Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Issue Resolved] Plan data not renewing

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

4:00 PM ET - May 10 2019

Hey Community,

Our technical team has successfully implemented a solution to renew the data service for customers who were affected by the issue outlined below.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

12:30 PM ET - May 10, 2019

Hey Community,

Yesterday we identified a technical issue affecting select customers who recently renewed their plan, in which the data in their plan did not renew.

Our technical team is currently working on a solution, and will have an update later this afternoon. Meanwhile, a $0 500 MB Data Add-On has been applied on affected accounts to get you up and running while we sort this out.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

49 REPLIES 49

wwendai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anyone experience the following?

I subscribed to the $25 for 1GB plan in April.  Then May 14 came and it renewed the plan but the data addon portion of the plan didn't renew.  I message the moderators yesterday and no response yet.  Then I checked "View My Usage" and it indicated I have a call log of 

15/05/2019 12:21   Web                                                 931 MB  MB   $0.00

I'm very certain this call didn't take place.  So now based on this web call all my alotted data has been used up, data never had renewed in the first place.  Has anyone been successful in getting their data renewed or the issue resolved?

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't blame you on wanting to quit. It's frustrating. As Lieux pointed out, your best bet is to contact a moderator at the above link. If it continues, you might also want to consider filing a complaint with the CCTS.

Benjamin_Alarie

Hello,

Is there anyone I can contact to resolve this issue ? Both my mobile data and calls are blocked, even though I paid in full. It's very frustrating, and makes me want to switch companies at this point.

@Vanleegrouette wrote:

Says I'm Suspended , but I'm paid up till June 11. Is there any way I can get ahold of customer services? At all. 

Did you change your plan after your last payment??? Here you will have help from the modetator...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and give them details of your problem...Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Vanleegrouette

Says I'm Suspended , but I'm paid up till June 11. Is there any way I can get ahold of customer services? At all. 

@Vanleegrouette wrote:

Hi there,  I just paid my phone bill on the 12 of may , and now my phone isn't working will not take calls or text and will not call out or text out. Phone number is XXXXXXXXXX , you guys took it out of my bank then shut my phone off on the 14 of may. And its not due again tell Jun 11 , please help fix this problem , would like to know what's going on. 

Don't post any personal information here...we are customers like you. What is on your first page of your account ACTIVE or SUSPENDED?

@stonechucker personal information please...

Vanleegrouette

Please FIX MY PHONE. I've went to 3 different phone company that you work with and they cant even fix it because your company works on it's own,  that's its hard to get a hold of a real person. So please someone help. Thank you.

Vanleegrouette

Hi there,  I just paid my phone bill on the 12 of may , and now my phone isn't working will not take calls or text and will not call out or text out. Phone number is 2xxxxxxxxxx , you guys took it out of my bank then shut my phone off on the 14 of may. And its not due again tell Jun 11 , please help fix this problem , would like to know what's going on. 

edit by stonechucker - removed phone number.  Please do not post personal ifno.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Arman wrote:
I don't have any contact. I mean at the end, I will not renew and top-up my account

Likely either means at the end of current 30 day period or maybe when $10/30 day new customer credits run out.

No. This customer has had the no outgoing texts problem and apparently with what fixes have happened it still doesn't work for him. He has sent multiple pm's. Apparently no reply. So he means he'll run out what he has paid and go elsewhere.

@Arman wrote:
I don't have any contact. I mean at the end, I will not renew and top-up my account

Likely either means at the end of current 30 day period or maybe when $10/30 day new customer credits run out.

Arman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Are the problems only connected to the $15 plan? 

If people still have issues with Plan data not renewing, before messaging a moderator, try the lost/stolen phone trick.  It worked for one above user Nomowu

This trick seems to reset your SIM/plan.  It does no harm to your phone or plan.  

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  

Moderator wait times are longer than normal, so trying this trick may save you time.  

