cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Introducing all new Referral Codes!

I love this! Referred my first friend, today--it was super quick & easy. I think it's great that PM offers rewards and they're easy to do and make sense, too. Thank you for providing an alternative to the big 3 telecom companies in Canada.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PublicLoveIn case you don't know Public Mobile is part of big 3 telecoms... it is just the lowest tier of Telus service

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

great work

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GinYVR wrote:

@PublicLoveIn case you don't know Public Mobile is part of big 3 telecoms... it is just the lowest tier of Telus service

Just proves folks need to do their research lol.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

can I request a new referral code without O and 0? because it is confusive and very easy to make a mistake. 

Mayor / Maire

@TIANRUI wrote:

can I request a new referral code without O and 0? because it is confusive and very easy to make a mistake. 

The activation page validates the referral code. So there is no possibility of error.

Depends on your definition of "error".  Referal Code won't work at store so your referal activates without a referal code. "Error" or not?

Terry

Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector wrote:

Depends on your definition of "error".  Referal Code won't work at store so your referal activates without an activation code. "Error" or not?

Terry

Hmmmm what happens in-store?
Is it not using the same referral code and validation?

@LovesToPM wrote:

@TIANRUI wrote:

The activation page validates the referral code. So there is no possibility of error.

I'm sure that @TIANRUI means that people don't want to try to have to figure out if something is a zero, letter O, one, or L, or i.  It is extremely confusing and no matter how familiar you are with that font/typeface, there will be many mistakes typing these in.  And invalid code won't work, but using characters that can be easily confused with others is avoidable.

@LovesToPM wrote:

Hmmmm what happens in-store?
Is it not using the same referral code and validation?

I mistyped above, I meant to say "so your referal (new customer)activates without a referal code.

In store, you provide the referal code to enter in the referal code box. So if it doesn't work the new customer either  gives up for now, activates anyway without a referal or store enpkyyee kindly supplies his referal code so new customer still gets the $10 referal credit.

Either way, existing customer loses out in referal bonus because of letter/number confusion in the referal code 

Terry