cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last day to refer your friends and family and each earn a 1GB add-on!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

Until November 20th, if you refer a friend to Public Mobile, both you and your friend get a one-time 1GB add-on. Refer up to 5 friends and receive five one-time 1GB add-ons! Your friend can also refer 5 friends on top of their 1GB welcome add-on.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period in order for you and your friend to be eligible for the promotion
  3. Reminder, if you refer a friend you’re also eligible for $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to…

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card at activate.publicmobile.ca
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own.

What are the rewards?

The reward you receive depends on whether you are being referred or if you are the person referring.

Referred

What your friend needs to do

What your friend gets

Reward application date

Be referred, enter your (referrer’s) phone number during activation, and activate on a 30 or 90-day plan

One-time 1GB Data Add-On at no charge

Speed of 1GB Add-On depends on the plan that you are on:

• If you’re on a 3G plan you will get a 3G Add-On
  • If you’re on a 4G LTE plan you will get a 4G LTE Add-On
  • If you’re on a plan without data you will get a 4G LTE Add-On
  • The speed of your Add-On will change if you change the plan you are on

Within 72 hours

Referrer

What you need to do

What you get

Reward application date

Refer up to 5 friends  

Up to five, 1GB Data Add-Ons at no charge

Speed of 1GB Add-On depends on the plan that you are on:

• If you’re on a 3G plan you will get a 3G Add-On
  • If you’re on a 4G LTE plan you will get a 4G LTE Add-On
  • If you’re on a plan without data you will get a 4G LTE Add-On
  • The speed of your Add-On will change if you change the plan you are on

Within 72 hours

Click the spoiler tag for FAQ, and terms and conditions.

Spoiler

Refer-a-Friend Promotion FAQs  

• Do these 1GB data Add-Ons expire?

No, the 1GB data Add-Ons do not expire. Any remaining data in your Add-Ons will continue to roll over until used up.

• As a referrer, do I receive one 1GB Data Add-On for every friend?

Yes, you can receive up to five 1GB data Add-Ons for every friend you refer as long as they successfully activate during the promotional period. Please note it may take up to 72 hours before your Add-Ons are  added to your self-serve account. You will receive a text message when your 1GB Add-On is added to your account.

• If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one 1GB Welcome Data Add-On for being referred, and another 1GB Data Add-On for every friend you refer (up to a max of five 1GB Data Add-ons for five friends referred) who successfully activates during the promotional time period.

• I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?

Legacy customers are not eligible for the one-time 1GB Add-On offer or loyalty rewards. However, new customers referred by legacy customers are eligible for the one-time 1GB Add-On offer.

To learn more about reward eligibility and rewards, you can visit publicmobile.ca/rewards. If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to something that is currently available.

• When does this promotion end?

This promotion will end November 20th, 2017 11:59PM EST.

Terms and Conditions

If you’re a current customer and refer a friend during the promotion:

• You must be an active Public Mobile Pick & Pay customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.
  • You and your referrals have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • Legacy customers are not eligible for the one time 1GB Add-on offer; however new customers referred by legacy customers are eligible for the one time 1GB Add-on offer.
  • If you refer a friend and they activate during the promotional period, you will receive a one-time 1GB data Add-On up to 72 hours after your referred friend has successfully activated.
  • You receive a one time 1GB Add-on for each friend you refer, up to 5 friends as long as they activate during the promotional period.
  • You will continue to be eligible for the $1/ 30 days referral credit for each month that your referral stays with Public Mobile. All existing Refer-A-Friend rules apply. Check out publicmobile.ca/rewards for more details.

­

If you were referred and activated during the promotion:

• You must activate with Public Mobile.
  • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
  • You and your referrals have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • The one-time 1GB data Add-On will be applied to your account up to 72 hours after activation.
  • After activating with Public Mobile you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referrer.

­If you receive a one time 1GB Add-on during the promotion:

• The one-time 1GB data Add-Ons do not expire. Any remaining data in your Add-On(s) will continue to roll over until used up.
  • The speed of the 1GB Add-on that you receive will depend on the plan that you are on.
    • If you’re on a 3G plan you will get a 3G Add-on
    • If you’re on a 4G LTE plan you will get a 4G LTE Add-on
    • If you’re on a plan without data you will get a 4G LTE Add-on
    • The speed of your Add-on will change if you change the plan you are on

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to a your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorised means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

-Public Mobile Community team

178 REPLIES 178

kevdanga
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You're  complaining about a referall program that is still better than all but one providers.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Let us know what happens as i think several people encountered the same issue

@Brandonlelievre wrote:

. The issue i am currently having is it is using my addon data over my plan data. The moderator team is looking into this for me now. 

cn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's even better, I love Public Mobile more:)

Brandonlelievre

From what I have read here in the community. 

