Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Issue Resolved] Dropped calls issue

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

9:30 PM ET - May 8, 2019

Hey Community,

We can confirm that the solution our team implemented earlier today to address customers’ voice calls periodically dropping has been resolved.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this service issue may have caused and thank you for your patience as we worked to find a resolution over the past few days and we recognize the frustrations you have felt. To that end, in the case of a technical glitch like we experienced, we want to be certain that the information we are sharing with our customers is accurate and helpful. However, as you have voiced, we too believe that updates should be timely as well. We have heard you and we are committed to improving our processes so we can keep you informed as much as we can going forward.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

4:30 PM ET - May 8, 2019

Hey Community,

We have implemented a solution to resolve the issue causing customers’ voice calls to drop during peak times. We are actively monitoring the Community and our systems to ensure there are no further inconveniences to our customers. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here and we can assist.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience. We will provide a further update as soon as possible.

12:00 PM ET - May 7, 2019

Hey Community,

We are aware that some customers continue to experience dropped calls during peak hours and our team is working to address this immediately. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here and we can assist on a case by case basis.

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience as we work towards a resolution. We will provide further updates as soon as we know more.

12:00 PM ET - May 6, 2019

Hey Community,

We have identified the source of the technical issue causing select customers to experience dropped calls during peak hours. We've implemented a solution that we believe has resolved the dropped calls issues. However, we are monitoring and ask customers to reach out if you continue to experience any issues.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. We will provide an update first thing tomorrow morning.

May 3, 2019

Hi Community,

We have heard your concerns around some calling and service issues and we thank you for flagging them to us. After investigation, we have identified the cause of the issues some of you have been experiencing and want to share an update.

1. Dropped calls - We’re currently experiencing an issue in which select customers may experience dropped calls during peak usage times (approximately 4 to 7pm ET time). Text/data capabilities remain unaffected. Our team is diligently investigating the source of this issue and is fully committed to restoring normal functionality as soon as possible. Until then, we appreciate your understanding.

• What you can do if you want to connect with someone during peak usage times:
      • Use texting, wi-fi, or data to stay connected
      • Use wi-fi calling apps

2. $15 Plan - We’ve successfully fixed an issue that affected the service for select customers who signed up or changed to the $15 100 minute plan beginning April 30. This issue arose at 12:15 AM ET on May 3rd, was identified by our team, and was fixed as of 1 PM ET May 3rd. We understand that staying connected is important, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

• If you’re on this plan and are experiencing any issues other than dropped calls, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here - don’t forget to be as descriptive as possible and to include your account information so that we can assist you as quickly as possible.

We apologize for these inconveniences and the delay on our end in updating you officially. We always look to identify what the issue is and the impact while gathering as much information as we can before announcing, as we want to mitigate any concerns or questions you may have. However, we understand that those of you affected directly, want an update right away. To that end we are working on improving our internal processes in order to get in touch with you as quickly as we can.

Stay tuned as we will update you on the first issue as soon as we can.

Public Mobile Community Team

314 REPLIES 314

Klane
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@JoeBush wrote:

PM is being very quiet about this disaster.

@Alan_K 

Do you now see  how  many people will not tolerate this many service problems. I expect to see some serious credits for the lost days of service and dropped calls.  

Unless you make all of this right you are going to lose a lot of customers.

It's sad because in theory PM should be like Koodo with no stores or agents but the service is so bad I can't tell anyone i know about the data deal because for a few dollars I can t have them hate me because there phone is crap.

@raf730 wrote:

Hi Alan 

I have Dropped calls issue on my phone I really can not use it would you please can help me to resolve this issue 

Regard, 

Rafael 

There's a known problem on Public Mobile network that shows up as dropped calls. Send a message to moderators for their direction...Click this to message them.

Good luck.

raf730
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Alan 

I have Dropped calls issue on my phone I really can not use it would you please can help me to resolve this issue 

Regard, 

Rafael 

CalvinW

What trash service! My calls kept dropping every 5 minutes. How am I supposed to explain it to my clients, that I'm with a pathetic mobile company where it's not even possible to make a phone call...

Metal1967

Longtime customer here...dropped calls are NOT ..fixed...PATHETIC...oh well..thats what you get when you try and save a dollar..

ambkms
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

And the dropped calls continue....

11:55 a.m., 1:15 p.m., 1:40 p.m., 1:45 p.m., 1:46 p.m., 1:47 p.m., 3:31 p.m., 3:32 p.m., 3:45 p.m., 3:53 p.m., 4:01 p.m., 4:51 p.m., 4:53 p.m. TODAY (Alberta).

Not one dropped call in 3 years with Koodo.

Perhaps, customers should be making these dropped call issues public on PM's facebook page or other social media.  I would not have switched over had I known.

primarytech

@sonician I couldn’t agree with you more. For me, they are hurting their own brand. I put this on Telus and not a sub sub brand. 

sonician

Unfortunately, it feels more and more like Telus is intentionally sabotaging their own sub-brand to get people to leave it. 

tradelink

Same here. Dropped calls during a very important call last week, and again 5 times today on another important phone call.

This is UNACCEPTABLE and we should all leave and give our business to LUCKY Mobile from Bell Telephone.

I have referred 3 people and now just waiting to get basted for telling them to leave Telus and switch to Pubic Mobile.   

