Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing "Customer Support Agent"

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We have some exciting news to share with you all! 🎉

As some of you may know, the Public Mobile team has been working hard to rebrand our Moderator Team. We want to thank you for your feedback, in the Moderator Term Change Survey - the results are in…

Starting August 5, 2021, Customer Support Agent (CSA) will replace the title “Moderator” across the Public Mobile. To private message an agent, search for CS_Agent in the ‘Send to’ box. For more information on how to contact an agent, click here. 

Please note the re-branding of our moderator team > Customer Support Agent is limited to only the title, all roles and responsibilities will remain the same.

Our goal was to transform their title into one that compliments all the support they provide to our customers day in and day out. Our agents are your direct line of contact when you submit a ticket. Hopefully, with this title change, we’ll also reduce some of the confusion around how support works at Public. 

We appreciate all your feedback and support on this meaningful initiative. Our team looks forward to the continued support of our beloved Community. Stay tuned for more to come! 🙂 

Thank you.

- Public Mobile Team 

135 REPLIES 135

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@barndoor 

Or 4 days.....

@darlicious  ... Bite yer tongue !! 

The other benefit to  an estimated time of response from the CSA's  is that it acts as a confirmation that the customer has gotten a message to those they need  to ...so it has a calming  effect on people like me that  get grumpy very easily . 

@barndoor 

Or 4 days.....

barndoor

@darlicious wrote:

@Sharpola2 

This is an unusual blip in customer support wait times with the past 8 months averaging 1 to 2 hours down to as few as 10 minutes. It sure would be nice to have an explanation and a ballpark wait time.

How bout that  @J_PM ?😃

@darlicious   ‌‌👍 .... Don't  need an explanation  .... but wait time would sure be  a good idea .  When someone is having a problem it doesn't matter what the wait time was a week ago it is now that counts and knowing WHEN a response might come means you don't have to waste time waiting for an hour if there is not going to be a response for four hours. 

@Sharpola2 

This is an unusual blip in customer support wait times with the past 8 months averaging 1 to 2 hours down to as few as 10 minutes. It sure would be nice to have an explanation and a ballpark wait time.

How bout that  @J_PM ?😃

@Sharpola2   Yes, looks like the ticket number are very high in the last couple days and PM has been very slow in replying or resolving issue.  Try to private message them again.

@Sharpola2 wrote:

Am I doing something wrong??

You did everything 'by the book'. Try one more time and if you do not get any response you could try to send private message to one of PM staff who are visiting community regularly.

Sharpola2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think this “CS_Agent” has walked off the job. I have submitted two tickets and sent three Pm’s since August 30th (over a week ago) with ZERO response. I looked at their post history and they haven’t posted anything since July 28th. 

I get that we save money by having a self serve model and reduced customer support, but I never imagined it was THIS reduced.  Am I doing something wrong??

barndoor

@softech wrote:

the green box idea is right, they are valid PM CS Agent, however, not everyone, especially newbies understanding this.

Then I  think it would be a good idea to inform customers of that in an area where they are going to be initiating contact( private message box) .  If you know about the green box and name colouring  WHY would you contact anyone on that customer list thinking it was a  CSA . 

Once you see the difference  how can you mistake a customer for a CSA ?

barndoor

@computergeek541 wrote:

Customers should almost never be initiating contact with Public Mobile customer support by sending a private message, regardless.  This is one of the reasons that people should usually be submitting tickets by going throgh SIMon. This way, there is no chance for a customer to accidently type in the wrong username to contact a CSA.   

I do realize that the using SIMon to sumbit a ticket would not prevent a member from impersonating a a Public Mobile CSA by sending members unsolicited messages, but it's important to always check for the "AGENT" or "PM" designation next to the username before responding with any account information.

Regarding customers initiating  contact with agents by private message ... then make the agents more accessible .  It still bugs me that I can within Pacific Time Zone   business hours enquire  on the marketing page and get a response in under two minutes but as a paying customer you have to wait for a variable length of time . Yes I know we are only paying for discount service  but a slight change in presentation may give the feeling  of much better service . 

