cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Issue Resolved] Payment and activation bug

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Great news! We’re writing this update to let you know that our technical team has been successful in addressing two issues that have frequently been spotted in the Community. We want to extend a big thank you to you, our customers, for flagging these issues to us and keeping us on the ball. See below for details:

1. Enough funds but plan didn’t renew: The first is a bug that may occur when there are enough funds in a customer’s account but the payment is not taken. The common workaround is to make a manual $1 payment to the account to kickstart the payment being taken once again. A fix for this was deployed on September 18, 2019, and since then, no new cases have been flagged as we monitored for further instances.
  2. Timeouts while activating a SIM: Second, as we became aware of an issue on our web portals which were causing newly activating customers to experience a timeout (and need to wait 50 minutes for their next attempt), we decided to improve our hardware capabilities during the month of August to October, which would help us handle additional traffic and demand. Thus far, the solution has been effective in dropping observed cases to zero since the week of September 30th.
  3. Coming soon - a fix for the US Roaming Bug which affects customers returning to Canada after roaming in which they are unable to receive SMS’s. A fix for this is in the pipeline and we’ll be turning our immediate attention to this in the coming weeks!

We’re continuing to focus on ways to make your experience greater by improving the reliability of our systems, and we hope you’re as excited as us that these items are being taken off the to-do list one-by-one 🙂 . Let us know what you think down below!

-Public Mobile Community Team

78 REPLIES 78

station1104
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I see a big difference now. Thank you.

Timeouts while activating a SIM: Second, as we became aware of an issue on our web portals which were causing newly activating customers to experience a timeout (and need to wait 50 minutes for their next attempt), we decided to improve our hardware capabilities during the month of August to October, which would help us handle additional traffic and demand. Thus far, the solution has been effective in dropping observed cases to zero since the week of September 30th.

@kelamiertan 

I have removed the picture from your message because it contains information about yourself and your account that you should not be posting.  You will still need to delete the screenshot from your Community profile.  Please open your Community avatar and go into My Profile. From there, go into My Photos, select All Images, and then put a check mark next to the picture.  Click on Image Options and delete it.

Since your plan should have renewed this morning, when did you take that screenshot?  Is your service still working?  If your service is not working, try making a $1 payment.

kelamiertan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think we are facing this bug

please check the attached image and please activate the account regard

edited by computergeek541: screenshot removed (personal information)

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is great news. I'm pleased with the progress

ottawa

@AE_Collector wrote:

Are you certain you have renewed today and not tomorrow? The date indicated for payment is always the last day of service meaning get your payment done so you are ready for renewal over night tonight.

Terry

Thanks good question. I'll check again tomorrow but I'm sure it's wrong. The history is always credits then charges.

Lynegagnon25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

we did get that problem, after a while i tryied to reopned my account and the account did'nt exist anymore so i tryied to resarted all over again, could'nt reuse de sim. so i figure that none of that worked because of the bug. Baught another sim, redid the account all over again using same email,same password with a different phone number. That time it worked.Only problem is now i am beeing also charge for the other account that did'nt work, and i cant get in to cause it had the same user name has the new one.How could i terminate that sim card?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for keeping us up to date 🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Definitely great news for customers that a few, at least, of these glitches have been resolved and some other issues are in the pipeline to be resolved. 

sunflowershine

These are good news!

@ottawa wrote:

Today Oct 7 is my payment date. "Transactions" shows they took my $40 but didn't credit my Rewards (not even Autopay). It's 1215pm EDT, is it possible that's coming? Doesn't make sense because the credits should be applied before the balance owing is calculated.

Thanks.

=aw

Are you certain you have renewed today and not tomorrow? The date indicated for payment is always the last day of service meaning get your payment done so you are ready for renewal over night tonight.

Terry

Great to see these issues being tackled. That returning to Canada problem appears to be particularly annoying though I haven’t had occasion to have this problem yet.

Can I drive my “inability to print off or email a simple receipt for services” problem to the end of the lineup and park it there for upcoming attention?

Terry

ottawa

Today Oct 7 is my payment date. "Transactions" shows they took my $40 but didn't credit my Rewards (not even Autopay). It's 1215pm EDT, is it possible that's coming? Doesn't make sense because the credits should be applied before the balance owing is calculated.

Thanks.

=aw

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Glad to see some fixes being implemented.  We will be monitoring to see if new cases come up with these issues.  Looking forward to a fix for the US roaming bug as I head to the US in just under 2 weeks

@ShawnC13 knowing the pace of changes at PM, I'm guessing the fix won't be in place in time for your trip.  Keep in mind the preventative workaround of submitting a ticket to manually remove your add-on the moment you get back into Canada.  If you can get that actioned in time, you won't experience the bug at all.  

@Alan_K I have to say I'm shocked and impressed.  Please, keep up the good work!!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's really great news.  Three major annoyances down.

A few more to go. 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Glad to see some fixes being implemented.  We will be monitoring to see if new cases come up with these issues.  Looking forward to a fix for the US roaming bug as I head to the US in just under 2 weeks

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for the update, Alan.  Good to hear.  That US roaming bug has been plaguing PM customers ever since roaming was introduced in Nov 2016.  Sadly, I've hardly known a time when this bug didn't exist, since that was also the month I joined PM.

smp99

Thanks for listening!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Excellent start...keep up the good works.

Need Help? Let's chat.