cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTEST NOW CLOSED: It’s Ditch New Year’s Resolution Day, But We Still Believe in You!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

It’s the last week of January and you know what that means. All the people who said they’re going to hit the gym, eat healthier, and read more books are sliding back into their old ways. We understand. Keeping a resolution for a whole year feels as difficult as going a whole day without checking your phone. But we don’t want you to give up! So here are five awesome tips to help you keep going strong on those resolutions:

• Recruit A Friend: Get a bud and hold each other accountable. It’s easier to work towards a goal when someone is keeping tabs on you. Don’t let them down!
  • Embrace the Slip-Up: The plan was to do yoga three times a week, but life got in the way and you skipped a couple days. That doesn’t mean you should throw your yoga goals off a cliff. Accept that you messed up and get back in the studio ASAP. 
  • Make Specific Goals: Redefine your goals by putting numbers on them. “I want to save more money,” should be changed to, “I want to save $100 a month.” And by the way, you can save big time by getting your phone plan down to $0 through our rewards program.   Learn more about it here.
  • Treat Yo Self: Did you swear off sweets for this year? Once you have gone two months without eating dessert you deserve a nice big slice of guilt-free chocolate cake. Rewarding yourself can be the fuel that pushes you to keep moving forward
  • .Just Do One Thing: Having multiple resolutions can be overwhelming. You’re asking yourself to change your whole lifestyle overnight. If that’s too hard, pick one resolution and put all your focus and energy into that.

Use those tips and we know you can do it!  Comment below by 12:00pm ET on February 3 and tell us your New Year’s resolution and how you plan to keep it and we’ll randomly select three winners to receive a $50 Amazon eGiftcard to help you keep your resolution. Go back and read tip number two if your resolution already went out the window. Stay strong everybody! Contest runs January 27 to February 3, 2020. Read Contest Rules before entering.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

Contest Rules

Spoiler

New Year's Resolutions Contest
CONTEST RULES

1.       HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY 
    No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share, in the Public Mobile Community post, your 2020 New Year’s resolution and how you are keeping it. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant. 

If your entry contains a person, other than the entrant, by entering the contest, you state that you have obtained consent from everyone in the photo. If your photo contains a minor (under the age of 18) parental or legal guardian consent is required.

Contest runs January 27 to February 3, 2020 at 12:00pm ET. 

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE
    There will be three (3) prizes awarded.  Each winner will receive the following prize: 

One (1) $50 Amazon eGift Card

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile for cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW
    A random draw for all Prizes will take place at the Public Mobile office located at 25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario on or about February 3 at approx.12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
    In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (7) business days after prize has been awarded. 

2. PRIVACY
    By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

1. QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. 

1. OTHER
    All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

144 REPLIES 144

@Fluidmax wrote:

I have had the same resolution for the last 5 years.

I was 39 years old, overweight and getting real comfortable being a middle age man (especially after my kids were born). On New Year day in 2015 I woke up late in the morning (I had a dinner party the night before) and I saw myself in the mirror…I don’t know what came over me but the thought of me turning 40 and look like the person in the mirror didn’t sit well in the back of my mind. So I joined a gym before the week ended. I didn’t see much change for about 3 month but I kept it going.....6 month later I lost about 30 lbs and can fit into some of my old jeans when I was in my 20s… Now I wear size 31 waist jeans and in the best shape of my life.

@Fluidmax  Good on You! I can relate to looking in the mirror and not being happy with the reflection. My moment came in the change room at the pool as I walking towards the pool entrance and passed by a row of sinks with mirrors. I commented to myself that pregnant lady looks familiar....oh wait that's me! My motivation started there and then. I had to wait about 14 months to put it into practice (there was a THR surgery and recovery first.) But the moment I was approved to get back on my bike I jumped on it!

You can only change if you truly want to because nothing worth having come easy.

btw...Don't sweat the small things Smiley Happy

Agreed....darlicious.

@kuri wrote:

My resolution was to enjoy every moment of life, and not let the little things bug/stress me out as much. Tip #1 is definitely right. I got my whole family and close friends involved!

@kuri  Oh boy pm is going to want you to keep your resolution. Next time you get caught up in a  classic pm glitch youll be cool as a cucumber. No waxy green skin off your back!

