Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Issue Resolved] Dropped calls issue

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

9:30 PM ET - May 8, 2019

Hey Community,

We can confirm that the solution our team implemented earlier today to address customers’ voice calls periodically dropping has been resolved.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this service issue may have caused and thank you for your patience as we worked to find a resolution over the past few days and we recognize the frustrations you have felt. To that end, in the case of a technical glitch like we experienced, we want to be certain that the information we are sharing with our customers is accurate and helpful. However, as you have voiced, we too believe that updates should be timely as well. We have heard you and we are committed to improving our processes so we can keep you informed as much as we can going forward.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

4:30 PM ET - May 8, 2019

Hey Community,

We have implemented a solution to resolve the issue causing customers’ voice calls to drop during peak times. We are actively monitoring the Community and our systems to ensure there are no further inconveniences to our customers. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here and we can assist.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience. We will provide a further update as soon as possible.

12:00 PM ET - May 7, 2019

Hey Community,

We are aware that some customers continue to experience dropped calls during peak hours and our team is working to address this immediately. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here and we can assist on a case by case basis.

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience as we work towards a resolution. We will provide further updates as soon as we know more.

12:00 PM ET - May 6, 2019

Hey Community,

We have identified the source of the technical issue causing select customers to experience dropped calls during peak hours. We've implemented a solution that we believe has resolved the dropped calls issues. However, we are monitoring and ask customers to reach out if you continue to experience any issues.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. We will provide an update first thing tomorrow morning.

May 3, 2019

Hi Community,

We have heard your concerns around some calling and service issues and we thank you for flagging them to us. After investigation, we have identified the cause of the issues some of you have been experiencing and want to share an update.

1. Dropped calls - We’re currently experiencing an issue in which select customers may experience dropped calls during peak usage times (approximately 4 to 7pm ET time). Text/data capabilities remain unaffected. Our team is diligently investigating the source of this issue and is fully committed to restoring normal functionality as soon as possible. Until then, we appreciate your understanding.

• What you can do if you want to connect with someone during peak usage times:
      • Use texting, wi-fi, or data to stay connected
      • Use wi-fi calling apps

2. $15 Plan - We’ve successfully fixed an issue that affected the service for select customers who signed up or changed to the $15 100 minute plan beginning April 30. This issue arose at 12:15 AM ET on May 3rd, was identified by our team, and was fixed as of 1 PM ET May 3rd. We understand that staying connected is important, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

• If you’re on this plan and are experiencing any issues other than dropped calls, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here - don’t forget to be as descriptive as possible and to include your account information so that we can assist you as quickly as possible.

We apologize for these inconveniences and the delay on our end in updating you officially. We always look to identify what the issue is and the impact while gathering as much information as we can before announcing, as we want to mitigate any concerns or questions you may have. However, we understand that those of you affected directly, want an update right away. To that end we are working on improving our internal processes in order to get in touch with you as quickly as we can.

Stay tuned as we will update you on the first issue as soon as we can.

Public Mobile Community Team

314 REPLIES 314

Arman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
shall I mention obvious?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Arman wrote:
Sorry to mention but It is no Resolved.

I wasn't aware you were also getting the dropped calls. I thought you were just getting no outgoing texts.

Arman
Sorry to mention but It is no Resolved.

@NDesai @computergeek541 @ipkonfig @Kiki 

Guys, I'm pretty sure @duren was kidding.

sonician

This issue is *NOT* resolved. 

I just had a call drop tonight at 8:06pm Atlantic time after 10:50 of talk time.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@CS_Agent great job, it seems the dropping calls problem is fixed! 

Arman

One with limited knowledge and access.
Keep repeating “Issue Well documented and Resolved”. LOL

@Arman wrote:

Tech did call me.
This is another disadvantage of this provider.
You have to send an email to a black hole and hoping you get a response.

