cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's do coffee! A cup of joe with your Public Community Team...

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Toronto Community-goers !

Do you have feedback or ideas you would like to share with us? If so, you can post it here, in our Public Lab, or better yet meet us for coffee – our treat for the first 10 Community members:

Dates:

Tuesday, April 14th 5-6pm

Wednesday, April 15th 12-1pm

Starbucks @18 York Street (PwC Building at the northwest corner of York & Bremner) 2nd floor has a new food court with lots of space to chat! Rain or shine (even snow) it is all connected to Union Station if you’re willing to brave the winding ways of the Path system.

Get directions here

PATH map

It is just a casual affair to put faces to the names, and maybe get some new ideas brewing! Moid_I, Mansi_G, Jeremy_M & Caroline_B, Mat_F.

See you there!

Coffee.png

30 REPLIES 30

ckritz1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I like the PM touch

Also, for those who may not always be aware, Beta has NO time period. If service is deemed ready for public, that's when it will be released. But until then, Beta isn't going anywhere soon. I believe that's the correct thing. Let's not stumble, but let's get it right for all to enjoy. That's the PM touch. 

Thank you @Martin. Was disappointed at lack of ppl coming, but yes, had PM team's undivided attention. Asked all the questions, concerns, inquiries, so that at the end of the day, the Mass clientele can have the most pleasant, enjoyable, excellent service possible. A win-win for PM and the clientele.

Cannot say. They are concentrating on The Core stuff, Popular stuff at the moment, and of course technical stuff too. Plus, They're not as fully staffed like other carriers, so they must work within their means. Plus, with fact that PM in this concept is very unique, first of its kind in Canada, b4 PM can begin to expand, first thing is ensure network is viable, Client is happy, service is delivered with as little disruptions possible. That takes time. If they did, per say, get to the level of sophistication and reliance where previous services on CDMA era were given a second chance, above what we're receiving, and prices were within reason, and terms were in best possible condition, I could see Telus possibly maybe taking extraordinary step in rolling out this New Service concept. Plus, I did mentioned bout Where Handsets can bought if Finding store where you don't have to sign as a client, and such, they are seriously looking into this, as PM is a BYOD, being able to find your Phone mate can be difficult. If you wanted Samsung 6, or Moto X 2nd Gen, or Nexus 6, example, can't hop to Your nearest doorbell for it, online even, or Rogers, Fido, or some Windy place out there. They will make you yield to them as a # so and so client, and then there's contracts, Sim prices, Rubbish. Telus online store, Koodo stores for their Purple label phones, Or WalMart's or Best Buy's Sad prepaid selection, or staples somewhat more palatable selection. Plus, When I mentioned bout SMS Short Codes, Was informed at how carriers are given the bill from owners of specific short codes in a roughly 90 day cycle, how prepaid is a bit hard to do, but not impossible, if Carriers made arrangements with those businesses on using a Wallet system, topping up, etc, then possibly, not saying yes, but at least a possibility. Roaming is more like later down the road, as they haven't ruled it out, just simmering first, they need to get the priorities in line first. Also, brought up the Technical support stuff. Suggested that maybe PM Moderators, as a Last possible resort, if all else fails, pm client and have client contact them for one on one talk, haven't brought up the Echat, time constraints, but I believe that all in all, all resources will be used, plus I even suggested that they perhaps have a link for APN Set-up for BB, Android, Apple, so that ppl will have the means to get all the info, without having to ask as much, and of course, for most common troubleshooting, easy ones, some intermediate, but the tougher ones would require more expertise, but common easy ones have a YT tutorial on these, so that ppl can learn the ropes of this. Now I did say, and yes, its not something I like personally, but if ppl can't or don't have the patience or willingness to adapt, that maybe then that a return to the Postpaid line is more in line. Not wanting to sound harsh, really loathe myself for that, but its unfortunately a fact. PM is a BYOD and a DIYS carrier, so that prices are at relative reasonable price, which I understand. We need to adapt to new way of things. Understanding how this works is key in successful relationship.

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

I'm glad that you had a good time.

