cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Select customers affected by slower renewal process

@LP1 wrote:

Yes I did know that, thank you.

But strange as this might sound when there is an allergic reaction on a School Bus it is up to the Driver to administer the epipen and then Immediatly change route to the nearest Hospital

It's usually useful to either quote the post you're replying to, tag the user with the @ sign or even just type the username so as to know who you're replying to.

RS_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just attempted to make $1 payment… received an instant error message “Unable To Process Transaction” on the screen from Public Mobile. Called my bank and I was told that the $1 was declined due to “incorrect expiry date” on VISA card. Which makes no sense. The same VISA card number / info that has been used on Public Mobile autopay countless times in the past.

Then, out of curiosity, I asked my bank if Public Mobile has made ANY attempts to withdraw ANY funds today (Nov.20th)… the bank reply was “absolutely zero payment requests were made by Public Mobile either today or yesterday” against my VISA other than my own failed payment attempt of $1+tax. Last Public Mobile payment was August 22nd, with my 90 day plan renewal today = November 20th.  

I’l speculate that Public Mobile is (i) having another major issue when people switch from legacy plans to current plans; (ii) the payment issue is larger than expected on their part; or (iii) people that are on plan renewal between November 19th – 21st are the unlucky ones without ANY service, and are unable to make any payment in any fashion.

Rebooted my phone again (20th time today) for good measure… and still nothing. Wasted hours out of my day today and still no answers from Public Mobile directly.

Thanks to all those people for their attempts at helping. I’ll wait until midnight rolls over, to see if it resets automatically (not much faith at this point unfortunately)… exhausted all options at this point. Just waiting for a private message from Public Mobile rep…

LP1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@z10user4 wrote:

@LP1 wrote:

Yes I did know that, thank you.

But strange as this might sound when there is an allergic reaction on a School Bus it is up to the Driver to administer the epipen and then Immediatly change route to the nearest Hospital

It's usually useful to either quote the post you're replying to, tag the user with the @ sign or even just type the username so as to know who you're replying to.

Ok I found quote, I did not look hard enough.
I also still look at keyboard when I type. :grin

LP1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@RS_ wrote:

I just attempted to make $1 payment… received an instant error message “Unable To Process Transaction” on the screen from Public Mobile. Called my bank and I was told that the $1 was declined due to “incorrect expiry date” on VISA card. Which makes no sense. The same VISA card number / info that has been used on Public Mobile autopay countless times in the past.

Then, out of curiosity, I asked my bank if Public Mobile has made ANY attempts to withdraw ANY funds today (Nov.20th)… the bank reply was “absolutely zero payment requests were made by Public Mobile either today or yesterday” against my VISA other than my own failed payment attempt of $1+tax. Last Public Mobile payment was August 22nd, with my 90 day plan renewal today = November 20th.  

I’l speculate that Public Mobile is (i) having another major issue when people switch from legacy plans to current plans; (ii) the payment issue is larger than expected on their part; or (iii) people that are on plan renewal between November 19th – 21st are the unlucky ones without ANY service, and are unable to make any payment in any fashion.

Rebooted my phone again (20th time today) for good measure… and still nothing. Wasted hours out of my day today and still no answers from Public Mobile directly.

Thanks to all those people for their attempts at helping. I’ll wait until midnight rolls over, to see if it resets automatically (not much faith at this point unfortunately)… exhausted all options at this point. Just waiting for a private message from Public Mobile rep…

When I paid my Dollar I had to enter my card number info even though I am on autopay Visa.

It took me approx 4 hours of fiddling trying different combinations to find the right order, I Should have made better notes.

RS_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You’re a life saver. Thanks a million.

Just deleted my VISA from autopay. Re-entered all my card/address/expiry information, same as I originally did when I signed up for autopay. Then… attempted to make $1 payment… SUCCESS. Then I made full payment for the 90 day plan (balance remaining) despite having my autopay function enabled. SUCCESS for my second manual (VISA) payment as well.

Logged out of my self-serve account… rebooted phone… and all works (as it was supposed to begin with). Not sure what the glitch was with Public Mobile but my bank did narrow it down to VISA expiry info that was being rejected. Anyway, it’s working now. New plan is recognized, payment accepted in full, and reward discounts were applied in full (in my case my custom plan was $90 minus reward discount of $12 = $78 + tax.

Done, done and done. Thanks again!

Mayor / Maire

@RS_, is it possible your VISA had actually expired after you signed up for the new plan 90 days ago?  Public Mobile will not tell you the card has expired, because the system doesn’t have that functionality.

youve also stated this was your second manual payment, perhaps it was a new card before you made the first payment with this card, and hadn’t updated the Autopay card details?

The expiry date is a common issue.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello Everyone. My plan auto renewed on the 19th of November applied auto pay and community credits all is well. Happy Customer

Just sayin lol Lemew

@stonechucker wrote:

@RS_, is it possible your VISA had actually expired after you signed up for the new plan 90 days ago?  Public Mobile will not tell you the card has expired, because the system doesn’t have that functionality.

youve also stated this was your second manual payment, perhaps it was a new card before you made the first payment with this card, and hadn’t updated the Autopay card details?

The expiry date is a common issue.

@stonechucker   Good info there stonechucker.  Now I have to be extra dilligent in checking my credit card expiry date and renewing my information in a timely manner.  Glad you posted it in this thread for other to see.

It would make sense that the system would tell the customer that it's expired, as they have the expiry date.  They could also tell the customer why the card is being refused as well too...

Mayor / Maire

Sure it would be nice to notify us,  but why would you want them to remind you?  You get your card from the issuing bank prior to the expiry date, you activate your new card when it is received and destroy the old one.

personally, I immediately update all my related information.  I have it setup on 4 or 5 systems, and it takes no time to ensure I’ve completed the steps.