cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: [Issue Resolved] Payment and activation bug

Hi There!

i am a new customer trying to activate and my visa is being declined as well as my visa debit I have spoke to the bank and they are saying all is good on their side. The card number and billing addresses are correct. Any advice? 

Mayor / Maire

@Carleys5 

You may want to start your own topic thread to get more visibility for your issue.  

Website is finicky.  You could try a different web browser, clearing cache or incognito mode.  Chrome incognito works well with this site.

With address, if apartment number, leave that section blank.  With postal code, sometimes leave a space in between first 3 digits, sometimes no space.

Also, if you try too many times, sometimes PM will lock you out.  Then you will need to contact moderator to help set up autopay.  Click on the right lower corner question mark on this website and start the ticketing process.  

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@3mom 

Don't be confused by your actual renewal date. If online said payment day was yesterday, that means today is renewal day, not yesterday.

AE_Collector

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't think the bugs are all out yet, I've been trying to activate for abt an hr now, just not happening, keeps timing out, now the sim card doesn't regester, can't log in because the email doesn't register, so I can't reset the password it wouldn't take in the first place.

It did take the $$ no problem though.....funny eh? Total PITA, here's looking forward to customer service call first thing in the morn....grrr

Mayor / Maire

@1chelsThere is no customer service to call @ Public Mobile, if you need help you will need to contact the moderators by clicking on the ? on the lower right hand corner. Moderators usually respond within 48 hours.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@1chels wrote:

I don't think the bugs are all out yet, I've been trying to activate for abt an hr now, just not happening, keeps timing out, now the sim card doesn't regester, can't log in because the email doesn't register, so I can't reset the password it wouldn't take in the first place.

It did take the $$ no problem though.....funny eh? Total PITA, here's looking forward to customer service call first thing in the morn....grrr

@1chels  I know from personal experience activation can be an exercise in frustration. If you are waiting out a lock out session you may want to read the activating your sim in the help articles. Just type it into the search bar. There are some basics you will need to follow to achieve success. First pour yourself a tasty beverage of your choice ; a hot cup of tea, cold beer or a glass of a spicy, well rounded malbec. Have beside you pen and paper to write down your pin, security question and answer and password. You can screen shot these as well but never hurts to have extra back up. Also have copy of your credit card statement so you can be exact with your address at the beginning and at the end when you enter your credit card info. Have your friends referral code ready to enter on the first page. Now before you begin clear your browser and use secret mode before you start and use Firefox or chrome they work better with the public mobile site. Ok get started don't rush and don't rush the site by double clicking. Take your time but be methodical. Double check everything before you submit and move to the next page. Even if you are porting in your own number it can be easier to choose a temporary one for time and port it in afterwards. It's usually quicker and if you have any start up issues with your phone or services you can fix them and still have your regular phone number working. This will make page 2 much easier to get through. Once on page 3 just choose your plan don't worry about add ons. Enter the promo code in the box using ALL CAPS and no spaces. Enter your credit card info and your address exactly like the statement but do not use the apt/unit box. Leave it blank. Do not use a space in the postal code either.  Make sure you are registered for autopay. Enter your payment amount. Scan your work to make sure everything matches and submit. Takes a good long minute for it to submit so be patient. Fingers crossed and your welcome email and text with your pin code is on the way. Make sure your SIM is in the phone and reboot it if necessary. Once you have all three services working you can go in to your account and port your number if needed. Come back for more help or at least report on your success. Bravo...and welcome to public mobile.

Mayor / Maire

Be patient, avoid the frustration, don't project human motivations over machine programming... 

If the first and second attempts didn't work then wait an hour before trying again. Time to let the servers all catch up with each other, time to let the imposed (anti-spam, anti-bot, anti-brute) timeouts expire. If subsequent attempts continue to faik then something's broken - on your end, on their end, anywhere in between - change what you must, control what you can, let the rest go, no need for great drama and passion because (for whatever reason) an account couldn't be instantly created.

Many problems at PM correct themselves if you simply wait a little while. Without banging on the keys. 

My phone won't allow me to add the 1 dollar I need to reactivate my account! No payment vouchers are working and I've purchased 2 from different locations , it's getting frustrating now with no contact information for this company.

Mayor / Maire

@MeganmariieClick on the ? on the lower right hand corner. Describe your issue in short phrases to SIMon once it understands you, type submit ticket to get a support ticket generated for you. Since Public Mobile is the lowest tier of the Telus corporation, corners have to be cut somewhere ie no call centre, this is the only way to contact the staff / moderaters, expect them to get back to you in about 48 hours.

I still cannot make a payment to my account. It will not recognize my card to put the money on the account. I will be travelling to the U.S. and need to put add ons on my phone.  Need help