Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It’s Day 3 of #14DaysOfGiveaways!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

WPM0722_Twitter-Daillies-3.jpg

Can’t wait for the holidays? Neither can we! That’s why we’re giving away awesome goodies every day from December 8 - 21, 2015. Enter for your chance to win a TV, tablet, smartphone, or other great prizes.

There will be a new prize revealed every day!

It’s Day 3 of #14DaysOfGiveaways!

Your Life Hack could win you 1 of 10 iPad Mini 4’s! Find out how click here

55 REPLIES 55

anon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why is it so difficult to understand that some people don't live in a world of facebook, twitter or instagram and whatever else there is out there. I never even heard  the term "lifehack" until today.

I use a real computer and have over 40 yrs experience. However, I never assume that people are up to date on today's world of computers and Public Mobile shouldn't assume people use their phones for only certain functions. Especially, when you consider, there is so much more that a real computer offers.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SN86 wrote:

I love this contest! Credit to the PM team for coming up with this. It's better than most since so far it's required you to think, share something and be creative.

@SN86 nailed it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@anon wrote:

Don't you mean just for certain customers?

Sure, I guess that's what I meant.  I didn't enter today as I couldn't think up any good life hacks to post to Instagram, but so be it.  They're trying to make it fun and get us to do a few things along the way for chances to win fun stuff.  Also, theyr'e using a variety of entry methods.  Day 1 was send a text, day 2 was post a tweet, day 3 post on Instagram, and so on.  Obviously not every one is going to work for every customer, but they're mixing it up and keeping it interesting.

They could have just not had a giveaway contest to spread holiday cheer and give out cool stuff.  Would that have been preferable?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SN86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I love this contest! Credit to the PM team for coming up with this. It's better than most since so far it's required you to think, share something and be creative.

anon

Don't you mean just for certain customers?

srlawren

@anon wrote:
Would it be so difficult for Public Mobile to run a contest that all you needed to enter was either your customer or phone no. that young and old could participate in?

Wouldn't that still require folks to be a customer? I thought you were complaining about that?

Honestly, if you don't like the terms of the contest, then don't enter it.  This is something extra-nice that PM are doing for their customers, but not mandatory for them to do or for you to enter.

anon

For those that think I am some kind of complaint nut; I suggest they read up on the government Rules and Guidelines that have to be followed when running contests. Unfortunately the the government is very lax in enforcing those rules. Jeremy states I should read the rules. Public Mobile states with very large letters No Purchase necessary. I am all ears to how that is possible.

Someone stated "welcome to the Dark Ages". Yes I'm afraid so.  Currently we have individuals buying phones in some cases produced by child labor, at a cost of $10 to $20 being sold for hundreds and being used  by social networks to monitor these same individuals and their contacts.We as individuals have say enough is enough, stop jamming this down our throats. Would it be so difficult for Public Mobile to run a contest that all you needed to enter was either your customer or phone no. that young and old could participate in?

Uh-oh. I smell a copyright lawsuit coming...

Quick! To the collander-copter! *flies away*

Hi all. 

@Martin, I believe @7789849803 just needs his own collander, or a special visit from Bob & Sue, to feel the joy of ignoring the annoying.

Hang in there! (whoops w/o permission of the copyright holder) Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Bigmac
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@7789849803 Thank you for all your effort and contribution.  

We cannot keep ridiculous complaints silient. But most of these community members are good and trying their best to improve PM. Just enjoy holiday season. Man LOL

Cannot wait for the winners list for Day1 and Day2.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

I'm glad that you will be staying.

Cheers.

Thanks for the encouragement, Martin and Jeremy!

I guess you're right - you have to take negativity with a grain of salt. And it's enjoyable getting to answer general questions and pass on the hard ones to the more senior community members, or even the community managers. So I guess that's all the reason I need to stay engaged 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi 778,

I certainly hope that you won't temporarily withdraw from the community. Your contributions are well-informed and a voice of reason; I regard them as invaluable to the betterment of this community. Please stay.

Though a PM customer since Q3 2013, I became a community member very early this year. I'm therefore not in a position to speak to what occurred in previous years.

As to the complaining, the days leading up to Christmas and New Year's are ones of increasing joy for most. That contrasts with those, who, for reasons best known only to themselves, puts them out-of-step with the rest of society. The difference is then expressed as frustration and anger, as evidenced by the OP's post. Not being a psychologist, there's nothing more that I can say.

Food for thought.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@anon

I'm really sorry to hear that your not happy with our #14DaysOfGiveaways campaign. You can read the full details of the contest rules here: http://14days.publicmobile.ca/

@7789849803

You should not temporarily halt your visits to this community for the next 2 weeksSmiley Happy I understand that not everyone is going to be happy  -for whatever reason, but your engagement and willingness to help is greatly appreciated!Robot Happy

@Martin What is it about the holidays that brings out the worst of complainers? Is it like this every year? I'm debating if I should temporarily halt my visits to this community for the next 2 weeks, just to shield myself form all the vile negativity.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

Considering that you introduced the element of Canada-centricity, I suggest that you go further and demonstrate consistency by destroying your Chinese-made phone, sold by a company headquartered in China or the USA. While in the privacy of your home, check the labels of all clothing, and destroy those items not made entirely in Canada. Don't forget your TV and other appliances. If not manufactured entirely in Canada, destroy them.

Welcome to the Dark Ages.

@anon wrote:

This contest is illegal. It is not open to all. A purchase is necessary. as you have to be able to text your answer and/or be a member of various American owned social networks. I am sick and tired of companies getting away with this type of nonsense and will no longer be a client of Public Mobile or Telus. If you are Canadian who follows the law with an ounce of pride; you will join me and say No; I won't support this. Thankyou. 

If you feel like your legal rights are being violated, the forum to go to about that would be the court system, and not the PM community. I highly doubt we have a sitting judge in our midst who is qualified and empowered to take up complaints such as yours from community threads, in order to start a legal proceeding. All the best if you decide to take this to court - I'm not a lawyer in any way, but I suspect that you may have your work cut out for you.

anon

This contest is illegal. It is not open to all. A purchase is necessary. as you have to be able to text your answer and/or be a member of various American owned social networks. I am sick and tired of companies getting away with this type of nonsense and will no longer be a client of Public Mobile or Telus. If you are Canadian who follows the law with an ounce of pride; you will join me and say No; I won't support this. Thankyou. 

iamnopreacher

If I understand correctly, these are daily giveaways and now that we are on the 3rd day, I was curious to know when will you be announcing the winners of Day 1 and Day 2?

Best of luck to all who enter.

Since I am the Luddite I do not enter with Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, nor Vine! Aaah, the price of privacy (of course some might call it isolation). Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Bigmac

Thank you. 

Good luck to everyone. 🙂

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Bigmac

To answer your question: it's one entry per person per Instagram account.

Cheers and good luck! 

Bigmac

GOOD LUCK!!

@Jeremy_M, I have a question: Can one account share multiple pictures to participate? 

Thanks.

Bigmac

Here is an example I found. 

-Creat an Instagram account

-Follow PublicMobile

-Share you life Hack and @publicmobile 

GOOD LUCK!

life-hack.jpg

Bigmac

http://14days.publicmobile.ca/en-day3/

Capture.PNG

I have to resue Instagram again. Last time I used it is one year agao... 

Man LOL

Need Help? Let's chat.