cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join us at Public Mobile Fest - our first ever music festival travelling the streets of Toronto!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We are excited to announce our first ever music festival - Public Mobile Fest. Public Mobile Fest is a mobile festival which will be travelling across Toronto neighbourhoods and hosting pop-up performances.

Here’s the 411:

Where is the festival taking place?

At various locations around Toronto! See the schedule below for more details.

Date

Time

Artists/Bands

Sat Aug 26

12:00-3:30pm

Front & Simcoe (180 Front Street West)

• Connor Morand (12:00 - 1:30pm)
  • Mermaids Exist (2:00 - 3:30pm)

5:00-8:00pm

Yonge & Eglinton Centre

• MIRIAN ft. Noble Sobel (5:00 - 6:30 pm)
  • Beth Moore (7:00 - 8:00pm)

Sun Aug 27

12:00-4:30pm

King & Spadina (78 Spadina Avenue)

• Mermaids Exist (12:00 - 12:45pm)
  • WAVGODS (1:15 - 2:00pm)
  • Connor Morand (2:30 - 3:15pm)
  • Robbie & Matthew (3:45 - 4:00pm)

6:00-8:00pm

East Liberty & Hanna (171 East Liberty Street)

• Connor Morand (6:00 - 6:45pm)
  • Beth Moore (7:15 - 8:00pm)

Tues Aug 29

12:00-4:00pm

Victoria & Gould (Ryerson O'fest)

• Connor Morand (12:00 - 1:00pm)
  • WAVGODS (1:30 - 2:30pm)
  • Mansuki (3:00 - 4:00pm)

6:00pm-8:00pm

York & Bremner (25 York Street)

• Robbie & Matthew (6:00 - 6:45pm)
  • Peter Graham (7:15 - 8:00pm)

Sat Sept 9

12:00-2:00pm

King & Brant (540 King Street West)

• Joyia (12:00 - 12:45pm)
  • Jake Feeney (1:15 - 2:00pm)

3:30-5:00pm

East Liberty & Hanna (171 East Liberty Street)

• The Thick (3:30 - 5:00pm)

6:30-8:00pm

College & Crawford (725 College Street)

• Mark Brathwaite (6:30 - 8:00pm)

Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates!

Who will be at the festival?

Con: Beyonce isn’t in town

Pro: We have an exciting lineup of local artists ranging from Folk to Rock to Jazz & Blues who are sure to keep you entertained.

What’s the cost?

Free! We like to keep your wallets thick.

Why should I come?

No brainer. The final days of summer are upon us and who doesn’t like a free music festival?

We also think you’ll:

1. Be entertained by our awesome lineup
  2. Meet some of the Public Mobile team
  3. Score some free swag!

Hope to see you there!

Public Mobile Community

56 REPLIES 56

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I forgot to mention, I made it to the very last stop on the music fest tour on the evening of Sep. 9th.

20170909_193654_s.jpg20170909_193709_s.jpg

Stuff I picked up:

20170922_225901_s.jpg

texwood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are there any more fest coming up?  I couldn't attend the previous ones.

Here are some pics they shared on Twitter.

DJOOF6VXoAAwP_aDJOOHV5WsAEdBWlDJOONuzW0AAAd9p

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Would love to attend but I'm on the west coast. But I'll take links to pictures or recorded video instead.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry I missed the first sessions here in Toronto.... going to try and catch the ones on Sept 9th.

Not sure I agree with all the negative feedback as this does align with the idea of creating a community behind the brand. VW holds similar events for and their biggest fans come out in droves.

Michael77
Thanks for the feedback.

Rockdaddy22
I think it's very important feedback.

Please forgive my Rants, Just that this is very depressing to say the least

I have been at the First Fest, Simcoe and Front, so far, the experience is very Boring, Obtuse. I think PM may have made a strategic error. Most of all, I think PM could have put a More Strategic and more dedicated effort In having q&a, Feedback, this Fest surely was OK, But WOW factor was lost after a few Mins.

Rockdaddy22
Since I personally know 5 people in Ontario who haven't got the text, not sure what to say?

Michael77
@kav2001c,

Thanks for the info. 🙂

@Michael77 it seems only ON clients getting this offer (so far noone else has posted otherwise)

pakmode

Cool concept. Should be fun for those who can make it out. 

Michael77

@sportymi,

The Koodo $50 (5 gig/Canada wide calling) promotion offered to some PM customers.

sportymi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

what text message?

Michael77
@ClavinW

If you have the $40 promotional plan, you will get a text message

CalvinW
So sad, still waiting for the Koodo text

voucherking
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

public mobile is a laughable brand now! I just made the switch to koodo and have a store at eglinton square right across the street from me where I can get REAL HELP. 

