Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Issue Resolved] Select customers unable to send texts

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

4:00 PM ET - May 14 2019

Hey Community,

Our technical team has successfully implemented a solution for customers who were affected by the issue outlined below.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

11:00 AM ET - May 14, 2019

Hey Community,

We have identified an issue affecting select customers on the $15 100 minute Talk + Unlimited incoming minutes plan, in which customers are unable to send texts. Data services and calling are unaffected by this issue.

Our technical team is currently working on a solution, and will have an update later today. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

119 REPLIES 119

C-L
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To reset your sim card, turn off your phone, take out your sim card, put the sim back in then turn the phone back on. I hope this helps.

Missing10Mil

I tried every trick in the book including restarting the phone multiple times but thanks ! 😄

PeterChen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I has the same problem, But I reboot the phone, and it works now

Missing10Mil

Tried all the tricks still having the issue

Michellelynn77

Mine is the same.

Michellelynn77

I cant receive incoming texts and calls today. Please help

@Missing10Mil 

Try the lost stolen phone trick as above.  

If that does not work, you will need to contact moderator via private messaging:

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Missing10Mil

I Can't receive any text messages but i can send them, i have a 40$ plan and this issue started at the same time as the others.

It looks like the fix for this problem from Public Mobile was to renew the plan.  I noticed on my account payment history that yesterday, my account was credited $15 and then money was taken out for $15.  New due date, etc....

Interesting in my add on section, there is no section on international text messages.  Text seems to work.  

I did not notice any issues with my texts recently, but I mainly use imessages....  

@Scott6370 wrote:

How do I reset sim card

Try this little trick to reactivate your sim...go in your self-serve account ..tab PLAN/ADD-ONS and click on PHONE LOST/STOLEN  and close your phone few minutes. Open it again and click on reactivate your service. 

Scott6370

How do I reset sim card

Scott6370

Sent a private message

@will13am wrote:

@Scott6370 wrote:

Husbandcant only send text to people with Telus and I’m not with them..need this fix ASAP cuz he is leaving for work

@Scott6370, contact the moderator team for assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

We sent a message

dna2016

Awesome, glad to hear the fix is in place, hopefully no more problems going forward *fingers crossed*.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Scott6370 wrote:

Husbandcant only send text to people with Telus and I’m not with them..need this fix ASAP cuz he is leaving for work

There have been some issues with texting lately. Most of these types of calls are redirected to the moderators, which will more than likely not be resolved before your husband heads to work.

Contact them by clicking here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In the meantime, maybe try removing the SIM, reseating it, rebooting the device... Long shots, but something to try.

@Scott6370 wrote:

@Scott6370, contact the moderator team for assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Scott6370

Scott6370

I set up husbands phone up and he can only receive texts from Telus customers and can’t receive from bell which is who I’m with...wish I could fix this if not I guess he will be back with bell

alfredomtz

@Alan_K  I have emailed the moderators but no response yet... I signed up with the $15 promo plan in April but wanted to upgrade to the $25 promo plan on Sunday, May 12.  I topped up my account online by $25 to ensure I had sufficient funds in the account to make the plan change right away.

I kept getting a message indicating that I needed to try again later, as there was a problem processing the request. When I signed in a while later, I had a $25 phone plan on my phone, but not the right one; it was very basic (see screen shot below).

I also saw a message indicating "Pay your amount due by 11:59 pm on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start" on Sunday. So I waited until yesterday morning to check again, and at 9:02 am PST I received an SMS indicating "Public Mobile here. Thank you for your payment. Your plan has been successfully renrewed! Let's keep the conversation going."

Since Sunday afternoon my phone has been unable to make or receive calls, or to send or receive text messages. Please advise what I can do to rectify this, as I'm paying but getting absolutely no service.

PhonePlanComparison.jpg

ethos32

Still having issues with the 15$ plan . Phone indicates text was sent but find out there were never received

byKevin

Mine was fixed for 3 days, but starting yesterday, problem re-occured, i cannot and still not able to SENT any text out 😞

@Alan_K wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

The timeliness of the announcements is getting better.  At least official announcements are coming before unofficial ones. 

Getting Better? I discovered that this problem has been going on at least since March but heard nothing of it anywhere. It is only after I sent multiple detailed logs over the last few days of how this is a problem that this announcement came out AND it still does not acknowledge that the problem exists for the $10 plan. And there are others that have been complaining about this in the forum for weeks. Nothing timely about this.

@pm-smayer97  There is a known issue with the recent unlimited incoming $15 plan that was taken care of- if you're experiencing issues with another plan, please reach out to the Moderator Team and they'll flag it for us if it's a wider issue.

I actually have reached out to the moderator team for the past several days now with EXTENSIVE details and @Oana_S  has been responding back and forth AND I have been including you in the discussion too @Alan_K. Thanks for paying attention.

EDIT: I should have been more precise and complete. We have MULTIPLE $10 plans and all are affected. The full documentation has been supplied to mods but also key parts are documented here:

Problems with Texting on Public Mobile? Read my insights and share yours

Anyone else still having problems, please share your insights/experiences there too. Keeping it consolidated in one thread might help everyone.

Alan_K

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

The timeliness of the announcements is getting better.  At least official announcements are coming before unofficial ones. 

Getting Better? I discovered that this problem has been going on at least since March but heard nothing of it anywhere. It is only after I sent multiple detailed logs over the last few days of how this is a problem that this announcement came out AND it still does not acknowledge that the problem exists for the $10 plan. And there are others that have been complaining about this in the forum for weeks. Nothing timely about this.

@pm-smayer97  There is a known issue with the recent unlimited incoming $15 plan that was taken care of- if you're experiencing issues with another plan, please reach out to the Moderator Team and they'll flag it for us if it's a wider issue.

@will13am wrote:

TheOldVR

Another bug?

I guess this explains why my parents have not been able to send text messages.....

Good news is that the communication is better on this item - hopefully we will have less system issues in the future.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This problem is NOT limited to the $15 plans... $10 plans are also affected, effectively metered text plans.

This is an incomplete assessment and annoucement. I hope they do not overlook the $10 plans.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

thanks keep the flow of info coming, much better lately!!

Jie001

Finally,got an officail reply. hope to fix it very soon. thank you

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the notice. This is a great plan. So far, it's been working well for me. Hope to see it resolved for others soon.

Need Help? Let's chat.