Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile at London Drugs!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

As you know, over the past 12 months we’ve put a ton of effort into growing Public Mobile. Thanks to your continued support, we are growing each and every day and, as a team, we are excited for what’s to come over the next year.

Along these lines of growth, we are excited to announce that we are making it easier for you to purchase and activate our SIM cards by making them available at London Drugs stores. As with our other retail partners, you will continue to have the option to activate at home or activate in-store, based on what you prefer. London Drugs stores are predominantly located in Alberta and British Columbia, meaning that this launch will allow us to make our brand more accessible to our Western customers. For our friends out West, we hope you enjoy the added convenience!

If you happen to be near a London Drugs store after we launch, we’d love to hear your feedback on how things are going.

-Public Mobile Community Team

130 REPLIES 130

@makkahn28 wrote:

I admit, the changes are coming along, BUT still, NOT all places act uniformly 

Plus, at WOW, EVEN If you get Sim, they won't sell ANY of their handsets, as it's ONLY for Postpaid stuff

Telus/Koodo Co-hab maybe a logical option as well

Wow does not retail their own wares.  The hardware is owned by the various brands.  There is no way that Wow can sell a Bell sourced phone to a Public Mobile customer as an example. 

Derekmcl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How about a free SIM card deal at London Drugs, similar to the recent Walmart promotion, to kick things off with a bang?

I admit, the changes are coming along, BUT still, NOT all places act uniformly 

Plus, at WOW, EVEN If you get Sim, they won't sell ANY of their handsets, as it's ONLY for Postpaid stuff

Telus/Koodo Co-hab maybe a logical option as well

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Will definitely keep London Drugs in mind!  I would definitely recommend LD and go there myself (much more convenient over alternatives).  I've cautioned colleagues about using Walmart (with inconsistent and unpredictable results), and I don't much care for the malls, where WOW! Boutique kiosks have always been helpful.

Next logical step would be to co-locate at TELUS stores, where Koodo materials are already available at most locations.

Canadiankid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is great news. Walmart does a horrible job IMO of selling and promoting public mobile. The staff at London drugs are usually great to work with and very knowledgable. Great job public mobile. Hopefully you will keep thos partnership for more than the month.

Acekiller

nice!

are they going to sell vouchers as well?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Brooke_C Clarification needed on activations. Are all the retail partners able/willing to activate SIMs? WOW Mobile and K Mobile as well as Walmart/London Drugs.

Based on my limited experience adding London Drugs is definitely a coup. Robot Very Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

pakmode

Wow, that's big news for the West.

They have something like 70-80 stores out west, if I recall correctly.

jp2

Hopefully these reps doing the in store activation will be properly trained so there aren't so many problems. 

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Great news.  Nice to see western customers getting some love from Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.