Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Introducing all new Referral Codes!

perfect. Have been waiting for this.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If my friends go to places like Walmart for activation .. can they still use the code?

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@softech yes if you give it to them so walmart employee inputs it on sign up page

Oracle

@softech wrote:

If my friends go to places like Walmart for activation .. can they still use the code?

Yes they can.  There is an Alpha- numeric code that can be entered when activating or a link that can be clicked on when activating at home

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

I suppose this code is still open to abuse by store clerks like phone numbers were. They can just quietly enter their own code. The new customer still gets their 10 bucks but they wouldn't be any the wiser on the dollar side unless they made a point of providing the certain code.

Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Alan_K Nice but not perfect. I would like to create my own personalized code, please. Robot LOL

@Alan_K, I've seen someone's code that has zeroes and the letter O in it.  May I suggest not using 1, I, L, 0, and O if at all possible?

The referral code of one of my accounts has two '0's in it.  Using the link is safer.  But the link is only good for online activation.  It may be a problem for in-store activation. The moderator requests to sort out the referral code issue may go up!

@popping wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Alan_K Nice but not perfect. I would like to create my own personalized code, please. Robot LOL

@Alan_K, I've seen someone's code that has zeroes and the letter O in it.  May I suggest not using 1, I, L, 0, and O if at all possible?

The referral code of one of my accounts has two '0's in it.  Using the link is safer.  But the link is only good for online activation.  It may be a problem for in-store activation. The moderator requests to sort out the referral code issue may go up!

A friend's has two zeros and one O.  She has you beat.  That's a terrible code.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@makkahn28 wrote:

Like the Code needs to chang EACH time it's been Used

One-Time use Referral Code Each time

yep, agreed, one-time use code will elimiate public spamming to certain degree.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Looking forward to using my code, thanks for this.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Beside the rule of no spamming the community with referral codes I would like to see PM do something about the spamming of their Facebook advertisement posts. I have seen moderators request that people remove their phone number from posts there on occasion but rarely. As I said elsewhere recently, I think this is a bad reflection on PM in a public setting. It will happen elsewhere but it shouldn’t be allowed to happen on specific PM posts.

Terry