Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Issue Resolved] Dropped calls issue

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

9:30 PM ET - May 8, 2019

Hey Community,

We can confirm that the solution our team implemented earlier today to address customers’ voice calls periodically dropping has been resolved.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this service issue may have caused and thank you for your patience as we worked to find a resolution over the past few days and we recognize the frustrations you have felt. To that end, in the case of a technical glitch like we experienced, we want to be certain that the information we are sharing with our customers is accurate and helpful. However, as you have voiced, we too believe that updates should be timely as well. We have heard you and we are committed to improving our processes so we can keep you informed as much as we can going forward.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

4:30 PM ET - May 8, 2019

Hey Community,

We have implemented a solution to resolve the issue causing customers’ voice calls to drop during peak times. We are actively monitoring the Community and our systems to ensure there are no further inconveniences to our customers. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here and we can assist.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience. We will provide a further update as soon as possible.

12:00 PM ET - May 7, 2019

Hey Community,

We are aware that some customers continue to experience dropped calls during peak hours and our team is working to address this immediately. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here and we can assist on a case by case basis.

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience as we work towards a resolution. We will provide further updates as soon as we know more.

12:00 PM ET - May 6, 2019

Hey Community,

We have identified the source of the technical issue causing select customers to experience dropped calls during peak hours. We've implemented a solution that we believe has resolved the dropped calls issues. However, we are monitoring and ask customers to reach out if you continue to experience any issues.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. We will provide an update first thing tomorrow morning.

May 3, 2019

Hi Community,

We have heard your concerns around some calling and service issues and we thank you for flagging them to us. After investigation, we have identified the cause of the issues some of you have been experiencing and want to share an update.

1. Dropped calls - We’re currently experiencing an issue in which select customers may experience dropped calls during peak usage times (approximately 4 to 7pm ET time). Text/data capabilities remain unaffected. Our team is diligently investigating the source of this issue and is fully committed to restoring normal functionality as soon as possible. Until then, we appreciate your understanding.

• What you can do if you want to connect with someone during peak usage times:
      • Use texting, wi-fi, or data to stay connected
      • Use wi-fi calling apps

2. $15 Plan - We’ve successfully fixed an issue that affected the service for select customers who signed up or changed to the $15 100 minute plan beginning April 30. This issue arose at 12:15 AM ET on May 3rd, was identified by our team, and was fixed as of 1 PM ET May 3rd. We understand that staying connected is important, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

• If you’re on this plan and are experiencing any issues other than dropped calls, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here - don’t forget to be as descriptive as possible and to include your account information so that we can assist you as quickly as possible.

We apologize for these inconveniences and the delay on our end in updating you officially. We always look to identify what the issue is and the impact while gathering as much information as we can before announcing, as we want to mitigate any concerns or questions you may have. However, we understand that those of you affected directly, want an update right away. To that end we are working on improving our internal processes in order to get in touch with you as quickly as we can.

Stay tuned as we will update you on the first issue as soon as we can.

Public Mobile Community Team

314 REPLIES 314

Arman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I already have filed a formal complain with CCTS. Next step is write an email to "gopublic@cbc.ca" and they will start investigation and this would be on cbc news as well. PM should treat all the customers fairly or quit this business. I recommend you to write an email to gopublic@cbc.ca.

@Arman, @Mia, don't waste any more time with refund requests to Public Mobile.

It's better to open a formal complaint with CCTS and request the refund there. It's much more productive and very simple to do.

Public Mobile won't issue refunds until CCTS forces them to do so.

Arman
I did ask for a refund and compensation as well. This the email that I got: Public Mobile will not be liable to you for any expenses arising out of or in connection with the use or failure of the service... LOL

Mia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I asked for a refund as well...and they just emailed me back and told me (quoted text from the email):

Sorry to hear you're leaving Smiley Sad

Public Mobile is a prepaid company so there are no refunds. It is listed in our terms and conditions that you can also check out at the link below:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/pdfs/Public_Mobile_Terms_of_Service.pdf

Anna,

Public Mobile Moderator

THIS IS VERY VERY UPSETTING THAT THEY DON'T STAND UP FOR THEIR SERVICES!!!  They didn't even offer to send out new sim cards, or give a credit for the time and frustration being caused by this service issue. They blamed my phone, and my sim, then when I asked for a refund and I would go else where that was the email I got.

