cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introducing "Customer Support Agent"

@RonEydt wrote:

banning the option for people to register accounts with Moderator in the name should be made part of the system.

I don't disagree, but the term "moderator" no longer means anything on this site.  I do realize that some of Public Mobile's documenation still has some outdated information that makes reference to moderators.

RonEydt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

the best way to announce the change should have been sending a message to all PM accounts. I doubt many people will go and read all the messages posted in Community. It was not the top message, pinned on the page, etc. When a service initiates changes there should be very sound change management process that looks at all customer angles. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RonEydt wrote:

Hi,

this rebranding is causing issues, because if people have not seen it, they can accidentally send their information to accounts that use the names Moderator. There are several of them including Moderator_Team1 which I mistakenly took for the old moderator team and send him a request for invoice that contained some of my personal details.

Can you please change your system, so that no one can make accounts with Moderator in the name?

@Jade_S 

Though @RonEydt is referring to the outdated moderator title, I agree with his idea. Also, now that Public Mobile has updated the title of their support representatives, PM should not allow community members to use any close variation or combination of "Customer Support Agent" as a username either.  While the community account registration process may not be able to catch every name as it's being created, PM can and should force a username change whenever a copycat name is found or brought to their attention.  There is no reason why a customer needs to have a username that can be confused with a support agent on this site.

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

@RonEydt wrote:

Hi,

this rebranding is causing issues, because if people have not seen it, they can accidentally send their information to accounts that use the names Moderator. There are several of them including Moderator_Team1 which I mistakenly took for the old moderator team and send him a request for invoice that contained some of my personal details.

Can you please change your system, so that no one can make accounts with Moderator in the name?

I have raised this MULTIPLE times with the moderators.... This is a BIG SECURITY HOLE that needs to be plugged!

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote:

users with "moderator" as part of the name has always been an issue, even before when "moderators" are moderator.  I honestly think PM should ask them to change their user name.  

They can do far more than that. They can either change them themselves or simply ban the accounts. Still not sure what they are waiting for.

The only thing they have acknowledged to me that they have done is to prevent the users from accessing SOME of those accounts. Problem is customer do not know this and can still send their info and requests there.... and wait forever for no response.

@Jade_S  @CS_Agent    GET THIS FIXED ALREADY!

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't really understand how this is such a big problem  ...  I can see the benefit of trying to  avoid any part of "customer service agent" or "moderator"   in a name .Maybe the simplest solution is rather than having some little green box beside a real agents name  ... it is completely engulfed in green  and the Customer Service Agent is coloured in red  ... not sure that it needs to flash . At least that would set the name off in a way that no one could copy . 

How do you even find those people ...I searched for them  in the user list  and got one name that had Moderator in it and 8 moderators that had green boxes by their names and  were obviously customer service agents .    Are regular customers allowed to colour their names as well ?? 

softech
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor wrote:

I don't really understand how this is such a big problem  ... 

.Maybe the simplest solution is rather than having some little green box beside a real agents name  ...

Are regular customers allowed to colour their names as well ?? 

Yes, this could be a big problem.  This is similar to email phishing treick.

the green box idea is right, they are valid PM CS Agent, however, not everyone, especially newbies understanding this.

Here are some registered "moderators" in the Community  who are indeed not mod :

Moderator_team1

NotModerator

NotaModerator

admoderator

Other questionable ones

EmergencyAgent

PublicAgent

Public

Support

PM_PhoneSupport

SupportTech

barndoor

@computergeek541 wrote:

Customers should almost never be initiating contact with Public Mobile customer support by sending a private message, regardless.  This is one of the reasons that people should usually be submitting tickets by going throgh SIMon. This way, there is no chance for a customer to accidently type in the wrong username to contact a CSA.   

I do realize that the using SIMon to sumbit a ticket would not prevent a member from impersonating a a Public Mobile CSA by sending members unsolicited messages, but it's important to always check for the "AGENT" or "PM" designation next to the username before responding with any account information.

Regarding customers initiating  contact with agents by private message ... then make the agents more accessible .  It still bugs me that I can within Pacific Time Zone   business hours enquire  on the marketing page and get a response in under two minutes but as a paying customer you have to wait for a variable length of time . Yes I know we are only paying for discount service  but a slight change in presentation may give the feeling  of much better service . 

For example if a Pm is sent to an  agent,  have a confirmation  returned to the customer that it has gone to an agent (that gives the customer a chance to see how the system works and gives at least the feel that customer care has been triggered and is on the way)  .   OR  maybe fix the pm system so it shows if  a CSA has read the meassge or not . I have messages in my box that I sent to  CSA's three months ago and according to my private message  indicators they still have not been read . And  one of them was even responded to. . Not very confidence boosting .

If they have been read  it should be indicated and if it has been indicated then a revamp of the pm system is indeed needed to make it more functional and obvious to the customer how to use the system   .

barndoor

@softech wrote:

the green box idea is right, they are valid PM CS Agent, however, not everyone, especially newbies understanding this.

Then I  think it would be a good idea to inform customers of that in an area where they are going to be initiating contact( private message box) .  If you know about the green box and name colouring  WHY would you contact anyone on that customer list thinking it was a  CSA . 

Once you see the difference  how can you mistake a customer for a CSA ?

Sharpola2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think this “CS_Agent” has walked off the job. I have submitted two tickets and sent three Pm’s since August 30th (over a week ago) with ZERO response. I looked at their post history and they haven’t posted anything since July 28th. 

I get that we save money by having a self serve model and reduced customer support, but I never imagined it was THIS reduced.  Am I doing something wrong??

Need Help? Let's chat.