Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Issue Resolved] Dropped calls issue

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

9:30 PM ET - May 8, 2019

Hey Community,

We can confirm that the solution our team implemented earlier today to address customers’ voice calls periodically dropping has been resolved.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this service issue may have caused and thank you for your patience as we worked to find a resolution over the past few days and we recognize the frustrations you have felt. To that end, in the case of a technical glitch like we experienced, we want to be certain that the information we are sharing with our customers is accurate and helpful. However, as you have voiced, we too believe that updates should be timely as well. We have heard you and we are committed to improving our processes so we can keep you informed as much as we can going forward.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

4:30 PM ET - May 8, 2019

Hey Community,

We have implemented a solution to resolve the issue causing customers’ voice calls to drop during peak times. We are actively monitoring the Community and our systems to ensure there are no further inconveniences to our customers. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here and we can assist.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience. We will provide a further update as soon as possible.

12:00 PM ET - May 7, 2019

Hey Community,

We are aware that some customers continue to experience dropped calls during peak hours and our team is working to address this immediately. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here and we can assist on a case by case basis.

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience as we work towards a resolution. We will provide further updates as soon as we know more.

12:00 PM ET - May 6, 2019

Hey Community,

We have identified the source of the technical issue causing select customers to experience dropped calls during peak hours. We've implemented a solution that we believe has resolved the dropped calls issues. However, we are monitoring and ask customers to reach out if you continue to experience any issues.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. We will provide an update first thing tomorrow morning.

May 3, 2019

Hi Community,

We have heard your concerns around some calling and service issues and we thank you for flagging them to us. After investigation, we have identified the cause of the issues some of you have been experiencing and want to share an update.

1. Dropped calls - We’re currently experiencing an issue in which select customers may experience dropped calls during peak usage times (approximately 4 to 7pm ET time). Text/data capabilities remain unaffected. Our team is diligently investigating the source of this issue and is fully committed to restoring normal functionality as soon as possible. Until then, we appreciate your understanding.

• What you can do if you want to connect with someone during peak usage times:
      • Use texting, wi-fi, or data to stay connected
      • Use wi-fi calling apps

2. $15 Plan - We’ve successfully fixed an issue that affected the service for select customers who signed up or changed to the $15 100 minute plan beginning April 30. This issue arose at 12:15 AM ET on May 3rd, was identified by our team, and was fixed as of 1 PM ET May 3rd. We understand that staying connected is important, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

• If you’re on this plan and are experiencing any issues other than dropped calls, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here - don’t forget to be as descriptive as possible and to include your account information so that we can assist you as quickly as possible.

We apologize for these inconveniences and the delay on our end in updating you officially. We always look to identify what the issue is and the impact while gathering as much information as we can before announcing, as we want to mitigate any concerns or questions you may have. However, we understand that those of you affected directly, want an update right away. To that end we are working on improving our internal processes in order to get in touch with you as quickly as we can.

Stay tuned as we will update you on the first issue as soon as we can.

Public Mobile Community Team

314 REPLIES 314

tissertc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem since the day they took my money by automatic payment, is so nice to not have service from A WEEK BY NOW without any resolution!!!!!!! I have wrote an email to someone from PM who in the pass resolved another similar issue (after many days though) and haven't heard from her. Then I sent a message to a Moderator, same thing, I'm so tired of the Canadian Cellphone Rip Off style, people would ask why I'm still with them, simple: We all have different life styles and some of us don't need to pay a fortune for a cheap quality (anyway-comparing US) cellphone service! Is not too much to ask for a reliable service, it does not matter how much you pay for it. POOR SERVICE PUBLIC MOBILE, I have another line with CHATR, they are ok with service but I paid twice than in US in order to have a working line...........

Secondhandsomke

Mine has been going on for weeks aswell. It will drop 10 times within an 30 min conversation. Typically between 4pm and 6pm EST. I'm not on a **bleep** $15 dollar plan I pay a lot on 2 phones with pm for this garbage service. Not that a mod could be bothered to get back to me. Think I gotta switch providers if this isn't fixed in a couple of days.

@dna2016 wrote:

Thanks for the update on both of these major issues.  Been noticing quite a few issues over the past few months.  Might be a good time to take a break on all these promos and focus on ensuring major issues like dropped calls and features not working, are being handled quickly, and look to see how these can be prevented in the future.  Having amazing plans and rewards are great, but all that is useless if customers aren't able to even use their phone essentials.

