cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Introducing the new and improved phone compatibility checker

@Alan_K  Nice to see the additional option, will definitely help people make phone buying decisions as well (check before you buy). 

Public Mobile

If your phone works with Koodo, it'll work with Public Mobile as we're both using the Telus network.

Mayor / Maire

Lg v20 appears to be missing as well as the v30... And V40. Smiley Happy

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@spencerdesign wrote:

I have selected a phone I would like to buy, but the checker won't let me enter make and model - it just flips to the IMEI number box 

Me too but I think the first post in this topic is just screenshots of the checker, not the actual checker! This had me stumped for several attempts as well so don’t feel bad! Attempting to click on it in the initial post opens the picture and clicking on it again to enter phone make just advances you to the next picture (the lost or stollen phone checker that asks for IMEI number)

Go here for the actual phone checker:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

Then in “1- Check your phones compatibility” click the blue circle with down arrow to open the checker.

Terry

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Confirmed that the service works with Razer Phone 1!

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @Alan_K , very useful tool! I noticed that the Samsung Galaxy S10 and A70 are missing from the list so please add them too, thanks!

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Very handy. No issues with the old one embedded in the 'getting started' process.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am  using LG V20. It works very well in Alberta. Sometime I am on 4G+ also. I will put on compatibility list.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 is not on your phone compatibility checker (it should be, it is an excellent phone). So, I lied and entered another Redmi model to get your service, having already purchased the Sim card

Oracle

@Lawnbowler wrote:

The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 is not on your phone compatibility checker (it should be, it is an excellent phone). So, I lied and entered another Redmi model to get your service, having already purchased the Sim card

@Lawnbowler 

FYI, if you already know that your phone model would be compatible, you can simply skip that part of the Get Started page instead of entering fake phone model info. If you have the SIM already, you can head straight to activation, as the other listed steps are simply there to inform you of what's needed.