cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Longer than normal wait times for self serve

It's been intermittent for me.  However understandable with the infulx in responses for the free giveaways....so worth the inconvience.  Thanks for the 1GB freebie, I'm usually over my limit close to the end of the month 🙂

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, Thank you Public Mobile for looking out for your new AND EXISTING customers.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

We need more freebie like this to crash your site.   I dont mind the site doesnt work!  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tiana_V thanks for the heads up on that. I noticed the self serve site wasn't working so it was obvious that everyone was trying to add it within minutes. Guess people haven't learned that a system/site can only handle so much activity all at once. If large companies like Apple & Disney have their systems / site crash due to heavy activity then this doesn't surprise me one bit. I figured I'll wait till later in the evening when more people are going to bed, and exactly as expected I was able to log in and add the free features within minutes, practically no issues and no wait time. Really glad PM is giving customers PLENTY of time to add these free options so that people can take their time and add them later and not congest the site.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dna2016 wrote:

@Tiana_V thanks for the heads up on that. I noticed the self serve site wasn't working so it was obvious that everyone was trying to add it within minutes. Guess people haven't learned that a system/site can only handle so much activity all at once. If large companies like Apple & Disney have their systems / site crash due to heavy activity then this doesn't surprise me one bit. I figured I'll wait till later in the evening when more people are going to bed, and exactly as expected I was able to log in and add the free features within minutes, practically no issues and no wait time. Really glad PM is giving customers PLENTY of time to add these free options so that people can take their time and add them later and not congest the site.

To be fair the sort of infrastructure you need for content delivery on something like Disney+  is a totally different story compared to a self serve portal for a small prepaid provider. pm self serve has been pretty slow and lackluster for as long as I can remember, I think it's long overdue for an overhaul. 

Highlighted

It seems to be slow every where it must be because of the holidays

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

nice.

Highlighted

The site is likely slow because of all the people on over the holidays

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

They should have an APP because their website is very hard to navigate on a cell phone. I know they have a lot of data to manage but their server is under-powered. Always slow. Having an app with less data on every page would make it easier on the server. A cell phone operator without a cell phone app is a fly-by-night operation. I'm wondering if they've tried their websites on a cell phone and see how bad it can be. 🙄

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yeah, the forums are mobile responsive but the self serve portal isn't.