@dna2016, this request continues, and still it doesn't get answered, but only ignored.  I've suggested this many times since 2016.

Getting new customers is more important than serving current users.

But keep hoping.  I know I am.

dna2016

Thanks for the update on both of these major issues.  Been noticing quite a few issues over the past few months.  Might be a good time to take a break on all these promos and focus on ensuring major issues like dropped calls and features not working, are being handled quickly, and look to see how these can be prevented in the future.  Having amazing plans and rewards are great, but all that is useless if customers aren't able to even use their phone essentials.

annicktoutcourt

Hi,

Nothing is working since yesterday : calls AND texts. Can you provide info about the problem? Tell when it will be fixed? If someone is working on it?

It's the second time it's happening in a few months, is that a way to force people to update to more expensive plans? My friends paying more are never experiencing any trouble...

Thanks

yeulmok
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for your every effort.

I have no problem with my number now.

I am really satisfied with Public Mobile.

mamu

Looking forward to hearing the dropped-call issue has been resolved. I’ve dropped so many calls in the last two weeks (I’m on the west coast and have been dropping calls between 3-5 pm for the last 10 days) that I now borrow my husband’s non-PM phone to make important calls. 

You can only wait for their response, its only way to deal with it.  Too bad eh? !Smiley Happy

@hanking  a écrit :

The $15 plan still has an issue until May 4th. Cannot send texts but can receive.

Did you write a message to the moderator here to let them know...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 ?

hanking

The $15 plan still has an issue until May 4th. Cannot send texts but can receive.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Arman wrote:

Issue not resolved yet.

I still cannot send text

All you can do is wait for them to get back to you. There's nothing else we can do for you here as fellow customers. You have seemed unwilling to try the lost/stolen feature so far.

Arman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Issue not resolved yet.

I still cannot send text

Arman

I still have text issue.

Sent 4 private email to moderate and no reply so far. 

Plus they charged me $30 for w $15 plan.

What is the next step of escalation  

Gorgen

Thanks so much for trying to fix the issues some customers are experiencing. I have been a customer for over a year and have never had a single issue relating to dropped calls. Keep up the great service you are providing to us.

glemlin

Are any details available regarding the dropped calls?  Every call I've had in the past couple weeks that's been more than a couple minutes long seems to have dropped at least once.

JoeBush

I get dropped calls at any time it seems......and it's more then an "issue". In today's world of communication, it's a catastrophe.

PlanShopper

Thank you for finally acknowledging the issues and assuring us that you are working on it.  It's about 3 weeks late, but at least it's here.

Based on how this incident has been handled (or not handled) up to this point, I have lost pretty much every bit of confidence I have in PM to offer a reliable service.  I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and hope you fix the issues quickly and learn (A LOT) from these two incidents.  I think this would be a good time to implement some incident tracking policies, sit down and fill out some lessons learned and SHOW us how you're going to improve in the future.  Just coming out and saying "we think it's fixed, let us know" will not be sufficient.  

Pizzaeh

@Anonymous wrote:

@SL5 wrote:

Thanks for the update. I experiance the dropped calls for more than 1 week and at least now I know it is not my cell phone issue.  

Exactly right! Now you know. Wouldn't it have been preferable to come here asking questions to see that "oh it's a known issue" when it becomes known rather than a day or two later. And go away thinking I guess they're on it.

Sure, customers can add their comments to a growing list of affected customers before it has become a known issue. It's at that point that announcements of acknowledgment need to be made. FAR sooner than what they currently seem content to do which allows these large-scale upset customers to fester.

Absolutely agree.  Unfortunately, this is their standard operating procedure.  The users end up being exasperated at the lack of information.  A fews days for most people affected, but frustrating nonetheless.  Can't imagine waiting several weeks if my account's security were ever breached.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SL5 wrote:

Thanks for the update. I experiance the dropped calls for more than 1 week and at least now I know it is not my cell phone issue.  

Exactly right! Now you know. Wouldn't it have been preferable to come here asking questions to see that "oh it's a known issue" when it becomes known rather than a day or two later. And go away thinking I guess they're on it.

