frustrating. I have 2 referrals who ordered their SIMs last week and just had the rug pulled out from under them. Their SIMs are still in the mail. (The local WOW store was out when we went last week)

Moderators, is there anything you guys can do? Thanks in advance. 

Acekiller

Can't wait till the next one.  

boywithnoname

I'm glad I was able to get the additional data on the 4G plans before they ended. 

I look forward to seeing what sort of new offers Public will have in the future. For now I'm quite pleased with my current 90-day plan which is very similar to what I was getting over at Freedom Mobile.

justmag

I just switched my plan to that right now after reading this, Thanks to you! 

tomatto

I was also able to choose the 5GB+1GB Bonus 4G LTE plan when activating my SIM card last night. I am glad the option was still there, as I ordered a SIM card just to take advantage of this plan.

I'm guessing they might leave the bonus plan available for a few days after they stop advertising it to give people a chance to sign up if they ordered a SIM card. It looks like it's still in the list now when I go to change my plan (as of Sept 27).

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @simonk

sorry to hear that you didn't have time to take advantage of the offer! Rest assured that more promos are coming, as they have been 😉 Keep an eye on our website!

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

simonk

I checked the WOW store but was told they were all sold out of the sim cards so I ordered it online and the day before the sim card arrived the deal ended.  I guess I will have to go with the Freedom mobile for their 6gb for $40 for now.  

Thanks for nothing,

SimonK

@Jeremy_M wrote:

Hey Community,

We wanted to let you know that our 4G limited time bonus data on our 3GB (+1GB) and 5GB (+1GB) plans has come to an end. As summer has turned into fall, our limited time bonus offers have also had to go.

No need to worry; stay tuned for future promotions!

-Public Mobile Community Team

sg

Got a SIM yesterday, activated this morning. 18Gig! YAS! I am in. Thank you for this.

@Someone_here wrote:

@RLBL wrote:

@Someone_here SK, MB and QC have crown corporations operating in their provinces which drives the prices down because everyone has to compete against them:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/cellphone-wireless-competition-1.3784339

It doesn't talk about a crown corporation in Quebec, only a 4th competitor 😉

Thanks for the link, interesting reading!

SaskTel is the only crown company left. MTS was one, but now they're not, and are now owned by Bell (Bell MTS).

But regardless if a company is a crown or not, more companies mean more competition. If you live in Ottawa/ QC id recommend Videotron. Only because everyone else bases prices off them when a promo happens

Koodo still hasn't closed the loophole to get a QC plan in Ontario. I'd recommend that for people everywhere else

sudosandwich

Interesting. I literally just activated my sim (9/26), and was still able to choose the 5GB + 1GB Bonus 4G LTE plan.

zoomzoom87

Get the Sim card regardless. You can switch way quicker once you already have one. Heck even get a few. Give em away for free in exchange for a referral 

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The price of the new 4G plan is more reasonable. Wating for the new promo. Hope the 4G 40 bucks will back.

RLBL

@Someone_here

yeah might not be a crown, but Videtron is a provincially funded entity (so I am told) so everyone has to compete.

They currently have a deal:

$50 = 6GB unl. nationwide

@RLBL wrote:

@Someone_here SK, MB and QC have crown corporations operating in their provinces which drives the prices down because everyone has to compete against them:

It doesn't talk about a crown corporation in Quebec, only a 4th competitor 😉

Thanks for the link, interesting reading!

yuenep

i was going to sign up but just received my SIM card.  And you announced the plan that I wanted for 4G stopped... Anything you can do for me?

RLBL

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

The current plans are better than those plans when 3G came out for now. 🙂

Lets wait for next promo to refer more.

Need Help? Let's chat.