Vickel

sounds like fun, good way to get more people aware of the Public Mobile brand.

Completely forgot Public Mobile was still operating until the Fall promo cam around.

Acekiller

not in TO 😞

McLaren
Sounds like fun! Will definitely check out the yonge and Eglinton location. Can't wait for free swag!

StandingWaves
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What is going on?

How is providing a "free" concert "Less".

Your marketing messages are getting mixed up.  Bring back the 4GB $40 plan, and leave the advertising to the other companies.

I wish I got that Koodo promo now.  If I am going to not have a call center for support, I should at least have the best price.

Shame on you PM.

geologyking
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Gotta say that I'm heartened by the critical reaction I've read thus far in this thread--and a special shout out to the oracles on the point of what PM should mean in terms of pricing.

There's a reason why we are all here and it's not because of free concerts--we want value for our dollar and we want others to have the same and that value has greatly evaporated over the past few weeks.

mtfolks
@kav2001c I think you've got a point that ppl shouldn't be complaining in threads such as those from ppl looking for troubleshooting help, etc. But this thread is about a "giveback" to the customers and I think it's fair game to say "thanks, no thanks we liked the old business model better".

I also don't think anyone here blames the mods as they are one of the fantastic parts of being a PM customer. But as employees I'm sure they're more than used to hearing about complaints whether it's about pricing or activation failures, etc. Should ppl having technical issues not be allowed to complain/vent their frustration either?

I'm guessing you're right, tho. The powers that be probably don't care and over time ppl will move on and the current complaints will slowly disappear as ppl become more apathetic to them. For the time being, though, I say if you're not happy with the changes then (respectfully) vent away.

jpar

Have fun!! Smiley Very Happy

Rockdaddy22
I think we need more complaining about better pricing, I'm sorry. If we don't have call centers, it's crazy to not be the cheapest.

@Luddite it seems to me the Public community is looking far more like the Koodo community these days

I'm not sure what to think with current direction

@Luddite wrote:

An active technically knowledgable community definitely has advantages over call centres but that seems, to me, PM's only plus currently. PM will no longer be the lowest price in all its categories, but rather just among the lowest, hence the focus on promos to attract specific customers.

@mtfolks feedback in terms of what?

It has become a constant whining about how everyone wants cheaper plans in EVERY single thread (eg this one, which has NOTHING to do with pricing suggestions for promos)

I am tired of reading it, I am sure mods are tired of reading it, and the powers that be could care less since they are still selling SIMs and still activating new clients (most of whom seem to like the current promo pricing)

Thier strategy does seem odd (advertising in ON at same time they are moving clients off Public and on to Koodo here) but without far more info I would not comment on overall plans or how effective they have been 

danielj

I am from the GTA but to get downtown Toronto for anyone who does not live or work down there is a pain. If they were going to do pop up at various locations around Toronto they could have considered a pop up at various other cities to benefit a wide market of their customers. Some of the timing of the music festival or at weird times when most people or at work. Like 12-4pm on a Tuesday?

In one way, it is great that we are getting benefits like this and it is not the smartest or nicest thing to do when somebody "gives you something." But to honest, I think the most customer would have preferred Public Mobile left this kind of stuff to Telus and that Public Mobile focus on their target market of the no frills customers. Public Mobile instead of benefiting a small portion of the customer base could have offered a new promotional plan, lowered prices, increased plan packages or some combination of them. The whole pop up idea also seems like it would take away economies of scale and make the festivals more expensive.

Thank you, Public Mobile, for considering us and "giving us" music festival. I am sure the community will keep update on other “wish list items."

I must sound so much like a spoiled brat, complaining about not getting what I want, but it is annoying bothering having the community and not listening to them and become more and more a clone of the parent organization. 

danielj

I am from the GTA but to get downtown Toronto for anyone who does not live or work down there is a pain. If they were going to do pop up at various locations around Toronto they could have considered a pop up at various other cities to benefit a wide market of their customers. Some of the timing of the music festival or at weird times when most people or at work. Like 12-4pm on a Tuesday?

In one way, it is great that we are getting benefits like this and it is not the smartest or nicest thing to do when somebody "œgives you something." But to honest, I think the most customer would have preferred Public Mobile left this kind of stuff to Telus and that Public Mobile focus on their target market of the no frills customers. Public Mobile instead of benefiting a small portion of the customer base could have offered a new promotional plan, lowered prices, increased plan packages or some combination of them. The whole pop up idea also seems like it would take away economies of scale and make the festivals more expensive.

Thank you, Public Mobile, for considering us and "giving us" a music festival. I am sure the community will keep updated on other actual "wish list items."

Need Help? Let's chat.