Top up addons dont expire and  carry over from month to month. So as long as you don’t use up the full 1gb of data the balance will transfer to the next month. The issue i am currently having is it is using my addon data over my plan data. The moderator team is looking into this for me now. 

cn

Thanks @Brandonlelievre for your quick and helpful reply !!!

Brandonlelievre

I received my gb within the same day but it may take up to 72 hours

How did you port your number. Myself I activated a random number and then ported my number after activation. It took about 10 min for the number port to take effect 

cn

Just activated a new sim card, with a refered number of my friend.

How long will it take to receive 1GB add on my (and his)account?

Also, How long will it take to port my old number from previous carrier?

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

time to get some referrals!

911onFire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Pier yes. They will get 1gb to use until it's used up.

Brandonlelievre

I’m also experiencing that. Though I signed up for texting only and then after porting my number I switched to 5gb plan. Both the 5gb and the 1gb addon say active but it’s still just using the 1gb addon data.

Pier

If I refer someone that choses a plan without date, is that person will have that 1 gb?

@Pier wrote:

@Jeremy_M

Is grandfathered plan included? They are dancing out there and need to be sure they'll be on board.

Yours,

Yes, grandfathered plans like the fall 2016 are included. If you are referring to the legacy or pioneer plans, they are not included. 

Pier

@Jeremy_M

Is grandfathered plan included? They are dancing out there and need to be sure they'll be on board.

Yours,

@j0nfwrote:

If my regular 90 day amount of data isn't used up yet, how come my account tells me i'm using up part of the extra 1g add-on already? Does anyone else have this issue also?

Yes, one other user also reported this. See here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Refer-a-Friend-Add-on/m-p/197850#M22435

j0nf

If my regular 90 day amount of data isn't used up yet, how come my account tells me i'm using up part of the extra 1g add-on already? Does anyone else have this issue also?

crazycolby

I have to tell my friend about this, I really need the 1g data. lol

mimmo

@j0nf  welcome to PM.  Hopefully you had a smooth transition.  Let us know if you have any qustions (start a new thread).

not sure how many people have done multile refeals with the bonus, but remember they are 1 time addons and are :

1) used if/when you use your monthly plan data

2) do not expire unil used up

3) are one time only, not recuring

j0nf

Hi everyone!

Just switched over from Koodo. Has anyone tried multiple referrals and waited the 72 hours to see if they got all the additional 1G add-ons?

911onFire

Neither. The 1gb is a bonus, that gets used after you use up your monthly data. There is no expiry. It just gets used up whether you burn everything off today, or years from now. 

xGuardian

For this 1gb promotion, is the 1 Gb add on only effective for 1 month and then your plan goes back to normal or is the 1 Gb add on part of the phone plan forever?

911onFire

@mimmo I think you're right. The regular monthly data is used up, then the referral add on gets used, until used up. Depending on the plan, the regular data will renew, and the referral add-on is the buffer that gets used afterwards. 

mimmo

@pumayaya @bartmiki  I believe you are mistaken. 

Plan data is used first, then if you go over your monthly data then the addon is data is used. 

so this promo is really good for someone who doesn;t have data and uses adons  or if you occasionally go over your data.

bartmiki

Thank you Pumayaya! Now I get it! I thought this would’ve increased my monthly data plan and stay that way. That would’ve been too good of a deal 🙂

pumayaya

It's an add on that is not tied to any month.  Your phone will use the add-on first until it's finished.  After it's finished, your phone will start using its alloted monthly data.

bartmiki

I have a question about the 1GB add on promo. If I get a new 30 day 2GB data plan and get a friend’s referral, does it mean my new data would be 3GB every month, or just for the first month?

mimmo

It is a max 5gb one time. Basically good only if you run out of data during your 90 days or for those without data

@dylaneyo wrote:

Does this addon stay always stay after the 90-day cycle? AKA does this mean I will get 18GB instead of 12GB every cycle FOREVER if I refer 5 friends?

OR does the extra 5GB disappear forever once I use it?

dylaneyo

Does this addon stay always stay after the 90-day cycle? AKA does this mean I will get 18GB instead of 12GB every cycle FOREVER if I refer 5 friends?

OR does the extra 5GB disappear forever once I use it?

srlawren

@6dot unfortunately, the offer didn't start until Tuesday morning.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

6dot

I recently referred a friend earlier this week(Monday). Is there a possible way to redeem this promotion?

Jimmyshaker

Not as good an incentive as I got to switch from Freedom. I'd like my bother to have the same plan as mine. Try harder please. 

Need Help? Let's chat.