cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Introducing the new and improved phone compatibility checker

@Lawnbowler 

To add: about all you need there is to check it for being lost/stolen. The compatibility is just a bit of a cya for them when you come back screaming that you paid all this money and the phone isn't compatible. The list is administered elsewhere too so it may not even be 100% accurate or complete. As you found.

Car
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Its an good system if your phone is  included in the list but when its not and you put in you IMEI is just does the lost or stolen not anything about if it would work on the system... That is disapointing. 

Adding new features is great, but removing features much less so... This results in some users getting lost thru the cracks. I guess I'll just consider myself luck that I signed up and checked my old phone before this change... neither my personal or my work phone are listed... (for context the work phone is less than a year old and the personal is greater than 6 years)

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Lots of phones missing.  Even some that are currently for sale on Koodo. Samsung A70 is one. 

How lonk ink does it take to add a phone?  

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, anyone know if and when the LG G5 is compatible? 

Yes, if you have the LG G5 Canada version.

Ok sounds good, thanks.

This is great news. I’m sure the new customers will find this easy to use and appreciate it. Great job!

I have a Galaxy S10e international edition and when I checked it with this is couldn't find it in there. I'm happy to know that it works though when I bought a sim card, but I was kind of uneasy about not knowing if it would work

Mayor / Maire

@RASLC wrote:

I have a Galaxy S10e international edition and when I checked it with this is couldn't find it in there. I'm happy to know that it works though when I bought a sim card, but I was kind of uneasy about not knowing if it would work

Yeah there ought to be a clear disclaimer that not all devices are listed and that not being listed does not mean not compatible.

That's a lot of negatives Smiley Happy

I might make RossN's brain hurt again Smiley Happy

Missing model Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017)