BULL**bleep** - this is 2019 figure your **bleep** out TELUS. 

JoeBush

Nothings changed. Just as bad as ever. Multiple dropped calls. May 7, 2019.

Public mobile just took off the 3gb promo for bell /Virgin/lucky customers. I guess now is not a good time to attract customers! 

Alley_katt74

I've already emailed but I'm so frustrated I literally want to cry..I've had 20+ calls drop today alone while trying to reach a Gov office for extremely important call. After emailing on this I've literally wasted 35 mins now on 2 calls to get dropped around 13 to 15 mins on hold. This is unacceptable..I'm paying for what here??? I can't rely on my phone..you want referrals from customers I wouldn't refer anyone after the last week and specifically today..I'm currently looking for another provider myself!

geologyking

Got a reply from moderators who suggested power cycling the phone--had already tried that to no avail.  Anyone have luck with that?

Also asked a few follow up questions about location, dates of calls dropped.  Really, all the information that was already shared.

I don't think they've got a clue what's causing this.

primarytech

@chrism you are on Telus network that’s what’s troubling. I’m sure they use software management where public mobile users are not getting the priority over calls hence the drop calls. Scummy Telus. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Thanhhoaphan wrote:

Bonjour,
Je suis une cliente depuis des années.
Depuis environ un mois,  je ne suis pas contente qu'à chaque fois je suis au téléphone en conversation, alors le ligne a toujours coupé. ça perte beaucoup intérêt.
SVP veuillez corriger  Merci bien

@Thanhhoaphan 

Public Mobile s’efforce de résoudre ce problème, mais vous devez informer les modérateurs de votre cas par un message privé avec ce lien.

(Traduit via Google)

chrism

Why is this happening, is this also happening to Telus or Koodo customers?

I was led to believe that my traffic was entirely on the Telus network, is that false and some of my traffic is going over PM's infrastructure?

Kiki

@hairbag1 Thank you for the link the direct message the moderators, I sent them this:

"I understand that the service is cheap, and I've been a customer for years and put my whole family on PM and had been happy with it up until now....but this is too much...dropped calls of this frequency and for this length of time are not acceptable. If not resolved by tomorrow, I will be forced to switch carriers, as I require a reliable phone line. Beyond that...this is a huge safety issue...what if someone was trying to call 911? "

chrism

I've had at least one dropped call every day since I switched to Public Mobile.

A call from my Mom dropped after about 5 minutes today, at 11AM Pacific time.  I'm in a residential area with (I would say with near certainty) very light useage.

Sorry to say, but my overall service rating of Public Mobile thus far: 1/10.

primarytech

This reminds me of times when I used to get a cheap web hosting and the server would constantly go up and down. 

Even though some users have reported they never had an issue with Telus, I would honestly never go with Telus or Koodo just based on this experience. 

Thanhhoaphan

Bonjour,
Je suis une cliente depuis des années.
Depuis environ un mois,  je ne suis pas contente qu'à chaque fois je suis au téléphone en conversation, alors le ligne a toujours coupé. ça perte beaucoup intérêt.
SVP veuillez corriger  Merci bien

@Kiki wrote:

Oh heck no 😞 Here I've been thinking that maybe it was my phone that was the issue and now I find out it's the carrier? AND it's been going on for weeks AND is still not resolved AND no response today from PM?

NOT HAPPY PUBLIC MOBILE....if not resolved by tomorrow I will be switching carriers! 😞

Here's a link to send a message to the PM moderators. Click this to message them.

Kiki

Oh heck no 😞 Here I've been thinking that maybe it was my phone that was the issue and now I find out it's the carrier? AND it's been going on for weeks AND is still not resolved AND no response today from PM?

NOT HAPPY PUBLIC MOBILE....if not resolved by tomorrow I will be switching carriers! 😞

Coling

More dropped calls again today 12:05, 1:19, 1:30. Gave up and switched over to facetime audio. 

please provide an update PM

myyykkee

Same thing again today. Dropped calls at 3:26, 3:33, 3:39 and 3:40. when is this going to be fixed? I'm paying for your service and not getting it. We should be credited. 

ambkms

Reasonable prices do not justify the poor service:

Dropped calls today at 11:55 a.m., 1:15 p.m., 1:40 p.m., 1:45 p.m., 1:46 p.m., 1:47 p.m. (Alberta).

smp99

Hawaiian time. Still early there

JoeBush

PM is being very quiet about this disaster.

doctorbe

12:00 PM ET - May 6, 2019

"We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. We will provide an update first thing tomorrow morning.

-Public Mobile Community team"

Hey PM, Sitting here at 9:19am on May 7th PDT, wondering where the "first thing tomorrow morning" update is...

JoeBush

Everybody I talked to says it's embarrassing. 

sorinto

Was this really fixed by 12 PM yesterday? I had 4 dropped calls during a conference call after that. Embarassing.

06/05/2019 4:01Outgoing Call416 ...800377 ...ONTARIONANP area0:07:03 Minutes$0.00
06/05/2019 3:47Outgoing Call416 ...800377 ...ONTARIONANP area0:14:03 Minutes$0.00
06/05/2019 3:38Outgoing Call

800377 ...ONTARIONANP area0:09:03 Minutes$0.00
Need Help? Let's chat.