Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last day to redeem the $40/ 4GB promo plan: February 3

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

During the $40/ 4GB promotion we experienced some issues with Canada Post delivering SIM cards. Since many people who ordered their SIM card during the promotion were unable to activate their SIM card before the promotion ended because they didn’t receive the SIM in the mail, we chose to honour the promotion for this select group. Up until this point, we have not specified the last day that those customers need to request their SIM card to be activated on the $40/ 4GB plan. Now we are.

The last day for customers who ordered their SIM cards between October 25 and November 16, 2016 to submit a request to be activated on the $40 / 4GB plan is February 3, 2017. If you or anyone you know of purchased a SIM card during this time period and has still not activated, please be sure to do so before February 3, 2017! To learn more about the $40/ 4GB promotion, click here.  

Here’s how you can submit your request:

1. Contact one of our moderators (@Shazia_K, @Mary_M or @Saray_O) with your SIM card order confirmation number. This will help them confirm that you ordered your SIM card between the dates outlined above and are eligible for the $40/ 4GB promo plan.
  2. Activate your SIM card on a 90 day Province-Wide talk, Global text, and 6GB plan (for $120). It is important that you activate on this plan for easiness of switching you over to the promo plan.
  3. Notify the moderator that your SIM card has been activated, and provide them with (1) your account number and (2) your Public Mobile phone number. Once they know this, they will update your account so that you will receive the 90 day Province- Wide talk, Global text and 12GB plan for $120.

Then, you’ll be all set!

Thanks,                                                                                                            

Public Mobile Community team

90 REPLIES 90

firstdataplan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cann't believe the plan is back... great plan... I will switch for my wife's plan

dickwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This helps.  thanks!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dickwong there isn't really a way other than checking back here regularly.  

An option you could consider if you use an RSS reader app of some kind is to subscribe to the RSS feed for the Announements area of the community, but you will get all the Announcements activity, not just those related to promo plans.  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/rsxze77497/rss/board?board.id=Announcements.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dickwong

How can I receive alert when a new promotion is going on?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @LD

I see that Saray sent you some instructions to follow on Tuesday via private, if you follow them then you should be all good to go 😉 

Cheers, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

LD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

will I get a response from one of the moderators that my sim card is good to go? I have done step 1 - and have not gotten a response, and I don't want to proceed until I know for sure that I will be getting the promo deal.

Thanks in advance.

Warguy94

I ordered two sim card by mistake. I gave one to my partner and now she doesn't use Rogers anymore

dZilla
I have a sim my friend gave me because he stayed with Fido when they started scrambling due to this awesome deal. My sister now is asking me about this plan. I told her about it but she just had a baby yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah.

What are the chances I can use his sim, that he ordered?

And this is an actual friend not a 'friend' and my actual sister too lol.

newfoundland

Good plan!

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren wrote:
@canucks4life it would be nice to see freedom match Telus' network coverage and quality! Boom! 🙂

True that is the only reason I switched 🙂

srlawren
@canucks4life it would be nice to see freedom match Telus' network coverage and quality! Boom! 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rkreddyb4u wrote:

also many of us are waiting for next great promo 😄

Not that I really need that much data but noticed Freedom/Wind has a $40/6GB monthly plan now...would be nice to see PM counter.

srlawren
@lhart unfortunately no. The promo ended on Nov 20th.

lhart

Hello,

Is this plan still available?

Thanks.

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is actually much longer than I though PM would allow late registration to go. Bravo.

I'd say the next time you do the demo, it should be similar in that you have to order a sim card by X date and register by Y date. This will avoid the issue of a promo that has an end date that is really a few days short because it's impossible to get a sim card in time for the promo.

claudio1996678

thanks

srlawren
@claudio1996678 unfortunately no, you would have had to do that by Nov 20, 2016. Please check back regularly in case Public Mobile decide to run another promotional plan.

claudio1996678

i just read this post and ive been paying $80 for 4gb.i would like to change it to $40 for 4gb.

how can i do that

@rkreddyb4u there are no companies out there that offer monthly offers. In fact they only do offers when one competitor is doing it. Other then this, they dont like doing them. 

If PM keeps doing offers they will destroy the canadian Market (XD) so Bellus wont like that because they are "losing" customers as well.

They are good because some offers are happening only from time to time

rkreddyb4u

dont know why public does not have monthly new promos 

rkreddyb4u

also many of us are waiting for next great promo 😄

rkreddyb4u

Glad to hear this 😄

Vickel
Can't believe they let it last this long

If it were up to me dec 31 would have been the last day

srlawren

@Ramankainth did you order your SIM card between October 25 and November 16, 2016between October 25 and November 16, 2016?  

SusanC

I'm in the same boat, I was out of the country for October and November and missed this amazing deal!  Makes me sad, but I signed up anyway in the hope it may come back!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Glad to see that an end date has been set with the requirements to still be able to activate.  Thanks for this PM what a great company to honour a promo 2.5 months after it ends.  What other company would do that!!!!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Ramankainth
Hi i have 120 $ 6b can i get 12 gb promo

Rustynayl

Wish I knew of PM's existance 2 weeks prior to when I signed up.... I signed up Nov.28 Smiley Sad

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Perfect time for the announcement.

Not a lot of companies do respect the offer months after.
For people who didn't decide yet;... well.....the clock is ticking and you got to decide NOW.

Edit: typos

fisher

Good plan...

Need Help? Let's chat.