For example if a Pm is sent to an  agent,  have a confirmation  returned to the customer that it has gone to an agent (that gives the customer a chance to see how the system works and gives at least the feel that customer care has been triggered and is on the way)  .   OR  maybe fix the pm system so it shows if  a CSA has read the meassge or not . I have messages in my box that I sent to  CSA's three months ago and according to my private message  indicators they still have not been read . And  one of them was even responded to. . Not very confidence boosting .

If they have been read  it should be indicated and if it has been indicated then a revamp of the pm system is indeed needed to make it more functional and obvious to the customer how to use the system   .

@barndoor wrote:

I don't really understand how this is such a big problem  ... 

.Maybe the simplest solution is rather than having some little green box beside a real agents name  ...

Are regular customers allowed to colour their names as well ?? 

Yes, this could be a big problem.  This is similar to email phishing treick.

the green box idea is right, they are valid PM CS Agent, however, not everyone, especially newbies understanding this.

Here are some registered "moderators" in the Community  who are indeed not mod :

Moderator_team1

NotModerator

NotaModerator

admoderator

Other questionable ones

EmergencyAgent

PublicAgent

Public

Support

PM_PhoneSupport

SupportTech

barndoor

I don't really understand how this is such a big problem  ...  I can see the benefit of trying to  avoid any part of "customer service agent" or "moderator"   in a name .Maybe the simplest solution is rather than having some little green box beside a real agents name  ... it is completely engulfed in green  and the Customer Service Agent is coloured in red  ... not sure that it needs to flash . At least that would set the name off in a way that no one could copy . 

How do you even find those people ...I searched for them  in the user list  and got one name that had Moderator in it and 8 moderators that had green boxes by their names and  were obviously customer service agents .    Are regular customers allowed to colour their names as well ?? 

@softech wrote:

users with "moderator" as part of the name has always been an issue, even before when "moderators" are moderator.  I honestly think PM should ask them to change their user name.  

They can do far more than that. They can either change them themselves or simply ban the accounts. Still not sure what they are waiting for.

The only thing they have acknowledged to me that they have done is to prevent the users from accessing SOME of those accounts. Problem is customer do not know this and can still send their info and requests there.... and wait forever for no response.

@J_PM  @CS_Agent    GET THIS FIXED ALREADY!

@RonEydt wrote:

Hi,

this rebranding is causing issues, because if people have not seen it, they can accidentally send their information to accounts that use the names Moderator. There are several of them including Moderator_Team1 which I mistakenly took for the old moderator team and send him a request for invoice that contained some of my personal details.

Can you please change your system, so that no one can make accounts with Moderator in the name?

I have raised this MULTIPLE times with the moderators.... This is a BIG SECURITY HOLE that needs to be plugged!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RonEydt wrote:

Hi,

this rebranding is causing issues, because if people have not seen it, they can accidentally send their information to accounts that use the names Moderator. There are several of them including Moderator_Team1 which I mistakenly took for the old moderator team and send him a request for invoice that contained some of my personal details.

Can you please change your system, so that no one can make accounts with Moderator in the name?

@J_PM 

Though @RonEydt is referring to the outdated moderator title, I agree with his idea. Also, now that Public Mobile has updated the title of their support representatives, PM should not allow community members to use any close variation or combination of "Customer Support Agent" as a username either.  While the community account registration process may not be able to catch every name as it's being created, PM can and should force a username change whenever a copycat name is found or brought to their attention.  There is no reason why a customer needs to have a username that can be confused with a support agent on this site.

RonEydt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

the best way to announce the change should have been sending a message to all PM accounts. I doubt many people will go and read all the messages posted in Community. It was not the top message, pinned on the page, etc. When a service initiates changes there should be very sound change management process that looks at all customer angles. 

@RonEydt wrote:

banning the option for people to register accounts with Moderator in the name should be made part of the system.

I don't disagree, but the term "moderator" no longer means anything on this site.  I do realize that some of Public Mobile's documenation still has some outdated information that makes reference to moderators.

RonEydt

banning the option for people to register accounts with Moderator in the name should be made part of the system.