Fortunately.... I can't remember if I made a New Years resolution OR NOT! If I did it would probably be to lose a few more pounds like I managed to do last year. Trying....

AE_Collector

xxJDxx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I plan to do a ton of hiking this spring/summer. Hope to hit a few new peaks this year!

aip0401

I want to master rolling a kayak this year!

Delsel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I plan to have the most positive, enriching year yet by striving to be 1% better everyday. Many small successes will lead to a big success over time - and I'll know I put that work in and deserve it. Whether it's making my bed everyday, to reading a new book every week, I'm gonna work at it. I wish everyone the best with their resolutions! 

nmrk22

My 2020 resolution is to live healthier - exercise, eat well, sleep more.

wenzo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Going full on cliche here - trying to exercise more!

Have a schedule (really!) for workout days! Pray for me!

AL89

My New Year's Resolution is to not eat chips when I'm at home because chips is my guilty pleasure.  In order to keep my resolution, I don't buy chips and don't eat chips that my partner buys.

Evilash

Eating healthier in general.  I plan to keep it by purchasing purchasing sweet carrots, peppers, honey crisp apples etc instead of the chips and other junk food.  Already find myself enjoying the fruits and veggies over the less healthy options.  Also keep cash away from work so I'm not tempted by vending machines .

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Mine is to personally knock some things off my list this year that I've needed to get done for a long while and focus on my health.

And i plan to achieve that by pacing myself self taking it all slowly.

prasprime

Wishing to save more money as Canadian carriers started to offer good plans. 

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My new years resolution is to keep healthy life style such as having good food, everyday workout and relaxation time 🙂

cin7

Exercise more regularly by incorporating fun, invigorating activities into my life!

LilyW

My resolution is to de -clutter my materialistic lifestyle by donating one item I don’t use or need per month.  Hopefully, the goal of one item a month will be easy for me to accomplish.

Lowufo

My resolution is to keep entering these contests until I win an Amazon gift card Smiley Happy

DOA

My resolution is I'm not going to eat junk food any more.

Of course, I'm not going to eat junk food any less, either.

s1ackland

My New Year's resolution is to be calm and not worry about the little stuff. Serenity now, serenity now, serenity now! I must put away my Festivus pole. Cheers

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Work less

Recovery

Mine is to develop good, new habits and I plan to keep it by waking up early, eating more nutritious food, making it to the gym and quitting the excuses.

DavidTheOne

My New Year's Resolution is to get more sleep. I plan to keep it by trying out my smartphone's feature for helping with sleep.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Resolution: consistently go to the gym 

working so far by tracking things more thoroughly in apps!

jmqm

Stop wasting money

1. Don't buy unhealthy/convenient foods

2. Don't order stuff online that's unnecessary

3. Eat at home instead of outside

teresa60

Go to the gym, and my friend will yell at me if I don't go 

Tiprix

My resolution would be to be more health conscious when I eat.  A goal I am accomplishing by reducing my intake of sweets and making sure I get that 50% of veggies per meal (well at least one meal per day). 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

I don't make new years resolutions, stopped that practice long ago.  No point in revisiting delusions of grandeur every year.  I hope this doesn't disqualify me from this contest.

Indeed.  I don't make new year's resolutions either.  If I decide something is worth doing, I'm not going to wait for some meaningless, arbitrary date to start doing it. Hopefully, this can still qualify as my entry.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I resolved to not make a resolution.  If something is important enough, you will do it.  Making it a 'new year's resolution' doesn't give you any more chance of sticking to it.

ooakosiryan

Here's my entry:

My New Year's Resolution is to get an average of at least 7 hours of sleep daily.

I plan on keeping it by napping when I feel like it, going to bed by midnight even if I'm not tired, setting my alarm later to give myself a better chance to wake up naturally, and allowing myself to mess up without quitting on the goal.

endokendo

My New Year's Resolution: random acts of kindness. Sometimes when we see awful stuff happening on the news, that will be a reminder to keep up the random acts of kindness. Hopefully this effort will brighten someone's day!

weazl2000

Spend less on my cell bill should have it done soon with a new loyalty discount. 

Need Help? Let's chat.