cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Let's do coffee! A cup of joe with your Public Community Team...

^Did not know that. Although I would love to visit those places one day and Alaska
makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Now if only finding this place will be as easy as 123. But cannot wait, squealing with joy

Martin
Legend

chuk,

It was a joke. 🙂

I lived in Pelly Bay, NU for close to a year. It was a hamlet of less than 300 people, including 5 from the "South".

It was 110 miles by skidoo from the nearest settlement.

Being north of the Arctic circle, we had 24 hours of sunshine, and 24 hours of darkness.

It was truly a great cultural experience!
chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

^You knows I had always heard that some places on the Planet had 24 hours day light for few months then 24 hours of night time for few months, what I didn't know was those places were in Canada. I only recently found this out. Not sure or I don't recall learning about this in history class in high school.

It's my dream to visit these places.
Martin
Legend

chuk,

Any location above the Arctic Circle has 24 hours of complete darkness, and 24 hours of complete light. The further north of the Arctic Circle that one is determines the number of days or months of complete darkness and light.

Pelly Bay is about 100 miles above the Arctic Circle. That meant we had about 3 months each of complete darkness and light. At other times, when leading up to complete darkness, we had days of only 15 minutes of light. Equally, when approaching 24 hours of light, we had days of only 15 minutes of darkness.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I am currently at the PWC building, 2nd floor, Starbucks place, wondering, how would We know which is which in PM mods for this Thing exactly?

Martin
Legend

makkakn28,

In order to differentiate one person from another, look at their name tags. If one person is acting as a taskmaster, it must be Mansi, especially if she has a whip. 🙂
Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired

Hi @makkahn28,

Our pictures are pinned to our profiles so you won't have any issues identifying us. And we will see you at 5.

@Martin,

Thanks for describing me though I don't carry a whip Smiley Tongue

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

The location, Is it the Starbucks with a Buster's Sea Cove and a Thai express? Can't fully determine location. Hoping I'm at correct place. Not fully sure. When I asked, was told address was 125 Bremmer St. Yet I entered 18 York, PWC building, Hoping its not some easter egg hunt, April fools joke, or some mean prank. I came because that's how much I really love this carrier. That's dedication

Martin
Legend

makkahn28,

If you have the invite on your phone or in hard copy, show it to one of the uniformed security guards. He/she should be able to tell you how to get to the PM get together.
Need Help? Let's chat.