@RonEydt wrote:

Hi,

Customers should almost never be initiating contact with Public Mobile customer support by sending a private message, regardless.  This is one of the reasons that people should usually be submitting tickets by going throgh SIMon. This way, there is no chance for a customer to accidently type in the wrong username to contact a CSA.   

I do realize that the using SIMon to sumbit a ticket would not prevent a member from impersonating a a Public Mobile CSA by sending members unsolicited messages, but it's important to always check for the "AGENT" or "PM" designation next to the username before responding with any account information.

users with "moderator" as part of the name has always been an issue, even before when "moderators" are moderator.  I honestly think PM should ask them to change their user name.  

RonEydt

Hi,

@monatam 

If you are going to send a private message here's the info you need to include but perhaps we can help you if you explain the issue you are having.......?

Spoiler

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@monatam wrote:

Agent?

nobody there to answer and understand my question.

computer system can't work as same as human.

failed

Hi @monatam 

The Community Forum (are customers, here, just like yourself help out one another) can be very helpful.

Care to share any issues you may be having? Give it a shot.👋

All support is online.

To connect with Public Mobile Representatives, this is how you contact them.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

monatam

where is the ears?

stupid 

monatam

Agent?

nobody there to answer and understand my question.

computer system can't work as same as human.

failed

@Seanboyd 

Well that's unfortunate....the community uses about 5mb per hour that you are on here however if you are in the lounge looking at threads full of photos then you will use more. Here are the basics for conserving your mobile data usage......which reminds me I need to reset my data tracker to the correct 30 days since July and August have 31 days and my accounts renewed last night and the night before.

But my tracker is always off by 3 hours because I'm on the west coast and pm works based on the eastern time zone!!

Spoiler

Here is some more tips on data usage that can help you conserve data usage and/or find where high data usage is coming from.....

1. Turn your data saver on.*
  2. Set your data tracker to the correct calendar dates of your 30 day cycle.
  3. Set your data warning. ( I set mine to 25% of plan data**.)
  4. Set your data limiter. (I set mine to 50%.**)
  5. Turn off all background data in your app usage settings.***
  6. Set video content to play on wifi only ( or off altogether) in each individual app's settings.
  7. Turn off wifi assist for iPhone or the Android equivalent.
  8. For low data plans turn off mobile data and turn on when needed or to download MMS.
  9. Use free wifi when available.
  10. Double check that your phone is connected to wifi. Your phone can sometimes not automatically reconnect to wifi after rebooting, resetting or leaving/entering a wifi area.

*Android and iPhone's data saver tools work differently it is prudent to check settings in each phone's apps for such things as your photo app for device syncing, backing up etc.... Note: viewing or searching for backed up/stored photos can use considerable mobile data.

**Public Mobile sends out a text from 611 giving a warning at 75% and 95% of total data usage. If you have data add ons these warnings include both plan data and add on data.

**So if you just have 1gb of plan data you will get a warning at 756mb/1024mb and 973mb/1024mb. However if you have 1gb of plan data and a 5gb data add on (1024mb+5120mb=6144mb) these warnings will recieved at 4608mb/6144mb and 5837mb/6144mb respectively.

**This is why setting your data warning and limiter is important so that an errant app's sudden usage can be noticed and/or stopped by your phone's data usage tools rather than relying on pm's limited warnings system.

***Background data can use up to 38% of your data that is pure wastage.

Get in the habit of taking screenshots of your overview page and payment history before and after renewal for record keeping and checking that your data and/or limited minute/text counter resets.

@Seanboyd wrote:

Why am I going through so much data that not I haven't been able to talk with anyone and using my data try to deal with you ?? I am not happy with my service at all 

How much data is included with your plan? Have you tried managing the data usage by changing the settings in your phone? Eg. Turn off background data for certain apps.

You can check your data usage in self service under Usage History. There is also a counter under My Data & Add-Ons.

Seanboyd

Why am I going through so much data that not I haven't been able to talk with anyone and using my data try to deal with you ?? I am not happy with my service at all 

@Jamietries 

Do you have this screen? If so the default pin # is 1234 but only try that once......

Screenshot_20210827-130125.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jamietries : What exact message are you getting? What have you been trying to do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jamietries 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.