GreatCanadian

@Arman wrote:
Lucky Mobile has similar ($10,$15.$25,...) plans. You get all the features plus Chat and Phone Option. Other providers are adding Chat, Email and Phone options to provide a better support while Public Mobile removing these features. (Against the industry trend). I am waiting for the end of my contract to change to anther provider. I cannot trust PM anymore and Cannot handle another issue with 14 days response time. I had the worst experience with Public mobile so far. (it is not a Canadian Business model)

What contract have you signed with Public Mobile?

GC

Nomowu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

i have contacted the moderators but haven’t got a response yet. 

Can you share what steps you have taken to get your data fixed? Mine hasn’t worked since last week when my billing cycle renewed. 

Thanks

Arman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Lucky Mobile has similar ($10,$15.$25,...) plans. You get all the features plus Chat and Phone Option. Other providers are adding Chat, Email and Phone options to provide a better support while Public Mobile removing these features. (Against the industry trend). I am waiting for the end of my contract to change to anther provider. I cannot trust PM anymore and Cannot handle another issue with 14 days response time. I had the worst experience with Public mobile so far. (it is not a Canadian Business model)

Hollaatyoboy

I've been trying to add my visa debit for a week b4 my plan expires. It's a joke. I pmd a moderator a few days also no response at all. I'm gonna have to switch to lucky my days here at public Mobile are over. I don't mind paying the extra 3$ a month with lucky. Adios pm!! 

strongforest

Old plan expired a few days ago, saw the $15 plan and changed plan. Went to renew and promotional vouched sent from PM was not accepted, Invalid? What to do. Account is reinstated but no voucher applied.

@Moderator_Team

Car

Hi Alan,  will this also fix the data service itself for people who recently switched to or started recently with the 15$ plans and cannot use data right now?  Or will there be a different patch to get the data up and running again?  If its a different patch would we be able to get an eta on the fix/patch?

Ah, if this is already being addressed in another thread i can move my question there.

Thanks,

{EDIT} found the solution in another link! This community thing is superhelpful.

Jessmir88

Send private message to @CS_Agent 

Jessmir88

Are you using a compatible phone?

Perhaps check and see if your device isnt black listed. Especially if you have signal bars showing with an X on them.

It sounds like your issue is not related to people only having data not automatically renewing with their plan.

Aushel

Nothing on my plan is working at all.  Calls text. Data nothing. Number payment went through $43 and I’m still yet to have any phone services

Lizzie421

Jessmir88

Contact the moderators, they got my data up and running. It required updates to be pushed out and a simple phone reboot.

Lizzie421

PatsyL

I'm having a similar issue, I'm unable to use my phone. It's been over 48 hours since I've had service. I've tried everything to no avail. 

Very close to switching companies if my issue isn't resolved soon!!!!

dna2016

Awesome, hopefully this is the last of this issue.  Can't have people going days without service they already had.  I can understand if there was a plan change and a glitch occurred, but if you already had the plan and then the service just stops working, that's not good at all.

H_PM

Thanks Hairbag1,

I already sent a private message to the Moderartor team.

The reason I posted this message here is to bring awareness to the other users about the issue of sending SMS after plan renewal.

I am sure from my phone setting that everying is fine at my end and the issue is definitely on Public Mobile's end, which they need to fix urgently.

@H_PM wrote:

I still have the issue of sending Text message from my phone since transiting to $15 per 30 day plan from $10 per 30 day. It appears that the issue is much wider and beyond 'Plan Data on Renewal'. It might have affected the other areas like SMS while changing into a new plan or on renewal.

Request the technical team from Public Mobile to go into the details as it is quite frustrating and annoying for not having the SMS feature available when I already have paid for it.

Send the moderators a message for their consideration...Click this to message them.

As they're busy, please allow 48 hours for a response...but usually much less.

Good luck.

H_PM

I still have the issue of sending Text message from my phone since transiting to $15 per 30 day plan from $10 per 30 day. It appears that the issue is much wider and beyond 'Plan Data on Renewal'. It might have affected the other areas like SMS while changing into a new plan or on renewal.

Request the technical team from Public Mobile to go into the details as it is quite frustrating and annoying for not having the SMS feature available when I already have paid for it.

Need Help? Let's chat.