At least now we know they exist (well, at least one tech) Smiley LOL

Arman

Tech did call me.
This is another disadvantage of this provider.
You have to send an email to a black hole and hoping you get a response.
I have sent 10 emails last 24 hours to get only and only an update regarding the ticket that I have and no response so far. !!!

@Arman wrote:

I talked to one of the tech and he did not have any information or any clues about the issue.

"One of the tech"... PM's tech? Over the phone? How did you ended up talking with them?

Arman

I talked to one of the tech and he did not have any information or any clues about the issue.
(I have to mention that call dropped twice middle of our conversation).

All he mentioned, “Issue resolved” and I still have the same issue for 9 consecutive day

@chrism wrote:

Obviously I don't expect anything too specific, but will they provide an explanation of the cause, and why it took so long to recognize and diagnose and repair (if it is actually repaired this time)?

Was it a setting that a tech changed by mistake, or a piece of equipment that was intermittently acting faulty?  How can I be assured that the same thing won't start happening again shortly?

I think you are dreaming here... we'll most probably know nothing more than what has been said...

chrism
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Obviously I don't expect anything too specific, but will they provide an explanation of the cause, and why it took so long to recognize and diagnose and repair (if it is actually repaired this time)?

Was it a setting that a tech changed by mistake, or a piece of equipment that was intermittently acting faulty?  How can I be assured that the same thing won't start happening again shortly?

Arman

They are not trustable any more.
They already mentioned the Call drop issue fixed several time (it is fake)

This trick does not work any more

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hanking wrote:

I don't trust PM now, they know their problems and pretend they have solved them.

This is ridiculous.

This is not Canadian at all.

Canadian?! How does patriotism enter into it?

It's a corporation with the sole focus on making money by extracting as much as it can out of the pockets of its customers OR not spending it on resources like people. Like any business.

I get the frustration though.

hanking

I don't trust PM now, they know their problems and pretend they have solved them.

This is ridiculous.

This is not Canadian at all.

Arman

You drew the picture very nicely and there are more in to it.

I hope the moderator and Public Mobile could get this issue (Call Drop and no text) serious.  

This is the worst service and provider that I have seen so far.

One or two hours interrupt is acceptable but 9 days without text message and call drop for more than 2 week. !!!

black-knight

We will all know between 4pm and 7pm if network is fixed. As of yesterday there were still dropped calls everywhere. Business people upset. SENIORS ARE MAD, AS THEY ARE SPEAKING TO DOCTORS AND CALLS GET DROPPED. People getting interviews set up are dropping calls with centres that use 1800#s and can't get interviews set up .Does anyone get the picture. The So called program is failing. Free service for a month would only be a start. Fixing the network most important. Now !! Not tomorrow or the following month. 

Arman

Text is an issue,

Can Community expedite this by sending the message to moderator

Arman

Support you. Consider Luck mobile as well.

GR
Mayor / Maire

So far today I Havnt seen anyone saying they had dropped calls. I see there's still texting issues! 

hanking

I will port mine to chatr. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Arman

It is day 9th that I have no text. They keep asking me wait,

Wait.........

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Arman wrote:

any update about text issue?

Good question. As I'm sure you have been keeping an eye out...I haven't seen any mention of that problem either.

Maybe just restart the phone every day and things will fix themselves like magic. It's not like the company will send personalized letters to every affected customer. 🙂 But it would be nice if they could reply to private messages anyway.

Arman

any update about text issue?

timmy46
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I always run my phone on 3G as LTE network signal is weak where I live and half the calls go directly to voicemail. I too experience dropped calls. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zhouzhilong 

Looking at the OP from Alan_K updated as of 9:30pm May 8 seems to say it is resolved.

Zhouzhilong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Topic seems changed to resolved. Is that true statement?

ipkonfig

Is anyone seeing the option to enable VoLTE in their iPhones? I thought that feature is network and more importantly dependent on the SIM card inserted. 

Need Help? Let's chat.