cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: [Issue Resolved] Select customers unable to send texts

"the SMSC number for Public Mobile is 16475800172. Make sure you input that number into your message center option on your phone." Pls how do i do this on iPhone, how can i get there. Thanks

Mayor / Maire

@pakuma wrote:

"the SMSC number for Public Mobile is 16475800172. Make sure you input that number into your message center option on your phone." Pls how do i do this on iPhone, how can i get there. Thanks

It's what I try to figure...but I can't find the way....

Mayor / Maire

@pakuma something else I thought...if you go in your settings and Messages and in Send and receive do you have your phone number in START NEW CONVERSATIONS FROM? And your phone number and your email in YOU CAN RECEIVE IMESSAGES TO AND REPLY FROM?

"something else I thought...if you go in your settings and Messages and in Send and receive do you have your phone number in START NEW CONVERSATIONS FROM? And phone number and email in YOU CAN RECEIVE IMESSAGES TO AND REPLY FROM?" I can't see such settings on my phone, my phone is an iPhone, I'm currently using my laptop to chat, if not i would have sent a screenshot of my settings page on my phone

Thank you, pls do let me know when/if you figure it out. Thanks

Mayor / Maire

5AB7CF4D-4B08-452D-8222-23A57CFD2AB7.png

BD692CF0-6530-44F5-8423-F3D0729B3436.png

OMG to be honest this option of "Send & Receive" just came up now, anyways, it's for iMessage, and i can't select my number for some reason

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @pakuma 

Do you by any chance have access to a different phone to try your sim there?

Also if you go into your account and check usage does it list your messages?

i don't have access to another phone, and yes, it shows messages in my usage

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Lieux @pakuma 

I know you are well intentioned but I can guarantee you that there is NOTHING you can do to fix this problem. I have 9 plans, multiple phones, including iPhone, LG, Alcatel... ALL behave the same way. One phone does not even have a place to define PM texting # for SMS or service centre ... but it used to work with PM and does work will all other carriers but stopped working with PM ONLY (to send; still can receive)... Tracing the logs it stopped working at least around March, maybe even sooner.

Texting is ONLY a problem via PM and NO ONE else. I have plans with PM, Telus & Virgin. Problem is isolated to communication with PM. Period.

This is a problem that ONLY PM needs to address and fix!

You really are wasting your time with false hope and expectation. Please read these insights and share yours regarding problems with texting with PM, here:

Problems with Texting on Public Mobile? Read my insights and share yours