Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing "Customer Support Agent"

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We have some exciting news to share with you all! 🎉

As some of you may know, the Public Mobile team has been working hard to rebrand our Moderator Team. We want to thank you for your feedback, in the Moderator Term Change Survey - the results are in…

Starting August 5, 2021, Customer Support Agent (CSA) will replace the title “Moderator” across the Public Mobile. To private message an agent, search for CS_Agent in the ‘Send to’ box. For more information on how to contact an agent, click here. 

Please note the re-branding of our moderator team > Customer Support Agent is limited to only the title, all roles and responsibilities will remain the same.

Our goal was to transform their title into one that compliments all the support they provide to our customers day in and day out. Our agents are your direct line of contact when you submit a ticket. Hopefully, with this title change, we’ll also reduce some of the confusion around how support works at Public. 

We appreciate all your feedback and support on this meaningful initiative. Our team looks forward to the continued support of our beloved Community. Stay tuned for more to come! 🙂 

Thank you.

- Public Mobile Team 

135 REPLIES 135

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks CSA!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bobbysoulcity : Some voucher vendors seem to have a delay for the voucher to become valid. Did you try in the 611 service? Are you sure you're using the 12 digit PIN# and not any other 12 digit set on the voucher?

I don't know what $5 credit you're talking about.

bobbysoulcity
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was told you may be able to offer a $5.00 credit so that I can purchase your $50.00 plan. I also have a $5.00 credit and just purchased a $40 voucher.

As you can see in the past I have had many problems including no service up to two days after applying my purchased voucher.

With no customer support in the end. Please help? So I can submit this new voucher and resume my new plan and service

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@J_PM  - I think the new name Customer Support Agent will be helpful for all the newbies, and it makes much more sense than the name Moderator.  Thanks!

barndoor

Congratulations Pm on catching up with  most other company's and calling your CSRs , CSAs as opposed to moderators  ..should save confusion for those new customers coming here with questions ...   Do the old timers here really need the  constant  "(formerly moderators)" caption to get over the hump ? 

@Koombassi 

It will be my alter ego in the bizarro world's community!

Koombassi

@darlicious 

But......please don't adopt it. For the real meaning of the word implies that "you have something to say, when yo have nothing to say"  Not you!!

@kaytus wrote:

A warm welcome to All CS-Agent..

Big Thanks and Big Change.

It is just a name change. Not that big a deal.... really!

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

A warm welcome to All CS-Agent..

Big Thanks and Big Change.

@Koombassi 

I love it!

@softech 

Yours doesn't roll off the tongue as well....

@darlicious  you don't want to be a Modarliciator instead?  

Koombassi

@darlicious 

Well now that you mention it, what about: Supercalifragilisticexpialidarlicious!!

@Koombassi 

Lol....best call me oraclicious! 😅😂🤣🤣🤣

Koombassi

@darlicious 

Just weighing in on this belatedly. Actually, a Moderator is most frequently used to describe someone handling a meeting (read Chairperson); whereas, an Oracle is a person who can tell what will happen in the future; which for my money is pretty close to what is supposed to happen if the person posting the query follows the Oracle's advice. 

@pm-smayer97 

One step forward, two steps back....the good, the bad and the ugly at PM.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@esjliv, I think the moderator term will need to be retired here as it is everywhere and no matter what will still create confusion for a long time.  I am still wondering how many times I will say "Looks like a Moderator will need to look into this"

@ShawnC13

I think that would be a good idea.

agreed, which is why I was asking 'please don't do this".

CSA, CSA, gotta think CSA..make it your mantra.

"Customer Support Agent" will also be written as "Customer Service Agent", I am sure, as well.

I guess both are applicable here....I think 'service' is the better match for the 'ole Moderators.

https://www.helpscout.com/blog/customer-service-vs-customer-support/

But why nitpick, it is an improvement regardless.

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Surprisingly I see there is absolutely no fanfare on the overhaul of the private messaging system. Further exploration will yeild more queries to functionality......I do like the search option for members although having the usernames visible rather than just the avatar at first glance would make instant recognition of the sender of messages more convenient. 😃

@darlicious : Old news. Already being talked about over here. I think it's incomplete. The spacing on the left is all around bad. There should be a checkbox to the left. Maybe different on different browsers or device.

TERRIBLE CHANGE to private messaging inbox/sent list... @CS_Agent  @J_PM 

Change just for the sake of change??? With NO benefit but LOTS of inconvenience...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!!!!!!!

@esjliv, I think the moderator term will need to be retired here as it is everywhere and no matter what will still create confusion for a long time.  I am still wondering how many times I will say "Looks like a Moderator will need to look into this"

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Finally they won't be called "Moderators". It took a long time to get this changed. Thank you to all involved to make this change happen as we know it must involve a lot of backend changes in the system and documentation. 

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@J_PM  - this is a refreshing, more modern, change/update!

Now the Oracle title can be changed to Moderator.....JUST KIDDING!

Please don't do that.  🤣

@esjliv 

Why not it would be a more appropriate title? 

@darlicious  Technically, I think Moderators may be the more appropriate name for our current team of Oracles (agreeing with @RosieR past post on this).

But with the 'JUST NEW' change of Moderators to Customer Support Agents, it may set a bit of confusion in the beginning. Not saying, though, later on that may be a great route to take.

Maybe a future 'graduation' of our Oracles to Moderators could be set forth as a ceremony to recognize what these members actually do for PM.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

We can call him "Simon, Special Agent Simon"

That's what I was wondering too.

@softech 

There is only one Simple--Simon!

@hairbag1 .. no need new name for Simon..its OK to stay with Customer Support Agent... cos from today.  all "Customer Support Agents" are now Simon.. LoL

@Anonymous 

Except from my experience they are terrible moderators with the exception of removing really inappropriate posts and spam. They still moderate from a presumed guilty stance and the accuser as innocent as a new born baby.....at least oracles will form a commitee to review the choices they make and they cannot completely dispose of evidence other than their own.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : It _was_ an idea from a certain flower girl to call the Oracles moderators. It would fall in line with pretty much any other forum I've seen. It never made sense to me to call the CSA's moderators in light of their actual duties. But they would still have moderation duties that Oracles can't do, so there's that.

@esjliv wrote:

Please don't do that.  🤣

@esjliv 

Why not it would be a more appropriate title? 

@Anonymous 

Yes I found that thread.....btw you have a set of wheels so you can pledge allegiance to the pink fire hydrants. Chemistry beakers of all shapes and sizes are welcome! Don't worry....there is no fear of thorny roses that **bleep** the skin!🤣🤣🤣

Edit:

Lol! **poke you and make you bleed**!!😉

It is just a name.

But for new customers, I think it is true it is a more familiar term, more human  

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM That's a positive change, thanks! Hopefully now it would be clear for customers to know with whom they communicate.

Please don't do that.  🤣

Need Help? Let's chat.