Sure, customers can add their comments to a growing list of affected customers before it has become a known issue. It's at that point that announcements of acknowledgment need to be made. FAR sooner than what they currently seem content to do which allows these large-scale upset customers to fester.

SL5

Glasgoa_3

For me it started May 1st at around 4:30 pm til about 6pm. My calls were dropped randomly. 

JHC

I have two numbers with them. One on a $30 account has had issues since 23rd April (had started working the other day, but quit again yesterday evening and now has no service - presumably when they "fixed" the $15 accounts).

One on a $15 account has had issues since this tuesday. That one has some service - i.e. will receive texts and has internet access, but won't send any outgoing messages.

sonician

Is anyone able to confirm how long this particular "dropped calls" issue has been going on, because mine have been getting dropped for weeks, in the evenings. Sometimes after 15-20 mins, sometimes after 30 mins. 

I'd like clarification if what I've been experiencing is the same issue, or something specific with my account.

JHC

Mine still hasn't been rectified - I still don't have any service on either of my public mobile numbers. Contacted moderators days ago, and all I got was 'we're working on it'

Metal1967

If a system glitch came up that gave everone free addons came up, wonder how quick that would be addressed?..😀

sunflowershine

Good to know and hope the issues resolved soon!

Arman

the issue fixed for couple of hours , but i came back agian aroung 5:00Opm.

Could you please fix iit again

Klane

@Alistairm wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

Hi Community,

We have heard your concerns around some calling and service issues and we thank you for flagging them to us. After investigation, we have identified the cause of the issues some of you have been experiencing and want to share an update.

1. Dropped calls - We’re currently experiencing an issue in which select customers may experience dropped calls during peak usage times (approximately 4 to 7pm ET time). Text/data capabilities remain unaffected. Our team is diligently investigating the source of this issue and is fully committed to restoring normal functionality as soon as possible. Until then, we appreciate your understanding.

• What you can do if you want to connect with someone during peak usage times:
      • Use texting, wi-fi, or data to stay connected
      • Use wi-fi calling apps

2. $15 Plan - We’ve successfully fixed an issue that affected the service for select customers who signed up or changed to the $15 100 minute plan beginning April 30. This issue arose at 12:15 AM ET on May 3rd, was identified by our team, and was fixed as of 1 PM ET May 3rd. We understand that staying connected is important, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

• If you’re on this plan and are experiencing any issues other than dropped calls, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here - don’t forget to be as descriptive as possible and to include your account information so that we can assist you as quickly as possible.

We apologize for these inconveniences and the delay on our end in updating you officially. We always look to identify what the issue is and the impact while gathering as much information as we can before announcing, as we want to mitigate any concerns or questions you may have. However, we understand that those of you affected directly, want an update right away. To that end we are working on improving our internal processes in order to get in touch with you as quickly as we can.

Stay tuned as we will update you on the first issue as soon as we can.

Public Mobile Community Team

May 3rd? Sorry, but for me, it was May 2nd.

@Alistairm 

It happend late on May 1st, so some people didnt know about it until the next day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K 

tl;dr - say something far sooner.

Once again...communication. It doesn't take much to notice a trend of a problem as the trickle becomes a flood as more and more customers come on here to wonder why their phone service isn't working.

You arrive first thing in the morning (ET) and you should see that something wrong is going on. Immediately...yes immediately...put *something* up on the entry page to the Community as like a pop-up acknowledging that it seems somethings going on. Maybe even the Post button. Click Post and a pop-up happens with some information. Anything.

That way you don't get the flood. People will come in and see oh ok somethings going on. Then after you've identified the problem another message saying as much.

Then after you've identified the fix another message saying as much.

Then after it seems to be fixed another message saying what, if anything, should be done by the customer.

Then finally the messages stop when all is settled down.

These series of problems you've been having these last several weeks where you get the flood of complaints leading to hysterics and people saying they're leaving and slamming the company all day long is. just. bad. Complete silence is the most frustrating thing for ALL customers. Say. Something.

You want to be an online model? Well present yourselves online then! In all that friendly "Hey! Public Mobile here. Yeah something wrong's going on. Please bear with us as we get to the bottom of it."

These after the fact announcements are just about pointless. Customers want to know what's happening NOW. I think they would even be somewhat forgiving if they just knew what was going on. But, nothing??...bad.

Need Help? Let's chat.