I can't afford to switch without the refund...so thank you public mobile for screwing me over!!!

Arman
They do not response to any of my Private Email, Even when I asked them to give me the credit and I will leave PM. I have two opened tickets and ask for update and no response. Response to one of my ticket indicate I have to wait 24 to 72 hours and it is already passed more than a week. Moderators are neither helpful nor useful.

Arman
we are all together to improve the quality of these services

Kiki

@sunflowershine  your silence speaks volumes to me....

Kiki

@sunflowershine Glad you do not think I am stupid

@sunflowershine where is this remote place that I might find a moderator?

@sunflowershine  ‘more or less we have paid the price for our services’.....are you kidding me???

@sunflowershine ‘They will reply to our question but not necessary every customer agree with what they said’ ???

sunflowershine

@KikiDon't think that you are stupid. You may find that the moderator in a remote place. More or less we have paid the price for services. They will reply to our question but not necessary every customer agree with what they said.

Kiki

@sunflowershine patiently awaiting your reply....going to sleep now, good night 🙂

Kiki

Perhaps you fail to understand that I once worked for a telecommunication company...so your logic is dismissed...please try again in the morning

Kiki

@sunflowershine I totally believe your reply, because I am just that stupid 😅

sunflowershine

@KikiI don't think the Moderator team is that bad. I think it is the timely issue. There is another customer having a problem in texting and he got the response from the Moderator. I contacted them once and got the reply in a day. They are the one can get access to the system and I will trust their professional.

Kiki

@Arman Please tell us how trying to contact the moderators has worked out for you...

Kiki

Kiki

@sunflowershine  Please tell me you are kidding 😞 this whole community is about contacting the moderators 😞 this is why we are all extremely frustrated by the lack of response from the moderators!!! 😤😤😤

sunflowershine

@Kiki Have you contact the Moderator yet? If it takes that long and something that we may not be able to help out. Just send a private message to the Moderator by click on the Envelop icon and send to "Moderator_Team". 

Kiki

@sunflowershine  Have you replied to my other thread yet.,,as previously mentioned??

sunflowershine

@Kiki You need to create a new issue to get help from the community. The most experience members won't spend much time on every single reply.

Kiki

@Arman  I changed the topic of this thread to include you not receiving texts, does that help? 🙂

Arman
As a community member, I will support you to the end.

sonician

I have opened an official complaint with the CCTS as well, since PM has stopped offering to help.

Arman
Yes, I have already filed a complaint with CCTS.

@Arman 12 days is ridiculous! Have you filed a CCTS complaint already?

I would do that while you wait and ask for a reasonable amount of compensation.

Arman
Don't expect any help from Moderator team. I have been waiting for 12 days.

sonician

Another dropped call today at 5:00pm Atlantic time after just 10 minutes and 11 seconds on the phone.

Still no response from anyone from the @CS_Agent despite multiple private messages.

And yes, I've power cycled my phone every single day. 

sinmaxmedia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can confirm that after working with the @mods and technical team a few days ago, I am no longer dropping calls after a power cycle.

Thanks PM.

J

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@CalvinW wrote:

Why did they take away the original post about calls dropping? Although less frequently, but my calls are still dropping nonetheless. Best to avoid these plans if making a call is important to you. 

The Dropped Calls topic is the fourth one down the list for me at the moment. It hasn’t “left the building”!

Terry

ipkonfig
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CalvinW wrote:

Why did they take away the original post about calls dropping? Although less frequently, but my calls are still dropping nonetheless. Best to avoid these plans if making a call is important to you. 

Because it doesn't look good for them to keep such threads alive. Just imagine someone new who heard about PM for the very first time and decided to check out the forums before buying a SIM card to port to this network. The very first thing he/she will see will be the thread about calls getting dropped. Looking at the volume of people who reported the call drops, they might think it is safer to stick with their existing network. This might explain why they deleted that thread.

CalvinW

Need Help? Let's chat.