Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Limited Time Offer: BONUS Data on 4G LTE plans

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This promotion is no longer available

Hey Community!

For a limited time, we're offering you bonus 4G LTE data when you activate on a 90-day plan. During this promotional period, we're featuring three amazing plans:

Length

Talk

Text

Data at 4G LTE Speed

Price

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Province-Wide Talk

Unlimited Global Text

3GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 2GB / 30 days

$150

= $50 / 30 days

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

6GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 3GB / 30 days

$180

= $60 / 30 days

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

12GB + 6GB Bonus Data

= 6GB / 30 days

$225

= $75 / 30 days

Interested? Here’s how to score one of these deals.

First, you’ll need a SIM card. You can order one here or visit a participating Walmart or WOW! mobile boutique to purchase. Once you have your SIM card in hand, follow these easy steps:

1. Activate your SIM card here.
  2. After you’ve entered your information and selected a phone number or ported over your number from another provider, you’ll be prompted to choose a plan. Select the following combination to score this limited time offer:
  • 90-day pass
  • Unlimited Province-Wide Talk
  • Unlimited Global Text
  • Your desired data allotment:

3GB at 4G LTE Speed (+3GB Bonus) = 2GB / 30 days

6GB at 4G LTE Speed (+3GB Bonus) = 3GB / 30 days

12GB at 4G LTE Speed (+6GB Bonus) = 6GB / 30 days

1. Select your payment method and finalize the rest of the activation process.

Things to know

• This promotional bonus data offer is for a limited time only.
  • September 19th 8:00 am (EDT) was the last day you can activate on our promotional plans. The promotion will not be honored after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Public Mobile Community Team

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
322 REPLIES 322

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Just be patient guys, there's a big backlog at the moment. I'm sure they'll get to you guys tomorrow.

Michael77
Be patient. Hopefully a moderator will help you soon. 🙂

poke53
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
A moderator emailed me yesterday requesting for more information but I havent heard back from him/her since. Hope they will get back to me tomorrow 😞

Michael77
I've tagged the moderators for you.

@CS_Agent

lisalind
Ive been trying for a day to speak to a moderator through pm and no one has resonded...any suggestions

mimmo

since you are still able to pick the 500 mb plan /90 days then i think PM should honour the promo. especially since the anouncement just dissapearded instead of announcing an end date.  just give them a couple days to clear the backlog.  500mb used to last me a month.  so just be carefule and turn your data on and off as needed.

poke53
I did, but sadly, I still dont think I am going to survive three months with 500MB 😞

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@poke53 wrote:
Currently using a xiaomi note 3 pro I bought online.

A few things that you can do to limit the amount of data used on your phone:

If you're using Google's Chome browser, head into Settings > Data Saver and turn it on. This will compress any content that isn't delivered over an HTTPS connection (or viewed in an Incognito tab) and can save you a decent amount of data when browsing.

Restrict the amount of data that background apps can use by navigating to the Security app, tap on the Settings icon and then select Data usage. From there, set your mobile data limit, and switch Allow background data to Off

jshmeek

@poke53 wrote:
I mean I activated the sim card 1pm today.. didnt know promo just expired without any notifcation.

That's very interesting that you could select the plan still. I'm sure if you just explain the situation to the mods, they'll still honor the deal.

poke53
Currently using a xiaomi note 3 pro I bought online.

poke53
I mean I activated the sim card 1pm today.. didnt know promo just expired without any notifcation.

Rockdaddy22
@poke53 who said you'd have to wait 3months? At most, a couple days maybe.

skmkenn

@poke53 wrote:
I am on my first day and I have already used 100MB... I do not know how I am going to survive for three more months o.0 Please help me 😞

@poke53 What phone are you currently using?

poke53
I am on my first day and I have already used 100MB... I do not know how I am going to survive for three more months o.0 Please help me 😞

themisfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Same boat here. I have a sim and was going to register my daughter this weekend. Is there any way to still get this offer.

“Once an end date is communicated it is the last day you can activate on our promotional plans. The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online and have not yet arrived or been activated.”

THERE WAS NO COMMUNICATED END DATE. It’s just gone.

Rockdaddy22
I'm sure they're working as hard as possible to get to everyone in a timely manner

poke53
Idk if i will survive for that long 😞

jshmeek

@poke53 wrote:
I did, but I think they are too busy. The longer this drags out, the more I will be in more trouble. I just checked my usage and I already used 40MB.

I had a feeling giving 500mb would cause these problems. If all goes well, you'll have that data by the end of the weekend. But last time I waited for the 12gb top up, it took a week from activation.

skmkenn

@poke53 wrote:
I did, but I think they are too busy. The longer this drags out, the more I will be in more trouble. I just checked my usage and I already used 40MB.

What type of phone are you using?

jshmeek

@poke53 wrote:
No the fking receipt, i mean its non refundable once open and i know i was gonna do it on weekend anyways. If i knew the promo expire the same day as the redflagdeal posting, i wouldnt of wasted time reading all the procedures and apn setting adjustment.

Ah, the beauty of a carrier running a 24 hour promo. Hopefully that will be the last time (unlikely).

poke53

skmkenn

@poke53 since you've already ported your number over the best course of action at this point as previously mentioned would be to contact the moderator team.

In your message include your email address, the Freedom Mobile number that you ported over, and when/where you purchased your SIM card (August 17th at Walmart in this case). While the promotion has expired, they may be willing to help you out as a goodwill gesture.

poke53
No the fking receipt, i mean its non refundable once open and i know i was gonna do it on weekend anyways. If i knew the promo expire the same day as the redflagdeal posting, i wouldnt of wasted time reading all the procedures and apn setting adjustment.

Rockdaddy22
You through out brand new working sims?

poke53
I threw them out already cu i know its nonrefundable...two days ago was when redflagdeal posted the deal, i didnt think public mobile promos would expire in two days.

SD08

@poke53 wrote:
I got the sim card from my local walmart two days ago and wanted to read up the instructions etc and port on weekend...

@poke53

Two days ago would be Aug.17, the last day the promo was available.  I'm not sure if they honour the promo for SIMs bought in-store, but it doesn't hurt to try.  I suggest sending them a message explaining your situation and include your account info as well as a photo of your Walmart purchase receipt.  Hopefully, they can help you.  Be patient, as they are currently dealing with a lot of service requests due to a glitch.  In the meantime, I suggest you be sparing with your data usage, since it may be a few days before the extra data is added, if they do decide to honour it for you.

poke53
I got the sim card from my local walmart two days ago and wanted to read up the instructions etc and port on weekend...

Tracysolano77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I change my plan to one of this but my line was cancelled today.

SD08

@poke53

Did you order your SIM card from the Public Mobile site?  If you ordered a SIM online on either Aug 16 (when the promo was first posted) or Aug 17 (the day it was removed), then the moderators should be able to honour the promo for you.  In that case, you should

click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Include your account #, phone number, and most importantly, the order number from the confirmation e-mail you would have received when you placed the SIM order.  Be sure to tell them you were going for the promo here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Expired-Limited-Time-Offer-for-Freedom-...

poke53

I literally just ported like 2 hours ago.....I didn't realize this promo is over.

Even if I can wait and hope for the next promo, I won't be eligible anymore because I've already ported my Freedom Mobile number, and I'm now stuck with the 500MB plan for 90 days....OOOOOOO SHT.

Need Help? Let's chat.