Unfortunately, more people didn't attend, but, on the flip side, you had the PM team all to yourself.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^Too bad others didn't show up. I hope you enjoyed it. Any idea how soon any of those ideas you mentioned will be implemented

I, Me, Myself. No body else showed up. Surprised. But, had the undivided attention of PM Team. Asked the tough questions, brought up the Valid Ideas that will help PM become even more viable, so that everyone who's proud to be a PM Client will ultimately be as happy as New England Clam Chowder. That's the PM experience that Money can not buy.

chukdefatey
^Thanks for the info, How many community members showed up?

Hi. That was very refreshing. Learned quite a bit from the PM Team. How the industry works to degree, Tri-Sims are quite flexible, if using the nano, and need to slip back for micro or regular size, no need for adapter, Sims already have ability for Tablet use, very good, PM's possible goals, SMS Short Code premium messaging, Wallet, Roaming, all the info, Very intrigued. Encouraged by this, PM may actually succeed. Place thy faith, in Public Mobile, and PM will reward the mass clients. Yes, I see a Bright future ahead.

ckritz1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What he said

Amasa.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I could use a good cup of Java right about now. Sorry I will miss it.

Cheers

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

If you have the invite on your phone or in hard copy, show it to one of the uniformed security guards. He/she should be able to tell you how to get to the PM get together.

The location, Is it the Starbucks with a Buster's Sea Cove and a Thai express? Can't fully determine location. Hoping I'm at correct place. Not fully sure. When I asked, was told address was 125 Bremmer St. Yet I entered 18 York, PWC building, Hoping its not some easter egg hunt, April fools joke, or some mean prank. I came because that's how much I really love this carrier. That's dedication

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @makkahn28,

Our pictures are pinned to our profiles so you won't have any issues identifying us. And we will see you at 5.

@Martin,

Thanks for describing me though I don't carry a whip Smiley Tongue

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkakn28,

In order to differentiate one person from another, look at their name tags. If one person is acting as a taskmaster, it must be Mansi, especially if she has a whip. 🙂

I am currently at the PWC building, 2nd floor, Starbucks place, wondering, how would We know which is which in PM mods for this Thing exactly?

Martin
Legend
Legend

chuk,

Any location above the Arctic Circle has 24 hours of complete darkness, and 24 hours of complete light. The further north of the Arctic Circle that one is determines the number of days or months of complete darkness and light.

Pelly Bay is about 100 miles above the Arctic Circle. That meant we had about 3 months each of complete darkness and light. At other times, when leading up to complete darkness, we had days of only 15 minutes of light. Equally, when approaching 24 hours of light, we had days of only 15 minutes of darkness.

chukdefatey
^You knows I had always heard that some places on the Planet had 24 hours day light for few months then 24 hours of night time for few months, what I didn't know was those places were in Canada. I only recently found this out. Not sure or I don't recall learning about this in history class in high school.

It's my dream to visit these places.

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

It was a joke. 🙂

I lived in Pelly Bay, NU for close to a year. It was a hamlet of less than 300 people, including 5 from the "South".

It was 110 miles by skidoo from the nearest settlement.

Being north of the Arctic circle, we had 24 hours of sunshine, and 24 hours of darkness.

It was truly a great cultural experience!

Now if only finding this place will be as easy as 123. But cannot wait, squealing with joy

chukdefatey
^Did not know that. Although I would love to visit those places one day and Alaska

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Regarding NT, NU and YT, it's a well-known scientific fact that signals transmitted in very cold weather eventually freeze and fall to earth, thus making cellphone communication with and in the North 99.99% impossible.

Leo-Lennox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Gosh that would be nice. I'll watch for your visit to Whitehorse where we have two Starbucks just waiting for you.

PS:

Why is there no region of NT, NU & YT to be selected from the home page?

Hmmmmm, well, when I'm at that event, I'll have the different coffees set so that we can salute your presence, even if one is West and the others East. That way, everyone is represented. That's a great compromise

chukdefatey
^I actually don't drink coffee, I just wanted to get together to get to know every one.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Mat,

As a compromise, how about sending chuk a packet of freeze dried coffee, and an autographed photo of the team members?

Mat_F
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@chukdefatey we may not be able to fly you to Toronto for a coffee, but we still love hearing from you. Keep it up, and maybe we'll be out your way sometime soon too.

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

I can't say more other than you beat me by 4 days, so congratulations!

chukdefatey
Since my Public Lab idea of tri-format sim was the first and only idea to be implemented so I think PM should fly me to TO for this get together. LOL

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I look forward to that. PM is definitely getting better and better

Need Help? Let's chat.